Search results

1. B

Driver Side Door

Would the driver side front door on a Golf/Jetta Sportwagon be the same as the door on a Golf? A U-pull parts yard has a door I'd be interested in for my wagon if they are interchangeable. Thanks
  2. B

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Installed two under seat drawers and did an oil change.
  3. B

Cold starts in winter

Mine starts at -23C no problem. I think on those -30 nights I'd be plugging it in to insure it starts and reduce wear and tear from such a cold start up.
  4. B

Help! Winter Front for Jetta Sportwagen

I was lucky enough to find a like new IDparts winter front for my Sportwagon on FB market place today. Should be here in a few days, hopefully. Brett
  5. B

Looking to buy a 2012 golf 6mt. What to look for

I've been using 5W30 for years in both out CR Tdi's. 507.00 spec.
  6. B

Has anyone bought back their buyback?

I would like to buy my 2011 Golf Wagon back but can find no sign of it. Regularlly search Kijiji and Auto Trader and Google the VIN with no results. I've sent a couple emails to VW Canada inquiring about the cars whereabouts but the silence has been deafening. :mad:
  7. B

Anybody know why the price of diesel seems so high these days?

Same here. Filled up at a Shell station on the Oakville/Mississauga border today for $104.9. Lowest I've seen for quite some time.
  8. B

Service History on a Used Car

Well bugger. That's what I was afraid of. The car had no service indications in the warranty book, but it did say the car was originally sold at Midtown VW, so I could ask them hoping it was serviced there as well. Thanks
  9. B

Service History on a Used Car

Hi all. I'm looking at buying a 2014 Golf wagon that only has about 34,000 kms on it. The Carfax report show the vehicle having one owner 6 service records. I asked at the dealership (VW) if they could tell me what these services were for but they said they they were unable too. Being such low...
  10. B

Looking to buy a Q5

Pat, mine is a 2015 Technik and included comfort seat package and rear seat entertainment system plus fine grain ash inlay and rear window sunshades. Also came with brand new tires and a set of like new winter tires. Mileage was about 90K and I got it for $32,5. Had just had a full service at...
  11. B

Looking to buy a Q5

I bought a 2015 in a private sale just over a month ago now. Flew to Saskatoon and drove it home to Toronto. Three and a half hours there then three and a half days home. Was a great trip. There were some for sale locally both private and at dealers, but I got a better deal from out west so...
  12. B

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

For those that were quick enough to scoop up one of the newly released 2015's, can any one tell me what the cost was for a Golf Wagon Highline? I've seen a used 2015 with auto transmission and 30K on the clock at a dealership with an asking price of $35,000. Seems a bit steep to me. All I will...
  13. B

It's just been reported that a cheat device has been discovered on the site. Expect it to take 18 months or so before you can log in while the class action is settled. ;-)
  14. B

Straight from the judges mouth http://canlii.ca/t/h3dxt
  15. B

Ontario Approval Order https://www.vwcanadasettlement.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/OntarioApprovalOrder.pdf
  16. B

Repairing Premium 8 Radio?

My radio recent died as well in our 2011 Golf Wagon. I took it into a fellow in Concord (maybe the same guy you mentioned) and he was able to get it working again. Cost us $240. Sadly, within an hour after I reinstalled the unit, it died again. Was different this time though. Screen went blank...
  17. B

Stereo suddenly stopped working

Looks like I've just joined this little club too. Radio crapped out on the wife this afternoon. We are not happy. Brett
  18. B

$0.99 Diesel?

Husky at Courtney Park and Kennedy has been 99.9 for the past week now. I've been by to fill up all the vehicles. Brett
  19. B

What snow tires do you guys use?

I just recently bought some Michelin XIce that I found on Kijiji. Very few miles on them and in excellent shape. They went on yesterday and I am really looking forward to trying them out. Brett
  20. B

Winter tire countdown

Just swapped winter tires onto the Golf Wagon yesterday. This is actually my first set of winter tires. So exciting. Brett