Search results

1. schoolsout

Sounded like exhaust leak

Similar to the EGR cooler when it was bad, but pulsated with the engine. Started after going about 15 miles on interstate, idled in buddy's yard for 5 mins and then it began. Went in Harris Teeter, grabbed a 4-pack of Dogfish Head Midas Touch and it was a rough start. Shut it down, waited a...
  2. schoolsout

Faint chirping noise

I have a really faint chirping noise that I can only hear when I let off the throttle and, really, when I'm up against some sort of sound barrier the soundwaves can bounce off. It isn't major, but has been doing this for about 3k miles or so. It isn't loud. It either goes away when throttle...
  3. schoolsout

Antenna on '06 Jetta

Anyone else having a problem with the base of the antenna starting to deteriorate? I haven't noticed any leaks or anything, but it is the softer part that acts as a base, and I assume the seal, for the antenna on the car at rear of roof.
  4. schoolsout

Good deal on ZDDPlus

Methinks... Let me know...first time I've ever ordered it. Trying to make the new cam last as long as possible (when I finally get one)...
  5. schoolsout

Replacing Cam

Ok, definitely need to do this. Was just going to buy the BRM cam kit from Bora or IDparts, but now I've been reading about Colt Cams. I am looking for longevity mostly. I guess I should order a BEW cam for my BRM engine. What do y'all think? As for the rest of the parts, do I order the...
  6. schoolsout

Factory radio much louder

I don't know if something was altered through the computer when my DMF was changed out, but my factory stereo (the 6 disc player) seems to be much louder. Half volume is louder than any human can stand for long. Could something have changed the settings of the output/amp during DMF install...
  7. schoolsout

Showing my ignorance (oil related)

I have no clue what oil is used in my car as I take it down the street to the place our company uses (for ease and we have an account there). I think they told me they use Kendall and are using full synthetic 5w30 in my car. I've got 105k miles on the car and have only had the usual issues...
  8. schoolsout

Charleston, SC TDI guru

or anyone willing to help me out with possible deletion of EGR on 2006 Jetta TDI? I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff. Either looking to just replace the cooler or block it off. I do plan on keeping this car until it dies.
  9. schoolsout

Secondary Air hose into Air Box '06 TDI

I'm not exactly sure what it is called, but it is the hose that goes from motor to the air box (I was told it is some sort "pre-heater" or something to aid in cold weather). It is below the air intake hose with MAF on it. This hose is maybe 1-1.5" in diameter. I'm in SC, so it doesn't ever...