Search results

1. otty

Who’s going to Tesla after their current TDI?

I am saving up for most likely a Tesla. Would love a cybertruck but not sure my Passat will last that long. Probably a model 3, maybe a Hyundai Kona electric is how it looks right now...
  2. otty

Difference between NA Passat BHW and European model

I can tell you that my AVF engine seems to use almost all of the same parts as the BHW but it is missing the balance shaft and has no EGR. It is really the best of both worlds it seems!
  3. otty

FCP euro control arm kits for b5.5 NLA?

The control arm actually snapped. I could see it stick out behind the tire...
  4. otty

FCP euro control arm kits for b5.5 NLA?

An update on the control arm kit I got: A couple of days ago the lower control arm snapped on the passenger side sending the car right down onto the ground. Fortunately I was just pulling into a gas station or this could have been VERY bad. I will have to warn everyone against buying the kit I...
  5. otty

VW B5 Passat Replacement Camshaft Kit

This is a good option: https://www.idparts.com/bhw-camshaft-replacement-kit-038109101af-p-1425.html
  6. otty

new to me Passat wagon... manual!

AWD is amazing. I live down a steep muddy hill and I can get up no problem - even better that most 4wd trucks. In the snowit is amazing. The power adjusts to the wheels that have traction. Just so secure and tons of control. It does hurt the mpg a bit. The last tires were Toyo Versado. I forget...
  7. otty

new to me Passat wagon... manual!

I have a converted W8 to TDI AWD. Originally it was the W8 performance model and it came with 17" rims. These go through tires like crazy. The last set only lasted about 50,000 km. They were not cheap tires either, they were Toyo tires. Now I am trying continentals made for extra load. Hoping...
  8. otty

CCM acting up - no door locks, no power windows etc

Interesting... I may have a second look at my similar issue.
  9. otty

Multiple electrical issues suddenly

Nope, never been resolved and I have not seen any water in the footwell for months now. I am just carrying on driving it like this. Still drives great!
  10. otty

Yes it is. I am slowly trying to lube it up and hope it will work. Does it work without the electronics of the lock functioning?
  11. otty

How do I open it? This is a wagon and the switch in the door does not work or the remote. Thanks!
  12. otty

Update: I checked fuses 14 and 38. They appear fine. I did previously check the 5-6 15Amp fuses under the dash and they were fine. I will check that fuse? Or wiring board under the spare tire soon. I also appear not to have access to the extra 20l tank the W8 has... a bit tough to get to that...
  13. otty

Thanks for the idea. I have checked some relevant fuses but not all of them I will look again. The rear of the car may have gone deep enough to get the wiring panel in W8s that is under the spare tire wet. I run a wire out the removeable plug hole there for the trailer signals. I will check all...
  14. otty

Brake caliper fabrication

Or try the W8 as a source for the brakes. You do need to watch what wheels you use or they will not fit. My 16" winter steelies have to go on with spacers to make room for the calipers.
  15. otty

Thanks for the input. I will slowly get to doing all of the above. It was an Ontario car before it moved out to BC with me about 7 years ago.
  16. otty

I may try that. There was no sign the CCM had every been wet. And the replacement as well (see photo above). I suspect it is something else but I may try that. Thanks!
  17. otty

Does anyone have any other ideas of what may have gone wrong? Blown fuses somewhere or something? I can't see how so many problems could arise so suddenly with no obviously chewed up wires or blown fuses or something...
  18. otty

I Got the correct CCM (part numbers and almost all other numbers match the old one and it looks just as clean inside). No difference. I am guessing the wiring has gone haywire somewhere. I have checked all I could see under the dash and no obvious problems. There are a lot of spliced and cut...
  19. otty

Yes, that is my fear given that the other CCM did not help at all... we shall see!
  20. otty

Hey, sorry for my impatience... the wiring and everything looks good up to the dash. That is why I wonder if it is even the issue. I have had mouse issues and found a dead one up by the dash. Could be the problem but will be hard to figure out I imagine... How do I find the code after the part #?