Search results

1. jdhunt0

FS: 2005.5 Jetta TDI (Attleboro, MA)

I have a car in similar condition, what did it end up selling for?
  2. jdhunt0

Headliner Replacement

They quoted me $250 plus I would need to schedule someone to take the glass out and reinstall. It's a 2 day job.
  3. jdhunt0

Headliner Replacement

That's a bit of a drive. I was told there was someone in Frankfort KY, but have not figured out who yet.
  4. jdhunt0

Headliner Replacement

I need the headliner replaced in my MKV Jetta. Anyone know of anyone in KY that does them?
  5. jdhunt0

No Air reaching vents

I've only had issues with the AC
  6. jdhunt0

No Air reaching vents

I don't think that's the problem. It's very hard to trouble shoot as it has only happened about 5 times in 3 years. But it sure is annoying when it does.
  7. jdhunt0

No Air reaching vents

I still don't have a solution.
  8. jdhunt0

Door Lock Chirp

Yep, blinking light. I think it's just the speaker itself, but it's so quiet I cannot locate it. Does not help that we got 18" of snow the other day either.
  9. jdhunt0

Door Lock Chirp

It chirps and the lights flash, it's just really quiet.
  10. jdhunt0

Turbo Vane Actuator Failure

Maybe this is a solution to a different problem, but I was always understood that it was a part inside the turbo itself that wore and caused problems. Is it just the actuator? Or is the "zip tye" mod solving a different problem?
  11. jdhunt0

Door Lock Chirp

Mine still works, it just got quiet. I am thinking it may just have ice in it.
  12. jdhunt0

Door Lock Chirp

I have a 05.5, it does not use the horn.
  13. jdhunt0

Door Lock Chirp

The "chirp" I used to get when I locked my doors has suddenly gotten so quiet it is barley audible. Does anyone know where the speaker? is located?
  14. jdhunt0

Random turbo noise- sign of impending failure?

Look up the thread about adjusting the actuator screw or the zip tie trick.
  15. jdhunt0

Made it to 250k Today

I'll have the cam looked at when I get my TB replaced at 260k. No other real problems with the car other than normal wear.
  16. jdhunt0

Made it to 250k Today

I crossed over the 250,000 mile mark today on my 05.5 Jetta. Pretty happy. Think I'll make 300k?
  17. jdhunt0

Stick with the 2006 or move on?

I put almost 40k miles on my car a year. I have an 05.5 with 250k on it. It's going in for the 3rd timing belt pretty soon. I will keep this car until my commute gets shorter. Even then it will be hard to part with.
  18. jdhunt0

2006 tdi no power black smoke under 2000 rpm

Well my car made it almost 70k miles with the zip tie mod. It broke this morning on the way to work and I guess the car went into what you all refer to as limp mode. It would not go over 60 mph without a hill to go down. I guess I'll be installing another zip tie tonight.
  19. jdhunt0

RCD-510 (Asian Version w/USB) Install

The seller I ordered the antenna adapter from sent the wrong one and did not have any more of what I needed so they refunded my money. I have not ordered a replacement so I have no AM/FM. If I try to play through the USB from any Apple device there is a clicking noise. I have not anything to...
  20. jdhunt0

Vibration in Steering Wheel (high speed only)

That's been my only complaint about this car. I have not had many problems, but the solution most of the time seems to be throw parts at it.