Search results

1. D

Cheapest diesel in USA, well....

Check this article out. At least one person did the right thing. If this held true, diesels would be popular and more expensive to buy. http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=TopStories&referrer=welcome&id=20081024/49014840_3ca6_1552620081024-1246155093 Strange how many people took...
  2. D

New TDI Solenoid relisted for sale/auction

Sold at auction, no longer available
  3. D

New Starter Solenoid TDI

I have a brand new WAI Solenoid that was going to be installed on the Starter of my former 2000 Beetle TDI 5 speed manual. The solenoid was not the issue on the starter, so it was not installed. I bought a new starter to install on the car, and later had mine rebuilt for a spare. The part number...
  4. D

What is a good price to ask for my car?

none Sold Car
  5. D

This guy is a jerk

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006/09/ceo_of_autonati.html I wonder if he is saying increase gas taxes now?
  6. D

I like this guy. Now if the States would do the same.

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=TopStories&id=20080415/48042840_3ca6_1552620080415-186079470 THe problem is that we need tax breaks during the winter on diesel. I am glad he is addressing diesel as well.
  7. D

Truckers strike in my small town

Truckers have struck in my small town which is near a Port. I am 60 miles South of Houston. Ironically I sent a letter (hoping to be guest columnist) on high diesel prices yesterday. I was featured a few years ago with an article on diesel. I hope they will call me since and accept my article...
  8. D

Looks like Europe is going to mess things up

Looks like the poor Europeans are going to be taxed more on diesel in the near future. Stupid environmentalists are going to destroy the economy like they are over here! Here is the article: .buttons { float: left; margin: 2px 5px 2px 5px; padding: 2px...
  9. D

Al Gore with a TDI?

"Al Gore will be the first one in TN to own what he calls the cleanest and most friendliest car on the road. The 2009 Jetta TDI. Gore hopes that the diesels will replace the hybrids and that Toyota will immediately start producing diesels/....................." This being April the 1st, I...
  10. D

High diesel costs result in theft of fuel!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5637566.html Read this! 1400 gallons of diesel stolen!!!!!! If anyone in Texas is offered "cheap" diesel by an outside source it is probably hot. This is madness! 1400 gallons would run a TDI for a LONG LONG time. Paul:eek:
  11. D

How many of you will sell your TDI?

How many of your will sell your TDI if Summer prices hold 80 cents to one dollar above regular meaning that winter will 1.30 or more above regular? I know some people will keep theirs regardless, but answer this if you think you will. I am thinking seriously of selling mine maybe in 2 months. I...
  12. D

How long is this going to go on? 7 months!

Well it looks like we have all been paying more than our fair share for diesel compared to gasoline for 7 months now. Looks like there is no relief in site. The price difference has risen almost to 60 cents over regular unleaded recently rather than taper down. Are we going to see any...
  13. D

2009 Bmw 335d

2009 BMW 335d BMW launches the 335d, a 3 Series equipped with a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged diesel inline-6. By Matt DeLorenzo and Photos by John Lamm provided by...
  14. D

Bottom Line Pricing for New Jetta TDI?

Does anyone know or have any idea what the price of the new Jetta TDI's are going to be? I was told they would start out in the low 20's. Is this true? Or will they be priced starting at above the mid 20's??? Of course I hear rumors that they will gouge everyone for a while demanding so...
  15. D

Diesel fell .25 a gallon Xmas day! Back up!

A local chain did something very interesting Xmas day. I of course filled both diesel cars up. Diesel fell to the low of $2.99 a gallon and RUG to $2.59. OF course still keeping the .40 cent gap. Then the very next day, diesel 3.24 and RUG 2.79 This same chain was caught trying to manipulate...
  16. D

Kroger diesel?

Does anyone here buy their diesel from Kroger? They are usually the cheapest in town, however it does not seem they have ULSD yet. At least that is true at my station. I have been burning it in 2 diesels and all seems fine. Of course if you buy $100 worth of groceries/goods you get 10 cents...
  17. D

Petition for Mini Cooper Diesel

I found this online by accident doing some searches. It is a petition to presuade BMW to bring the Mini diesel to the USA. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/minid/ I signed this morning. With diesel prices exceeding gasoline at the time does not help too much:mad: . It is worth a try, the...
  18. D

2000 TDI Beetle 71,000 Original owner

2000 TDI Beetle 71,000 Original owner Houston, TX Void Post Void
  19. D

A/C stops blowing cold, then will blow cold?

Hello everyone. I am frustrated at my 2000 VW Beetle TDI. My A/C would stop blowing cold the dash temp light would beep. First my Coolant bottle was replaced (probably not needed), then my Fan Control Module was replaced. Seemed to work well for 2 days, a/c stopped blowing cold but dash light...