Search results

1. T

02J Bellhousing cracked... because of SMF conversion???

I upgraded the turbo and intake manifold in 2016. It was nothing radical - just a PD150 intake and GT1749VB turbocharger. I didn't chip it or upgrade the MAP sensor or anything like that. I wish I would have know about this issue then; or a couple of years ago when I had it out to do the...
  2. T

02J Bellhousing cracked... because of SMF conversion???

Noticed that shifts were getting notchy, and saw a puddle of gear lube when the car was parked. When I added lube to the fill hole and test drove the car - the lube basically poured out. Pulled the transmission and this is what I found: I installed a new SMF, pressure plate and clutch in...
  3. image2.jpeg

image2.jpeg

4. image1.jpeg

image1.jpeg

5. image0.jpeg

image0.jpeg

6. T

WTB BEW Tandem Pump - broken/shot/not working

It looks like it would work. Please PM me to provide details. Thank you!
  7. T

I will have to look at one to let you know; thanks…
  8. T

I don’t need the whole pump. I need the test port cover. I cracked mine while removing the test port plug.If you have an old pump laying around and would be willing to mail me the test port cover for a reasonable price please hit me up!
  9. T

PD TANDEM PUMP REBUILD $25 EBAY KIT (leaking into crankcase/oil)

RE: PD Tandem Pump Rebuild Nice tip. My tandem pump has been leaking oil down the side of my engine and making a mess of things for a while now. I replaced the pump to cylinder head gasket a few years ago but that evidently wasn't the root cause. For $25 I'll give this rebuilt kit a try.
  10. T

Thoughts and Prayers for oilhammer's Family

Sympathy I am very sorry to hear this; my sincere condolences to you, Brian, and your family. Godspeed
  11. T

Winter Woes - Car Doors Freezing Shut

Silicone grease, like dielectric grease holds up well.
  12. T

Any tips on removing a KP39 turbo actuator while on vechile?

Soak them in liquid penetrant overnight. 3/8" is a little smaller than 10mm, so try one of those. You might need a six point wrench to keep it from rounding. Heat (MAPP torch) will help if the penetrating oil fails.
  13. T

PD150 setup for my BEW has arrived!

Lol! I hadn't really thought about that; the intake came with the turbo as an extra. Since they came as a unit, I figured I would just bolt the whole thing on. The PD150 setup appears more staightforward as well. Your point about cost is valid. If a $40 MAP is the difference in potential...
  14. T

PD150 setup for my BEW has arrived!

I finally ordered up a PD150 intake/GT1749VB setup from Europe. I am stoked to get this installed :D. After reading post upon post and thread upon thread, I need to clarify some things about the supporting mods from those who have already been there... I am contemplating a mild setup with stock...
  15. T

BEW turbo upgrade and fuel questions!

So a BEW with VNT-17 and good stage 2 tune will give a reliable 150 WHP at around 22 PSI...with the stock 2.5 bar MAP? What changes, then, when you put a stage 4 tune on the BEW engine? Are stock injectors still providing enough fuel? 3 bar MAP? How many PSI boost can the BEW engine run with...
  16. T

Burning oil after vnt17 and stage 4

I'd like to know how this turns out. Did you check the lower charge pipe, as others have already suggested? A new turbo shouldn't be leaking. Then again, a reconditioned head shouldn't be leaking past the valve seals. If the amount of oil inside the pipe looks alright, I might measure cylinder...
  17. T

WTB: VNT17 GT1749VB for BEW

Yeah, well - if $600 is the going rate for a used vnt17 I'll have to consider a new one.
  18. T

WTB: VNT17 GT1749VB for BEW

Anybody have a spare VNT17 in good shape? Not looking to spend $800+ on a turbo right now...
  19. T

KP39 believed to have failed

A small amount of oil does seep through to the boost side, and so with 200K+ miles I expect that's normal. You might work the vanes free - I'm sure I've seen some threads on that very subject. If you go the CHRA route and you buy off eB@y - caveat emptor; the quality of parts varies widely. Do...