Search results

1. B

Paid off the TDI today

Finally own the TDI! After just over 3 years and 66,150 miles of driving. Looking forward to driving it for a long time!
  2. B

Austin,TX to Buena Vista, CO!!

Headed out in the morning!! Taking the more rural route (Hyw 183 to 84 then I27) up to Amarillo and then on to Colorado. Ill try to get some pics up. Looking forward to seeing how this road trip goes now that the car has 40,000 miles on it. Last trip was Austin, TX to Chowchilla, CA.
  3. B

Texas is running B5!!!

Hello Everyone, maybe Im the last to realize in Texas, but I just noticed yesterday when scanning my receipt for my car wash code. I saw the "Contains up to 5% biodiesel. With a little internet search skills I was able to find this...
  4. B

What tires did you replace your stock Conti's with???

Hello fellow TDI'ers, Just wanting to get some input on what tires y'all went with when the stock Conti's had lived out their lives, mine are at about 37,000. I drive a good mix of city and highway and I like to turn hard sometimes (freeway turn arounds/ wide intersections). Definitely more of...
  5. B

Can I get a wave, horn beep beep, something?!

Hello fellow TDI'ers, Just wondering if anyone else acknowledges other TDI's on the road. I usually give a beep beep as I pass (or they) pass. Anyone else with me? I know Jeep drivers (esp Wranglers) have "The Wave". We should get something like that. Happy driving! See y'all out there!:D
  6. B

Glow plug light flashed....and then didn't.

Hello fellow TDI lovers, Here's the quick run down. This morning the car started up fine. Ran it for about 3/4 of a mile and when I took off from the next stop light I noticed the glow plug light flashing. Immediately I start fearing the worse. Since I was pretty close to work I just moved...
  7. B

Austin Texas to Chowchilla California

Hello Everyone, well Im taking the first really long trip in the TDI on June 2nd. Plan is to just take I10 all the way out to CA and then jump north at Blythe in order to catch I 40 to Hwy 58 and then 99 all the way up the Valley to CA (avoid LA). should only have to stop for fuel about 3...