Search results

1. B

Best LED headlights and housings?

When I first got my 2010 Golf I remember people flashing their brights at me constantly. They were really surprised when I flashed my HID brights back. Adaptive Xenon's were not super common at the time I guess. Only switched out the stock bulbs a couple years ago.
  2. B

CJAA DSG DMF - pilot bearing?

My pilot bearing was toast when I got my DMF changed at about 230k miles.
  3. B

Front wheels vibrating when accelerating

Have a long breaker bar on hand for those driveshaft end bolts. They are tight! Depending on what type you get (it varies) could be a 12 point socket (21mm?) or a large allen (16mm?). I remember mine being 130 ft-lbs +180 degree. Used the jackstand handle on my 2 ft breaker bar and it worked...
  4. B

Additives in CJAA

2010 Golf TDI with 240k miles. Used Powerservice (white or silver) at nearly every fill up. I change the fuel filter every 20k. The car runs great. First 13 years of ownership were mostly B5 diesel in TX. Now that I live in CA I mostly fill up with 76 or Costco renewable diesel.
  5. B

Low Coolant - top off? Flush and fill? where's it going?

I agree with thatwhitejsw, old coolant bottle could be cracked/leaking. Also check the hoses that go to the heater core. I had the one that goes over the EGR cooler starting to weep coolant. Heat and age got it.
  6. B

Do I have engine / dogbone mount issues? Video included

I would do all the mounts but dont bother with the subframe insert bushing for the dogbone. Way to big of a pain to change out. I swapped all 3 engine mounts and the dogbone using jackstands and a floor jack to support the engine. Pretty straightforward. If you dont touch the subframe you wont...
  7. B

"Knock" on cold start-up (DSG DMF)

Night and day difference when I got my DMF changed out at about 230k. Car is smooth and quiet. Happy you got it done Garrison.
  8. B

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Awesome! I'm about to hit 240k in my 2010.
  9. B

2011 JSW - ABS Control Module

Check Ross Techs site for some helpful hints when swapping the module. Also helpful tips for performing the Basic Settings after install.
  10. B

2011 JSW - ABS Control Module

I had the same issue with my ABS module. Managed to source a new one from VW for about $600. Getting it in and out is an absolute PITA as there is very little clearance. I dropped the DPF down and rested it on the exhaust tunnel and it was still very tight. Used VCDS to code the new module with...
  11. B

01276 -014 - ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64); Fault in Circuit

Read this first https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2016/RCRIT-16V913-6522.pdf If you're covered in the recall, great! If not, do it yourself if you can. I did and while its a PITA of a job (need to drop the DPF to get room to get it in and out) it will save you considerable money at a shop. I...
  12. B

Evaluate Timing Belt Health

On a cold start up listen for a "tsssk tssssk tsssskkk" sound from the timing belt area. I had about 1000 miles to go before my timing belt was "due" and it was making that noise. I've read thats the timing belt tensioner on its way out. After the timing belt service it is very quiet. If it were...
  13. B

my tdi is flashing weird lights at me

VCDS is your friend. If you dont already own it, I would purchase the cable. Like Tuheeden said, all codes point to DPF. Oilhammer has a sticky posted in TDI 101 about what parts are needed to replace the DPF. I replaced mine myself on 4 jackstands. Plenty of instructions here on TDI Club and...
  14. B

Last week I got my 240k mile Timing Belt Service done on my 2010 Golf TDI at Kombi Haus here in Sacramento. Car has about 238k on it right now. Also got the front control arms (set from ID parts), sway links, tie rods replaced. Got the car aligned after. I will say after this my car has never...
  15. B

DSG Dualmass Flywheel parts & labor in 2022?

I got mine changed out at about 230k miles. Was making noise on cold start up at idle. DSG felt herky jerky from a stop light. Had a shop here in Sacramento do it for $1800. Pilot bearing was toast when they pulled it so that got changed too. Car is so much smoother now.
  16. B

Did my 240k mile service. Everything looked great. DSG fluid looked unused after 40k miles. Fuel filter housing had no sign of metal flakes. Keep on rolling. Next up I need to get the car in for a timing belt and control arm refresh.
  17. B

I did not do that myself. Kombi Haus in Sacramento (Oak Park) did a great job for $1800 parts and labor. Other shop in town quoted me about $2700 as well. Highly recommend Kombi Haus. I'm going to have them do my timing belt very soon. They quoted me $1500 for that. Seems to be the going rate...