Search results

1. GTSLOW

2014 cjaa timing belt tensioner will not fully adjust

The only difference is I had the fuel pump pin as well.
  2. GTSLOW

Yes, it's the INA tensioner like in the above posts.
  3. GTSLOW

Timing belt change question - freaking out!

So I'm going through this now. My tensioner looks IDENTICAL to how yours sits in that picture. What was the solution? Like you, I followed every bit of the instructions with fine detail. My only issue is this damn tensioner arrow moves left after I rotate the engine twice to verify clearance...
  4. GTSLOW

So I think I'm dealing with this now too. Cam pin = set, fuel pump pin = set, and crank lock = set. Belt went on well, set the tensioner, torqued the cam and fuel pump sprocket bolts. I removed the pins and as soon as I start turning the engine over the tensioner needle starts moving. After two...
  5. GTSLOW

Dieselgate warranty is awesome!

I tried to decipher the website and had no luck. I called and she said it expires this May.
  6. GTSLOW

Dieselgate warranty is awesome!

Just had my 2011 Golf repaired using the warranty. It had several codes for the DPF and P2015 for the intake manifold. In eight days they replaced the intake manifold, DPF, and DPF flap. Heck yeah!
  7. GTSLOW

Quick question on Dieselgate Warranty - Is ours still covered?

The Golf is back! Eight days total in shop. Had the following replaced: -intake manifold (P2015) -DPF -DPF flap Total cost $0.00 10/10 would recommend. Edit: was told our warranty expires in May. So yeah, I have no idea how to read or understand that VW website.
  8. GTSLOW

Help...

DPFs are incredibly expensive new and they are in high demand. You may get lucky finding a used one with lower miles with someone who's deleted theirs outside of California. A new cheap replacement DPF simply does not exist.
  9. GTSLOW

Quick question on Dieselgate Warranty - Is ours still covered?

Greetings! Hoping someone can break this down "Barney style" for me. Our 2011 Golf threw the dreaded DPF light/code this morning. The car currently has 97,600 miles and we were not the original owners who had the car modified (bought used from a dealer in 2021). This is what I'm seeing on...
  10. GTSLOW

Seat cover/replacement?

Did anyone ever find seat covers? I've got a 2011 Golf with some pretty tired front seats. I very much prefer to seat covers that are specific to the model vs loose fitting randoms.
  11. GTSLOW

2015 Passat TDI SE ->MANUAL<- 72K $15K - Kentucky SOLD SOLD SOLD

You ain't jokin. I'm sure I'll look back at today and regret it dearly! I LOVE the full size sedan with the 6-speed. I should have. However, she sold within 23hours of being listed on Facebook for asking. Farewell my beloved 6MT Passat TDI!
  12. GTSLOW

That's correct. It took over a year to even find one. Unfortunately, the Army has us heading to California and I've already got a TDI Golf and my Duramax Silverado. :(
  13. GTSLOW

I'm back! Thanks for all the PMs. One of the many fantastic benefits of being active duty is departing the country with short notice. 😅 Anyways, I'm back and the car is available and ready for a new home. I've got it on FB Marketplace now as well (pray for me lol). Hope everyone is enjoying...
  14. GTSLOW

Help Finding a Broken Fitting

This was incredibly helpful this past weekend. I now have a hot and toasty car again. Thanks!
  15. GTSLOW

Update. Pics have been uploaded. Drove this a few times last week and realized the heater core is kaput. It's scheduled to get the heater core replaced next weekend (2/12-2/13). Listing this on the major websites 2/19. If no sale by 4/1 it will head to Carvana. :(
  16. GTSLOW

2012 Jetta Sportswagen TDI 6 Speed Manual - Timing Belt and lots of service JUST done. 1 Owner Weymouth, MA $6,950

There's been LOTS of thread necros lately. I think it's partly due to the older posts prices being very good. TDI, specifically CR, prices have SKYROCKETED with this market + fuel prices. Carvana has been regularly selling them for $18-25k.
  17. GTSLOW

2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive

Reading is hard lol. It sold back in June for $29k.
  18. GTSLOW

I do not know of any other full size sedans with a manual transmission, at least 230lb ft of tq, and get 48mpg. This car is a blast to drive and enjoy.
  19. GTSLOW

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD We bought this spring of last year and have put maybe 2,000 miles on it. Between our two other diesels this TDI gets the least use. I can't see myself hoarding TDIs anymore. Exterior: 6/10 - white with many dings and doinks as seen in the pictures. Interior: 6/10 - the...
  20. GTSLOW

M6 Shifter compatibility? Same as Golf or Jetta or GTI or Golf R?

Does anyone know if the shifter tower/cables from the other models will work on our Passats? I.E., can I replace my stock shift tower/cables with a unit from a GTI? *I'm fully aware that there is a Diesel Geek repair kit. Thank you. :)