Search results

1. rotarykid

Poor MPG with Arietta wheels

I have 99.5 Jetta TDI that had the factory alloys with 205/70R15 Michelin Defender tires on this thing since it was new. But they no longer make 15" Defender tires in the size I want, so earlier this year I got a set 17X7J Arietta wheels along with a set of 215/55R17 Defender tires that I...
  2. rotarykid

Pistons for a 1Z

My 1997 1Z TDI Passat was overheated from a recalled water pump that failed before I purchased it off of a dealership back lot from VW of America Credit. The engine was in pieces in a box in the trunk when I bought it so I had to rebuild the engine @ ~46k miles when I first bought it around late...
  3. rotarykid

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

In the Denver area as of this morning D2 is running the cheapest was ~$4.20-4.35 for B-02 to B-10% which is the amount of Bio Diesel minimum requirement in all D2 sold across Colorado... I also add 2-3 US OZs of acetone to each fill, which helps keep any moisture dissolved in the fuel, keeping...
  4. rotarykid

Biodiesel Prices & Locations By State/province

There is only one in the Denver area left now, "SHOCO Oil" in Commerce City CO. Last I bought it from them fuel had not spiked in price yet, I paid ~$5 a gal for B99. Who knows what it cost now... Today I paid $5.129 for D2 in Denver off of I-225 & 6th Ave... I paid $4.659 for RUG (85 octane)...
  5. rotarykid

B5.5 Passat 5 speed swap parts

Might also be interested
  6. rotarykid

Speed limits across the US are on the rise! Up-to-date state-to-state info & news...

I would never take for granted what we have achieved in the posting of more realistic based safe speed posted limits . The insurance industry will always be a threat to keeping of safe real 85th percentile speed limits posted anywhere because they cost them lost enforcement point based surcharge...
  7. rotarykid

Paid 3.169 for B20 last Friday, D2 is running 2.599-2.799, RUG is 2.60-2.859 in the Littleton CO area
  8. rotarykid

Free VIN checks

Does anyone have a good working link to check a vin?, thanks
  9. rotarykid

Above has been the norm all summer. .. Today in Aurora CO $1.859 for D2, $2.199 was the low for RUG in the Buckley AFB area.....on 6th & Buckley bvld. @ an exxon quick stop....the cheapest I have seen in the denver area in sometime. ..
  10. rotarykid

What does it come out to in galImp?
  11. rotarykid

Diesel and rug prices are holding pretty steady in the Denver area... I paid $1.95 for D2 Friday, saw rug for $2.30 today. RUG is running mostly in the $2.30-2.60 range with D2 running 1.90-2.40 range around the region.... With most stations holding pretty cosistantly with rug equal to or...
  12. rotarykid

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

I'm sorry but the fantasy view of the world where were and still are not using coal very much is BS I am less than a mile from a train track that has three full-length coal trains go both directions each day to power plants that Supply Power legit which to the tailpipe shifting of California...
  13. rotarykid

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

Full EV tec is still at least a decade or two from becoming anything more than a feel good option for mostly the well off & rich's play thing. Or governments tool to give excuse to again have their feel good option in the fleet. This will be the way it is for likely the rest of the time I am...
  14. rotarykid

Diesel less than rug right now. ... Diesel has been less than rug for the last few weeks in the Denver area... $1.80-$1.89 for D2, while rug is running $2.20-$2.40+ at most stations....
  15. rotarykid

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Old style IDI engines suffer from low compression after a time if the non-synthetic incorrect oil was used for very long or air filter replacements are put off too long. In dirty sand filled areas I have seen rings chewed up in short order in all sorts of diesel engines when air filter services...
  16. rotarykid

Speed limits across the US are on the rise! Up-to-date state-to-state info & news...

I'm aware they did enact that law, but what I was looking for was proof on the ground that OKDOT has reversed policy allowing the limit increase to be posted? Not something I have been able to find as of yet. ....
  17. rotarykid

I just read an article which stated Oklahoma had posted some stretches of thier toll freeways to 80mph, this does not match anything I have read... Can someone in the region verify that maximum is still 75 or on that some remote section might have been raised to 80???? thanks
  18. rotarykid

how to disable my auto lock?

I finally sent my Jetta to auto unlock when I pull the key out. I had had to dig the cable out to deal with my ABS light coming on due to the failure of my fuse block on top of the battery from age and battery acid so I just went ahead and fix this while I was in there. I really like this...
  19. rotarykid

Colorado's Default state highway limit law increase signed raising limit to 70mph... Colorado gov. has signed a bill raising the state's default highway speed limit from 65 to 70 mph where CDOT says it's safe to do so.....new law takes affect on July 1,....