Search results

1. bernie165

2.0L TDi Timing Belt Replacement

I have searched for hours and so now I ask..... For the few that have accumualted the miles on their CBEA/CJAA and replaced their timing belt - could you please share your experience. Special tools needed ( I know what Bently states but I am curious if you really need all the tools listed)...
  2. bernie165

F/S 17x7.5 Aluminum Wheels & Tires $600.00

For sale, new set of (4) Drag DR34 Aluminum Wheels with tires. 17x7.5, +42mm offset, flat black inner color with machined aluminum face. Has dual bolt pattern of 5-110 / 5-112mm, comes with aluminum hub centering rings, lug nuts and lug nut socket. Tires are Toyo Extensia HP 225/45R17V. Ready to...
  3. bernie165

17x7.5 Drag Wheels

For sale, brand new set of (4) Drag DR34 Aluminum Wheels with tires. 17x7.5, +42mm offset, flat black inner color with machined aluminum face. Has dual bolt pattern of 5-110 / 5-112mm, comes with aluminum hub centering rings, lug nuts and lug nut socket. Tires are Toyo Extensia HP 225/45R17V...
  4. bernie165

Magnetic Drain Plugs

Hello all - I have Dimple brand magnetic drain plugs for the engine oil pan and the manual transmission. I carry the M14x1.5 for the oil drain - this will fit all TDI's. And for the newer 6 speed manuals - I have a magnetic drain plug for both styles depending on vintage. If you have the earlier...
  5. bernie165

CR Oil Level

I just performed my first oil change at 4,500 miles on the odo (I know....I had to peek and I am glad I did) and came up with the following which I thought I would share - First, my car always read high (probably 1/4" past the upper full line) on the dipstick (hot or cold) from the factory...
  6. bernie165

Unknown Item Under Hood

Proud new owner and trying to get up to speed....and hoping to soon post info back! So I was poking around from underneath (belly pan removed) and noticed a stack plate cooler with a cap similar to the oil filter housing cap. Anyone know what this is? Is there a filter in there? Or is it a drain...