Search results

1. P

DSG Service Help

I think I jinxed myself yesterday when I said the DSG fluid change should be easy. Can anyone tell me what the secret is on a 2011 Golf to separate the battery tray from the air box? It appears to be held together by a rubber grommet at the left front and a long screw at the right front corner...
  2. P

VAG 401 Report

I first heard of this tool on this forum but there wasn't a lot of information out there on it and there is only one short demo video on Youtube with no narrative. Pretty skimpy but it seemed to do the job so I figured for $60 I'd take a flier. I'll cut to the chase, today I changed my fuel...
  3. P

No Dealer Vagcom?

When I finally had enough of the honk on lock I asked the dealer to disable it for me when I took it in for the latest ECM update. They gave it back to me saying their equipment could not access that feature. When I said you have to use Vagcom they told me that's aftermarket equipment and they...
  4. P

Brake Pad Life

How many miles did you get on your OEM MKVI Golf brake pads? I was beginning to wonder about mine but they're good and in checking for possible replacements heard some amazing brake life stories. What's your experience?
  5. P

Easiest DIY Oil Change Ever

I've been changing oil on my back for 50 years (really) and the prospect of laying under there removing all those Torx screws just to get to the drain plug wasn't inspiring at all so I ordered an extractor. I considered everything but finally settled on the 6L Hydro-Turf OIL01 mainly because it...
  6. P

Spongy Throttle Exposed

For quite some time I had been experiencing a steady decline in throttle responsiveness. When the car was new the throttle was crisp and the car moved out smartly at all speeds, but over time that went away and was replaced with something more akin to a ship's throttle with the captain yanking...
  7. P

Oil Extraction Method

How many of you that change your own oil drop the skid plate and take out the drain plug vs using some type of suction device? I've had two dealer oil changes so far and I'm 99% certain that on the second one the dealer's tech sucked the oil out, or as much as you could with that technique. Not...
  8. P

Time For A Battery

I dropped my car off at the dealer this morning to check out a check engine light that self extinguished itself ... twice. The checked the code left behind and turns out it was due to low battery voltage so I need a new battery. I thought, "that's fine the car is still under warranty". Not so...
  9. P

Am I Paranoid?

I had my 2 yer 20M mile service performed at the dealer this past September. The mileage was actually closer to 18000 miles. When I got back to the office I noted that the paperwork listed a part number followed by DSP unlike the delivering dealer's first service which spelled out the entire...
  10. P

Dealer Corrected Declining Performance

Ever since the DSG update was performed on my 2011 Golf TDI this past January I have been experiencing an insidious decline in overall performance. This was coupled with some general bad manners when leaving from a stop. A California stop was particularly irksome since the tranny won't shift to...
  11. P

Road Trip Report

After 13 months of ownership and putt putting around in mostly city stop and go driving with very unspectacular fuel mileage, I was really looking forward to getting my 2011 Golf on the road for some real driving. So this past Sunday morning we loaded up and set out for Sedona, AZ. 5.25 hours...
  12. P

Dealer Computer Upgrade

Recently I had my TDI into my dealer for its first annual service which included the computer flash/upgrade thing. Prior to this my car had developed that much cursed off idle hesitation which seemed to be getting more pronounced and was really starting to bug me. I did mention this to the...
  13. P

Right Side A Pillar Rattle

I have developed a rough road rattle eminating from the area of the passenger side A pillar or possibly from over the door. (Hard to pinpoint it) Something in there is clearly not secured but I'm a little concerned about having the trim butchered up getting it apart or putting it back together...
  14. P

Under Seat Storage Bin Is In

After a couple weeks of push and pull to get the right colored drawer, ECS Tuning came through with the Titanium black drawer I had originally ordered. So Saturday AM I unbolted the driver's seat, tilted it back and went to work. It's pretty simple, but honestly I was not without questions...
  15. P

Voice Activated Command List?

Is there an official list of voice commands that are recognized by the Blue Tooth phone connection. I use it to "dial number" but I'm unsure of what else it recognizes. I've thought of yelling out "Fire forward phazers" just to see what happens. Anybody know? Thanks
  16. P

2011 Golf Under Seat Storage Bin - Driver Side

My new Golf with manual driver's seat came without this handy little feature and since front cabin storage is a little sparse I was thinking of adding this. Does anybody have this or has anybody retrofitted this in their car and how big of a chore is it. Looks like the seat woud have to come out...
  17. P

What Just Happened???

I was driving to work this morning. Pulled away from the last stop sign, put my signal on for a right turn, and turned the steering wheel to make the turn inot the parking structure. As the steering wheel came back the interior lights came on. What the heck???? So I pull in and park, lights are...
  18. P

Power Service Fuel Supplement or Diesel Kleen

When I drove my 2011 Golf TDI off the dealer's lot it came with a full tank of Diesel fuel and it hauled a$$. Over the next two fill ups I noticed a bit of a decline in the torque department. Not terrible but noticeable nonetheless. Being new to the diesel ownership scene and the whole ULSD/ all...
  19. P

My 2011 Golf TDI

This is my 2011 Golf TDI I bought on September 12, 2010. It is United Grey with Titan Black interior which is the only interior choice, but it looks great together so I can't complain. It has the 6 speed DSG, 300watt Dynaudio with Bluetooth, and both the carpet mats and the rubber floor mat...