Search results

1. P

Add me to the list of Dip$hits

This color coding confusion is not just a North America issue. I found this especially troublesome in Switzerland a few years ago. Not only are the pump handle colors randomly applied but they also use unfamiliar Swiss names for the different products which makes it very treacherous to navigate...
  2. P

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

The uncertainty with the buy back or fix program for those that love their cars and would like to keep them is if you elect to fix and keep it what will you be left with?What if it's an undrivable hunk as a result of the modifications, who could you possibly sell it too? There are still a LOT...
  3. P

RE: Fuel Filter Replacement...

If that's all you need it for you don't need to spend all that money on VCDS. Get an XTool VAG401 off Amazon or E-bay at a fraction of the cost. Currently about$53.00 to $60.00. It will prime the fuel system as well as monitor DSG temp if you feel ambitious enough to do the fluid change yourself.
  4. P

Headlight issue - anyone have car side harness diagram?

Sorry I can't be of any help to you on this. I'm not at all familiar with "Ed's Lights", as in never heard of them. Looks like you're navigating uncharted territory at least as far as this forum is concerned. Sucks when you have to answer your own questions. Good luck.
  5. P

How many miles are you seeing between regenerations?

In view of the current diesel emissions uproar I'd be more than a little hesitant to go ripping out anything associated with the emissions system, especially in a place like California. At least until this current mess is sorted out.
  6. P

How many miles are you seeing between regenerations?

Somebody else mentioned that it seemed like their TDI was always doing a regen when they were shutting it off, even after a longish drive cycle. That has been my experience as well and when the outside temps are 100° I'm not inclined to let it sit there running nor am I too happy about it doing...
  7. P

How long did your battery last?

My OEM battery died after 30 months and my Duralast Gold H6 Replacement died yesterday after 30 months. Quite a coincidence but I'm not at all upset about it since I was within the 36 month free replacement window. So on the new one I have 6 months left on the 36 month free replacement plus 2...
  8. P

Why should TDI get better than EPA mileage?

42 MPG Hwy here calculated by dividing miles driven by gallons to fill it up, sometimes a bit higher depending on speed and terrain. What shows up in the MFD is NOT the actual fuel mileage although no one will ever admit that that's what they're looking at.FWIW
  9. P

If there is a Buyback..What would it take for you get out of your TDI?

Despite some of the high and mighty dire proclamations of a few here recently, this remains a wait and see issue. Things will change, but how and to what extent cannot be speculated on and to do so only serves as cud until the real solution is served up.
  10. P

Multiple Faults Displayed

How's your battery condition?
  11. P

Selling a TDI in a post #Dieselgate world

To quote an old NASCAR saying, "If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin'". VW should re-program the ECU so that if some gizmo gets shoved up the tailpipe a tailpipe sensor detects a test and reverts to no power mode to pass the test. Just a different version of what we have now. I bet they could...
  12. P

Join TDi Class Action Lawsuit

Ditto. Actually you get zero. The shyster lawyers just use you as ammo to build their case.
  13. P

Fuel filter change

I just did my FF change 2 weeks ago and my wipe down rag looked just like Jetta 97's. It would appear that the price of VCDS gives many pause, and it did for me as well. For $60 the VAG 401 scan tool does the pump priming job as well as reading trans fluid temp plus much more and is a smoking...
  14. P

So... will the TDI's pass a smog test in Ca?

Exactly as Dragon describes. The only thing to be concerned about is whether or not California will exercise its usual draconian overreach and block registration renewal unless you can show that it had been done like they did with the April ECM re-program. We'll just have to wait and see how it...
  15. P

VAG 401 Report

I presume you're talking about the engine oil service light? If you have a 2011 you can reset through the MFD.
  16. P

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Is this in any way connected with the ECU update letter we all received back in April? My notice included a piece from California stating if the update wasn't done the car would not be registered. I had it done.
  17. P

Oh No VW is in TROUBLE with the Big Brother.

It will be interesting to see where this goes.
  18. P

Screwing in rear brake piston

The thing with the Auto Zone tool rental/loan program is the tools are often beat up, missing parts and so greasy you can barely hang onto them. Not to mention that you may go in and the tool you desperately need is checked out. If you can navigate through all that more power to you. On the...
  19. P

DSG Fill Method question

Thanks for that valuable bit of information Mike. So to reiterate a question posed in a previous post, assuming a good and thorough drain, if one were to refill with 4.5 L and call it good, are there any possible negative consequences?