Search results

1. D

2002 golf injection pump

Hi guys looking for an Indy or someone to fix my injection pump and other stuff on my 2002 golf. With a new baby and overload at work I have ignored this car and would love to fix it up. Taking to a regular shop is obviously well beyond the value of the car. Any good folks in the DC VA MD area...
  2. D

leather seats in TDI mk4 golf

that would be ok too... i just wasnt sure that was possible.
  3. D

the replacement seat i got (looks the same) but has two wires instead of three at the plug and has 2 plugs instead of one. These are the yellow plugs which i think are the airbag plugs. i ll take pics tmrw night maybe someone will have a solution.
  4. D

i dont see recaro anywhere on them and nothing bolstered and no they are not two door seats. No handle to fold them forward. So these must be the regular leather seats. Would this be the same in a jetta of the same year? i am searching car-parts for a seat and jetta returns much better results...
  5. D

the simple question is: which model years (Golf and Jetta) are compatible with the airbag connectors in my 2002 Golf. Maybe i should look by the airbag part year compatibility? not sure
  6. D

Injection pump seal job - fear of

i did mine and it worked now i just need to computer adjust it - i guess VAGCOM is the term. idles a bit high at 1100 or so but other than that i can drive it...
  7. D

Hi I ve had my golf for a while 2002 5 sp with 210K. a while ago my airbag deployed after driving on a piece of metal or smth similar which then hit the underneath of my door pillar which then deployed my side air bags... i think that s what happened anyway.... i have now replaced the seat...
  8. D

injection pump head seal

my kit went in no problem. i did take it very slow and methodical did not want to rip any of the seals.
  9. D

Glow plug relay and rough idle

Hi I have a 2002 golf five speed with 215 K It has a rough idle and a flashing glow plug light. I replaced all glow plugs and purchased a new glow plug relay since in the winter the glow plug light would go out within A second after turning on ignition. The new relay arrived with a...
  10. D

reverse gone ?

anyone in the Northern VA MAryland DC area you can reccomend? timing belt is on the docket as well.
  11. D

reverse gone ?

of course its just my luck... what would be the total cost to do this with an indy - i assume about 3 grand including the trans cost?
  12. D

reverse gone ?

with no throttle it will slowly back up but with throttle it will just sit there. Forward gears work fine and i still drive it 40 miles to work (one way) every day. 120K, automatic - have had it since 60K. No fluid change ever (in my possession) its a 2005 model. what should i do from here...
  13. D

driver seat (air bag) replacement 2002 golf tdi

I had the airbag blow on me a while back from a rock/metal piece hitting the bottom edge of the car (no real damage) and seat and curtain airbags deployed. Very strange. I am replacing the parts one by one - got the curtain airbag, the seat belt and even found the front drivers seat, albeit in...
  14. D

Low boost

The weekend is here so I will check all the air connections and all vacuum hoses. Thanks for all your suggestions, I ll take some pics and report back. I did take the drive and all was well, thank the car gods. ;)
  15. D

Airbags deployed while driving wth

There is always shipping. I was in Chicago only for a night and now I m back in Northern VA. Spent the night in Sturgis MI and had a local shop remove the coded lug bolts, put regular ones in and put a new tire on as well. From there 9 hour drive and I m home. No seatbelt since it froze but at...
  16. D

So in thinking more about this coincidence of a blown tire right after the airbag deployment I can't help but lean towards the fact that I hit something and that's what caused both however I didn't see any underbody marks or any scrapes or minimal damage to the outside of the doors and I can't...
  17. D

No spare underwear on me so I just wiped the seat and kept going:cool: I got blown up by german explosives
  18. D

Low boost

Finally remembered to take a picture before driving again
  19. D

I don't have full coverage on this car so probably won't work
  20. D

What do you guys this this will end up costing me? Assuming I do all the work and have my dealer buddies service-reset the module. I m ready for a new car.