Search results

1. S

Low Oil Pressure at ROT

Ok guys, I have no idea what to think of this issue. I have recently rebuilt my entire engine and in that process I did install a new oil pump chain and tensioner. I do have a set of Mc Nally gauges, one of them is Oil PSI with digital temperature reading. That being said my issue is as follows...
  2. S

5 speed manual stuck in neutral position?

Went to pick a friend up from work, shifted out of 3rd to Neutral and coasted to a stop sign... Then nothing, couldn't move the shifter at all, checked the shift cable's and they seem fine but the selector seems to be stuck... WTH? I need help here guys... :( got pretty much all the other bugs...
  3. S

Rebuilt my motor, small drop of oil running out rear main or rear of oil pan!

Is there an additive or something easy to fix this problem or do I have to tear everything back apart to gain access to it?
  4. S

Mk4 build up finished, now have no blinkers?

Yeah I know it sounds funny... Probably a simple mistake. Anyone have any ideas? I did entire engine tranny and added lights inside the cab, running lights outside and blah blah blah.... Tons of work... Where should I start looking for The solution to this problem?
  5. S

ALH Crankshaft TDC ?'s

Ok I'm at the end of my ALH Engine overhaul. I want to know if there is any way to check and make sure the crankshaft is at TDC. The head is on but the camshaft is not torques in so there is no worry about contacting the valves. While the engine is on the engine stand, and the flywheel is not...
  6. S

02 ALH rebuild? Need a Guru!

I am working on my 02 Golf ALH and currently have the engine almost completely apart. I had initially planned on rebuilding it since it has almost 300,000 miles on the Odomoter, I have only put about 100k of that on the car myself, since the turbo shaft snapped in half. Yes I know thats a high...
  7. S

Missouri TDI club group chat

:cool: I decided that since the great people from Kansas have their own forum that those of us from MO should have one as well. Even though the Kansas'ians ;) can feel welcome to chat here! Whats new with your TDI or TDI projects everyone?
  8. S

WTB: CCV Filter set up

Since I'm in the middle of overhauling my 02' Golf 1.9 ALH I want to get some kind of filter on this damn CCV. What/where should I get a filter housing? Read some of the TDI 101 stuff but the links are a bit old. Thanks for your help ;) Preston