Search results

1. T

TDIClub "Free" engine compression check program :)

What is the current status of this program? I have a BEW I bought for cheap and am doing a lot of work on it. Glow plugs are currently out and I'd love to check compression on it!
  2. T

Chronicle of a 2003 Jetta

After being away from TDIclub for various reasons and life changes for awhile, I am feeling settled and very inspired for 2024 about my cars/projects and would like to get back into the community here by posting a bit more about my experiences with these cars instead of mostly lurking. What had...
  3. T

How often do you use cruise control?

Maybe it was just the roads/traffic around the area I grew up, or the fact I spent the first few formative years of driving in a car without cruise (92 Jetta), but there was ALWAYS some scenario that prevented me from just "setting and forgetting it" for more than a few miles at a time it...
  4. T

How often do you use cruise control?

I can count on 1 hand how many times I've used cruise in 20 years of driving. The few times I tried to use it I just remember it always being a frustrating and annoying experience for me and my driving style I guess. I always felt like I had to constantly babysit it - disengaging, resuming...
  5. T

White ALH tdi in MN $4000 "47k miles"

Yikes, just looking at that interior looks way more than 47k. Probably more like 247k I'd say haha
  6. T

TDI swap into MK2 ECOdiesel

Wow 3 years later and lots of life changes (I'm a dad now among other things), but this project is about 60% I'd say. I ended up getting a much lower mileage (~165,000 miles) MK3 from a guy in Colorado for $900 and drove it to Texas and that was the engine / transmission donor. I didn't get...
  7. T

Disappearing brake fluid

My wifes car has had this problem for the last year or so, not quite as bad as yours sounds though - super slow leak of brake fluid in the right rear caliper requring a top off every month or two. The leak is happening around the e-brake lever seal it looks like. There is no "wet spot" - you...
  8. T

98 Jetta Wrecked, Looking for Advice

Not for my wagon - that thing already has RC4 and mods - I want the chips for my 92 Jetta with 98 AHU swap I recently got driving. I have a build thread on here I started from almost 2 years ago as a dream, but lots of life changes happened and I just got around to actually doing it about 2...
  9. T

98 Jetta Wrecked, Looking for Advice

I will take them if akal65 doesn't want :)
  10. T

Replaced Cam, Not Starting. 2005.5 BRM Jetta

I see you're in Tyler - I live here too and recently replaced the cam successfully in my BRM as well. I also have VCDS/VAG-COM so we can check a bunch of things - let me know, I'd love to help.
  11. T

B3/B4 Passat LIFT KIT (1.2")

I will take them. Sent message.
  12. T

Best sounding exhaust? 1998 mk3 jetta

My opinion on this matter is I believe the real issue of "sounding good" comes down to the turbo. I believe this applies to all diesels, not just VW's. Open exhausts with VNT turbos do not sound as good compared to older, wastegate style turbos to my ears.
  13. T

Just bought a BEW Golf Help with log!

Not sure if OP will be back, but for future reference you can purchase new KP39 actuators on eBay. They've probably been available for years on there I imagine. Early last year I bought this one for $71 and installed it on my wife's car - it has been working great so far. It is Chinese...
  14. T

was there ever an 11mm 1Z/AHU injection Pump?

Steve, You can tell the plunger size on Bosch pumps from the 6th digit in the Bosch part number on the pump. 8 = 8mm (ECOdiesel pump) 9 = 9mm (most 1.6L IDI's) 0 = 10mm 1 = 11mm 2 = 12mm The pump in that eBay ad has the number 0 460 404 969, so it is a 10mm pump (assuming no one has changed...
  15. T

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

No, my B4 cluster kept counting right over no problem. Funny story about the A3 cluster - I recently bought a '98 Jetta TDI for $500 from a clueless car person and upon initial inspection it was showing 76k miles and I was freaking out. The engine bay was clean so it looked possible. It hit...
  16. T

TDI swap into MK2 ECOdiesel

I am getting things in place to begin this swap and wanted a spot to document it - no better place than here. Here is some of what I have so far... 1992 Jetta ECOdiesel (MK2) 1998 Jetta TDI (MK3) 1996 Passat TDI (B4) Junkyard AHU (unknown condition or miles) Euro MK2 diesel cluster with tach...
  17. T

1996 Passat B4S Parts

Hey Steve! Yea lots changed since we last spoke - I enrolled at ISU in Fall 2017 to finish my Bachelors, transferred in as a junior with credits I had from a previous Associates degree. We moved into a house closer to the university and I pretty much just went to school full time and worked...
  18. T

1996 Passat B4S Parts

Yes, Diesel_Aggie was extremely generous and since he was going out of town on vacation the next day, it was apparently much easier and less stressful logistically for him to deliver me the entire car than deal with trying to scrap it in the city. Talk about right place at the right time! So now...
  19. T

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

*sigh*... got my B4V out of the shed and sprayed it off with water. This poor car - between getting rear ended in 2016, moving states twice, working from home now, and being a VW diesel hoarder I just don't know how to feel about it right now. It's been sitting in a shed for nearly a year and...
  20. T

1996 Passat B4S Parts

Sent you a message Diesel_Aggie. I'm local and would like to grab a few things off of it this weekend if you still have it.