Search results

1. K

2015 Passat TDI Dash Lights Lit Up

Well, I ordered the following front abs sensors from amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0772SB1XK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , I replaced them today. For grins and giggles i checked each of the new ones for continuity as well as the old ones. Both of the old had...
  2. K

Battery is only a year old. It turns over fine. Other than not being able to use the cruise control there is no abnormal condition to operability. I am not familiar with the location of the sensors, how difficult is access? I can buy a sensor, go around one by one until I find the one that...
  3. K

Recently we went thru a cold spell down along the gulf coast, nothing for you guys, but damn abnormal for us. Well during the cold weather the car started showing some dash lights upon start up that it had not done before. Initially they would only come on upon startup and would go away after...
  4. K

Flashing Glow Plug Light & Loss of Power...

Last update was on 9/11, so here is another update: Kept getting the runaround on when parts would arrive , always told to be in few days, then in a few days it was next week. This went on for weeks. After told that a valve was bent and all they would do is replace the head/valves, I told THEM...
  5. K

This dealer is the WORST. Since this last post I have been told multiple times that my car will be ready either tomorrow or in a few days only to STILL NOT HAVE THE CAR. Each time its something different. The excuse now is they sent the wrong parts and the correct one is back ordered. Aug 13...
  6. K

Okay, here goes an update... Dropped car off on Tuesday the 13th....got a call on Thursday 15th stating the hpfp as in previous post. Said it should take a week. The following week I didnt sweat it and allowed them to contact me. Finally on Thursday 22nd they called and said that its all...
  7. K

Ok, as mentioned previously, I brought to VW on a Friday , by Tuesday I was dropping the car off to them as it was doing this every time I accelerated. I had to really feather the pedal to get going without it going into limp mode and throwing a light/code. Always the same P0087. Got a call on...
  8. K

And what is the car doing now? What was issue?
  9. K

2015 Passat TDI sudden loss of power (engine control malfunction)

Your last post was a few months ago? How is the car now? Is it fixed? Still doing it? Was it covered under warranty?
  10. K

Ok, went to dealer on Friday. He said he was busy, but would break into the schedule if only to read any codes present. The only code read was the P0087. Even with the CEL vs the Glow Plug lite, the only code was the P0087. He said both lights could be tripped for that code. Here I thought I...
  11. K

Ok, this same scenario has happened again about 10 more times. If hook scanner to vehcile before killing the engine I get P0087 Fuel Pressure Low code. If i kill it, then try to read it, no codes are read. Each time it happens is when there is a demand for fuel, either from me pushing on the...
  12. K

Ok, didnt drive the car yesterday, but drove it today. Drove about 10 miles this morning and when i punched it to merge onto the interstate traffic the light was blinking again and loss of power. It happened right as i was merging and at the foot of a rather large bridge. Hit the bottom of...
  13. K

Car drove fine all the way home. Stopped at a friends place to read any codes. Nothing. No codes detected. Would have thought that with light blinking and loss of power it would have thrown a code, but nothing. Guess have to wait until it happens again...
  14. K

This morning while driving to work I had the glow plug light start flashing and had a loss of power. It was 75*F on this fine July morning, started the car up, seemed a little odd that it turned over a few extra times before firing this morning, but it started fine. Back out of driveway, head...
  15. K

Second DSG service

I did a service on my 05 passat trans before this one, and i used the method you describe. I got a pump up spray bottle from hardware store, cheap one. PUt about 2.5 quarts in the bottle at a time, pumped up, then the pressure forced the oil up and out into the trans. Took a few minutes given...
  16. K

Movin on Up......

Its a joke.... when you have numerous problems with a vehicle its the fuel cap. Remove cap, put a new car under it, and then replace cap. Problems solved. hahaha funny funny.... i guess maybe not so. It is a TDI. So far, depending on driving style Im getting from 38-40 mpg, with that...
  17. K

Movin on Up......

I travel over 100 miles a day, and here lately 120 a day. For years i drove that ole F250 in background, not bad for a big 8000 lb truck at 18.5 mpg. If i drove the 05 at 65 i was getting 39 mpg. If i drove it at 75-80 i was getting 35 mpg, so i drove 75-80. LOL. By driving the TDI vs the...
  18. K

05 Passat Trans Issues

Long story short, they gave me a $1000 trade in. Its at VW of Lake Charles, i dropped it off Friday 5/3 around noon.
  19. K

Movin on Up......

Hey guys, thought i would introduce myself here in this newer Passat forum. I previously had a 2005 Passat tht i purchased last yr and put about 20k on it before the trans started having issues. Given that i couldn't find a trans shop anywhere within 100 miles to work on my trans besides the...
  20. K

05 Passat Trans Issues

Hey guys, i appreciate all the information, thought i would follow up on my situation. Given that i couldn't find a trans shop anywhere within 100 miles to work on my trans besides the dealers, and given the costs associated with dealer replacements, figured it was gonna cost me between 4-5k to...