Search results

1. T

Chapin, SC GTG January 22nd, 2011 Rocketchip Tunes

I'm planning on coming just to meet all of you and kibitz and learn what I can. The only thing that will stop me is the weather,I don't do snow and extreme cold,I'm not equipped for it. I'm hoping for an "Indian summer to roll in. Looking forward to seeing all of you. Cheerz, TDI Chip
  2. T

Mud flaps

I just installed OEM mud flaps on my JSW. It took me 31/2 hours. I leaned how to use all of the supplied VW trunk tools. These mud flaps will not let anything get under them,they are mounted VERY securely. I got them through Gunther VW in Florida.They offer a 20% discount to TDI Club members...
  3. T

North Central Florida

Newt, I am in the Melbourne, Fla area. I own a 2010 JSW. Last month there was a GTG at Chris Mendola's house. He had a tuner,Tony from N.Y. there, doing tunes to the ECU's on several members cars. A great time was had by all who attended. I believe there is another one in Feb. 2011 keep your...
  4. T

Why did you buy a TDI?

I am a newbie diesel driver also a first time diesel buyer. I fell in love with my 2010 Jetta Sportwagon on the test drive. After driving it for 4 months I am even more in love with it. Despite the minor "flaws" with it, I still love it. I like to drive "green", I love the MPG's and how solid...
  5. T

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

I filled up at a Chevron station inKissimmee,Fla at 3.04/9. but most prices in my area are 3.11-3.15. Cheerz, TDI Chip
  6. T

How many 2010 TDIs without problems?

I've had my 2010 Jetta Sport Wagon, DSG Pano roof 10 spkr stereo Panzer plate for 2+ months. 2500+ miles. No troubles whatsoever. will take it in for the courtesy inspection later this month. Just cruisin' down the road, tryin' to loosen my load,(break her in.) Cheerz, TDI Chip
  7. T

One of the reason I bought the wagon...

Tabou, Nice Hobie 16. Do you sail much? I,too have a Hobie but mine is an FX one, una rigged. Looks like you have a nice lake up there. What are the wind conditions like, the photo shows flat water, low or no wind. Good for ghosting along. If you want to do some sailing come down to central...
  8. T

Got my Panzer plate....WOW!

I got my PANZER PLATE in 4 days. It's Saturday,the weather temps have dropped and I'm ready for my install. I spent 4hrs under the car and its done. Just followed the instructions,one step at a time and now its done!! I'm really sore and hurting but I'll get over it. As I said,I'm an old guy and...
  9. T

Skid Plate... But which one?

NUM, Download the Dieselgeek instructions from their website. There is a list of all of the tools needed for the install. You may have to buy a couple of new tools. My install took me about 4hrs.,but I am old and slow. Just follow the instructions step by step and it will go smoothly. It was a...
  10. T

HPFP I Caved

Are the HPFP's on the BMW's the same Bosch HPFP's as on our VW's. Inquiring minds want to know? Cheerz, TDI Chip
  11. T

Got my Panzer plate....WOW!

I ordered my Panzer Plate yesterday, it will be here on Friday. The temperatures will be dropping Friday morning. I'm getting ready for the install. Wish me luck, I'm not a great mechanic,but willing to give it a go. Cheerz, TDI Chip
  12. T

Additives

I,too am using Opti-Lube and similarly have noticed my engine is running smoother and that my fuel mileage is up a few mpg's. I'm using 4oz. per tank,between the 1/4 to 1/2oz. recommendations. I highly recommend Opti-Lube xpd.It also gives me more peace of mind knowing that I am protecting my...
  13. T

NHTSA examines '09 VW Jetta over stalling issues

jbright,Specs look good, How much do you get per gallon for your regular and your premium diesel? I would welcome you to open a station here in central Florida,prefferably in the Melbourne area. I need it NOW!!! Cheerz, TDI Chip
  14. T

NHTSA examines '09 VW Jetta over stalling issues

Maybe there is a second tree to bark up. Does anyone here know which FUEL brands properly blend and mix their diesel fuels to comply with the 460 rating? This might allieviate the HPFP issues.Could any or all of the manufactures or OWNERS of the affected vehicles "persuade" them to bring their...
  15. T

The MPG Fairy Hates Me...

Biffster, Its probably the BIODIESEL fuel. I've been running various BRANDS of pump fuels,I've got a little over 2500 miles on my JSW,aka the Silver Bullet,and so far I have worked up to 46mpg. I just read about "the break in proceedure", and have since "modified" the way I drive my car.I am...
  16. T

Central Florida TDI Meet in Ocala, FL - Oct. 16th

I had a blast. I got to meet a lot of nice people. had a GREAT lunch,prepared by Sally. Talked to a lot of guys a lot more savvy than me, learned a little more than I knew before,(almost nothing). I am definitly looking forward to the next GTG. Chris, PLEASE keep me in the loop. I appreciated...
  17. T

How do I find all of the info on my car, build date classification etc.

I got it. The car is silver and the placard is silver and hard to see. As you said, I had to get down on my knees. THANKS a lot. Build date is 06/10. From the sticker in the spare tire compartment: it is a variat 2.0 comfo type AJ539 engine codeCJA transmission code LTE Paint code LA7W. Can you...
  18. T

tuning and warranties

jswtd109, I just attended a gtg in Ocala,FL. There was a tuner there by the name of TONY.He was representing F1 tuning out of NY He was doing tuning to several cars that were attending the GTG. EVERYONE that he tuned was VERY impressed with his work, including me. He did a tune on a new 2010...
  19. T

TDI Power, there was nothing on the drivers door pillar except the tire pressure sticker. Any other suggestions? HELP me,Wanda,help,help me, Wanda--to find my info. Cheerz, TDI Chip
  20. T

Where do I look on my car to find the build date, classification{ A?} engine type and all of the info everybody else has on their cars. I just bought a 2010 Jetta sport wagon TDI. Thank you in advance for your help. Cheerz, TDI Chip