Search results

1. D

'06 TDI Jetta Sedan "Parts/Project" Car

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=7171 VIN 3VWST71K06M024875 178K+ miles, new clutch at ~175K mi, new timing belt at ~160K mi. Car is presently and has been "in the shop" (dealer presently, non-dealer initially) most of the time since July, 2019, for intermittent...
  2. D

VAG-COM for sale

$50 OBO + shipping. Sold. Sorry to all who didn't get it, and thank you for your interest. (Anyone reading this who has one for sale: $50 was too low of an asking price: start at least $100...)
  3. D

My continuing fuel supply saga

After testing the lift pump in place, i.e., in the tank, with constant, direct battery power, and not getting any fuel at the fuel filter intake, I took the pump out and "table-tested" it, again with direct battery power, and got a fountain of fuel; I don't have any way to measure the pressure...
  4. D

Which posts to supply to power in-tank fuel pump

Hi! To directly test my in-tank fuel pump, i.e., to make sure that it's not a power delivery circuit problem, I've been counseled to supply battery, i.e., 12VDC, power directly to the pump, but I'm having a helluva time trying to find out precisely which two, of the five, plate-posts to supply...
  5. D

Still having intermittent stalling and "power resistance"

Sorry for the vague terminology--I can't think of how else to describe how the car feels when I drive it, except: it kind of feels like it's having to work too hard to get the engine to run. My latest hypothesis: if the exhaust flow is partially clogged somewhere, I assume the back-pressure...
  6. D

Possible to make it so a draft of message is autosaved?

Twice now recently (and many times in the past: yes, you'd think I'd've learned my lesson by now), I've lost my draft post b/c, after switching from Quick Reply to Advanced, I accidentally hit the delete key on my keyboard, and for some reason, this clears the entire message window, and if...
  7. D

Leaky air-filter housing or clogging fuel filter

Hi, Folks! The stalling-at-low-RPM, "missing"-at-higher-RPM problem I posted about on July 4 is slowly returning. At the time, what fixed it was discovering that this hose: had come unclasped; I reattached it and the car ran fine (more or less). So naturally now that the problem is...
  8. D

Most up-to-date list of VW compliant oils?

Googling "current list of VW505.01 oils" led me to this: https://www.anciravolkswagen.com/blogs/949/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Approved-Oil-List.pdf which is dated 2015 in the link, 2013 on the doc itself: does anyone know if there's a more recent list? Thanks!
  9. D

Let's play "Name That Part!"

Found this floating around loose in my engine bay after getting my car back--unfixed for $461.50--from the "mechanic": Can someone please tell me what it is, where it belongs, and how to correctly put it on? Thanks!
  10. D

Most likely parts chain to stock...

...this: (Photo after it in my gallery shows where it is on engine.) Thanks!
  11. D

Leaking brake: new caliper, or something less?

Howdy, folks! Left rear brake is dripping: photo at http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=130755&title=brake-leak-location&cat=all (yes, I know the view isn't very good, esp. for trying to determine if the caliper is the source of the link, but it's the best I could do without raising the...
  12. D

Rear doors fail to lock

Hi, folks. Haven't posted for a while. My problem is: When I lock the doors (using either the front driver-side interior lock button or the key fob) the front doors lock and the alarm system engages, but the rear doors don't lock, so that if I forget (or the fob unlock button button doesn't...
  13. D

WANTED: '06 Jetta Rear Seat (cover), Carpet, and Interior Trim

Need rear (driver-side) seat (primarily the cover), carpet, and plastic trim components, to replace items pictured at the links. Original trim: anthracite leatherette. Thanks! PS: yes, I know about and have already posted on ROW52...
  14. D

Torque spec for the windshield wipers?

What's the torque spec for the windshield wipers?
  15. D

Way to pull windshield wipers without a "puller"?

Hi! I'm trying to get the plenum off to do some electrical work, and the windshield wipers are on really tight; due to the electrical problem, I can't just drive to the parts store to get the proper equivalent of a steering wheel puller (assuming they exist, either generically, or for these...
  16. D

Three of four headlights out

And bulbs and fuses appear to be OK. (The parts seller agreed with me that the bulbs didn't look blown, but I bought new bulbs anyway, and they didn't fix the problem; I checked all fuses (not just the ones indicated to control the headlights) and none of those appear to be blown either.) What...
  17. D

Rattling water pump (?)

With reference to: http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/medium/image107.jpeg The pointed-to part--my water pump?--was rattling last night (I think) and again this morning--I know--but then stopped after driving on the highway for a bit: is this normal for an A5 w/ 155,000 mi on it? (Yes, I know I'm...
  18. D

European/World reaction to American emissions scandal?

Hi, folks. So, I've been wondering: generally speaking, what has been the European (and other non-USA) reaction to the American VW emissions scandal? Has sentiment been expressed that "we deserve it" for caring more about reducing smog-causing than greenhouse gas emissions?
  19. D

Very mundane question

I've had my front license plate off for a long time; finally got ticketed for it, so I guess it's time to put it on...except the mounting holes in the front bumper are way too far apart! Is there a mounting frame I've forgotten about and, evidently, misplaced? How is one supposed to mount a...
  20. D

How many amps should a healthy alternator put out at idle?

Hi! My electrical problems are getting worse: now my battery discharges below ability to start the car within an hour (the battery is less than a year old). However, I'm no longer driving the long distances I had been, so if my alternator's bad, maybe its just not recharging sufficiently. So...