Search results

1. passion_7

12v in trunk for amp??

So you wouldn't un-plug the rear speakers from the amp and splice in a dual sub? I'm not looking to get a house shaking sound like back in high school, just a little more punch. Also, can I tap into my running lights in the back to power the 12v lights that are wired into the sub box?
  2. passion_7

Audi-style Lights?

I don't know...I was just after that specific tint/color. $18.50 for the set is still cheap in my opinion. I have a few of the LED strips that you mentioned and am using them for a trunk light mod like in the How-To FAQ. Was that your PDF guide arne?
  3. passion_7

Audi-style Lights?

Would these work together with one of the euroswitches you can put into the mk4 for fog lights? I don't need the fancy grills-mounted lights, or the big time kits, just something simple and effective. http://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LED_Audi_Style_Strip_5B&CartID=1
  4. passion_7

2013 Jetta

I agree that it is nothing new as a whole, but in NA it isn't being tapped into like it should be as opposed to the full electric junkers they are bringing out. Definitely interested in looking up some more info on that Passat. Thanks for pointing that out
  5. passion_7

2013 Jetta

If they were really getting their minds straight....they would do a CNG hybrid. The power would be probably 45-50 horsepower less to achieve the same mileage, but here in OK natural gas is going for $.78/gallon. With a lot of the new CNG technology, you can put a special switching/sending unit...
  6. passion_7

rotella t 5/40 not so hot anymore?

I've actually heard the exact opposite. Everyone BUT Rotella has pulled that out of their mix. Since Rotella is diesel-focused, they figure the cat problem isn't something they need to worry about yet.
  7. passion_7

Oklahoma people!

Checking in for the first time...owned my 03 GL for almost a year now. I'm up in Bartlesville, but have visited Ray a number of times and been none too pleased :D
  8. passion_7

Fresh PP720s barely edging a full stock buddy Jetta?

what is the N75 condition? And to completely clarify - a stock Jetta should be able to bounce off of 115 with ease? So what should I be looking at with these nozzles? Like 130? And that Malone stage 3 would warrant having to upgrade my clutch, correct?
  9. passion_7

I would think those would need to be checked, but I have never heard of the stock top speed being much more than that anyway...and 90hp car simply can't go very fast. I will put these on the check list though.
  10. passion_7

Kerma did all the pop testing a flow checking, and keep in mind that I got the whole shebang from them, not just the injectors, but the bodies as well. I don't understand why Ray cannot install them properly? Kerma takes care of all the setup, gets them pressurized and shooting straight, and...
  11. passion_7

haha....wow. Yes, they are the pp764s. Don't know how I messed that up. And yes, I paid for them all to be pop and flow checked, and all the numbers looked right where they needed to be on the vag-com when Ray plugged it in to look at it. I have the top of the line BBS 18 wheels, and he has...
  12. passion_7

I ordered them fresh from KermaTDI and had one of our own, the trusted diesel mechanic Ray_G install them. I don't have a problem understanding the power it takes to pull around him, but both of my buddies in the other car said they got up to 115 when I hit the brakes, which was the speed when I...
  13. passion_7

EDIT - I said the wrong number/nozzle in the title, Bosio PowerPlus 764 nozzles So I have owned my 03 5-speed for almost a year now, and I was happy enough with how it ran, but I wanted that single boost of power and perhaps fuel economy that I could add to it. So, I decided to go with some...
  14. passion_7

What clutch to get...

I'd go stage 2 or stage 3. 3+ and higher are just getting a tad ridiculous unless you plan on adding 200 extra horsepower...http://shopping.boraparts.com/index.php?cPath=21_26_33_51
  15. passion_7

New Tires

I don't think this was addressing me, because I haven't posted any mpg stats on this forum at all, but I do know I have the same size tire (+/- .2mph @ 60mph) as the stock ones, just a tad wider and obviously a bigger wheel size than the stock 15" so I wouldn't have to do any of the extra number...
  16. passion_7

New Tires

first off, I got the tires in the other day and pictures will be in soon. Ioba - for me, getting my Jetta the look of a sophisticated, and elegant european car (reminiscent to high class audi, bmw, etc) was most compatible with getting the 18s. If they were non-OEM wheels, I probably would go...
  17. passion_7

New Tires

Ordered 4 of the Pirelli tires this morning from tread depot for under $600. They aren't immediately in stock, but they should be coming in a few weeks...and I'm so impatient right now!
  18. passion_7

rocketeer928 - My 2003 VW Jetta TDI

Good information here for sure. If I was wanting to get nozzles that were beefy now (shooting to take the VE up to around 150-180hp), so I wouldn't have to get more again down the road to keep up with other tunings and maybe a new turbo, would these PowerPlus ones still be what you two would...
  19. passion_7

rocketeer928 - My 2003 VW Jetta TDI

So would it seem a more worthwhile change to put some Xenon blue type bulbs in my OEM headlights, or go ahead and get these R8 styled ones? And on a side note...I'm looking to start beefing up the stock components, so - what size nozzles would you recommend as a first step for my 5-speed?
  20. passion_7

performance setup

So what about the RocketChips stage upgrades? I've been strongly considering a RC2+ or 3+, or even a switchable dual tune from Jeff...