Search results

1. S

Stumbling mystery solved. MAF!

I'm on my 4th MAF with only 48,000 Km and just over a year old. The last time I took the car back in for MAF replacement, the tech told me that he rewired the whole thing, replacing all the wires. He checked the wires and found the ground wire was burnt out due to corrosion and intermitency...
  2. S

2003 MAF failure?

[ QUOTE ] tango_28 said: I was wondering if 2003 have experince MAF failure yet? I notice some 2002 MAF are starting to fail already. [/ QUOTE ] Mine already crapped out at 18,000 km.... got it replaced at the stealer under warranty. They also told me that the 2003 MAF were not the ones...
  3. S

speedtuning chip/kerma nozzle combo

what about warranty...what if you did the euro mod and then have to take it to the stealer where they have to do a ecu check or something? would they detect that the ecu has been converted?
  4. S

VERY poor acceleration

didnt need to buy anything, still under warranty until 80,000 km.
  5. S

VERY poor acceleration

I took it in to the stealer today and they replaced the MAF. Just told them there was no power and their diagnostic caused a replaced MAF. Power's back to normal now.... BTW, I already did the EGR adaptation when I first got the car and I checked the valve for sticking.
  6. S

VERY poor acceleration

Well I just logged on 17,000 KM on mine and according to my Vag-Com my MAF is toast. I just cleaned the snow screen tapped off the air filter, which looked fine anyway, and put it back together and got fault codes from Vag-Com. with the MAF disconnected: 1 Faults Found: 16486 - Mass Air Flow...
  7. S

Dealers and Chips

It's Cedarbrae Volkswagen.... You should check their showroom! A lot of modded cars. Very nice lookers I agree the price is waaay out there though..... Well it's good to know there are dealers that support a little hp gains
  8. S

Dealers and Chips

I was recently at a Stealership and they had a chip for the TDi and others for sale. They also carry other performance parts!!!! Mind you the chip for the TDi was $900 installed, they also said it can be carried from one TDi to the other. It also comes with a on/off switch. Anybody if heard of...
  9. S

I'm told I need a new Turbo

I\'m told I need a new Turbo I say go for the new turbo if it's being replaced under warranty...then if the problem persists, at least you still have a new turbo How elese will you get a new turbo....buy one
  10. S

Cheapmod

UH?
  11. S

dipstick accuracy?

Do you really need to be THAT accurate with the amout of oil you put in the car???? is going over by a 1/2 qt or 1/2L going to make that much difference? You mean to tell me the manufacturer did not take overfilling into account when building these engines but were careful enough to allow for 20...
  12. S

WHAT IS UP WITH VW WINDSHEILDS????????????

My first week....Crack, wasn't that big a rock either!!!! My second week, dropped in a pothole, lost my hubcap and dented the rim, 3rd week, window trim problem and got soaked in a carwash (warranty issue).
  13. S

agressive driving and drive by wire

I agree with GoFaster... I can do the heel and Toe no problem. The system is fine. The only problem I have with the DBW system is that the trottle response is a little slower than a wired one. I went shopping for a VR6 in 2000 and did not buy it because of that. Well the TDi was bought for a...
  14. S

Powerservice Diesel Kleen in Toronto

$15.60 for a bottle as opposed to $23.94....why the big dif in price, especially from a distributor who's selling by the case???!!!!!
  15. S

Powerservice Diesel Kleen in Toronto

How much does a 96 oz bottle treat?
  16. S

european ECU upgrade chip?

....and where would we get the euro ECU to buy and how much?
  17. S

STUPID BRUSH GUARD under car!!!!

Is this one you've described in your link the metal one from the dealer?
  18. S

Diesel Kleen & Lubrication?

will this be any good for TDi's that take a little longer to break in?
  19. S

Bentley CD install

Asses, When you buy the book you can do whatever you will though....right????!!!!
  20. S

Bentley CD install

Does anybody know if I can install the Bently CD on 2 different computers? I tried but could not register the second one. I had it on my desktop computer and now got a laptop with Vag-Com but cannot install it there. It would be a lot easier to work with the Vag-Com and Bentley at the same time...