Search results

1. TurboABA

DPF stats discussion

Here's mine with some details that might help others compare\evaluate their results. 2014 CNRB, fixed, stock everything - using Stanadyne PERFORMANCE FORMULA® ALL SEASON at every fill. Everyone's rates will vary due to many factors that influence operation, but people can formulate an...
  2. TurboABA

2014 T3 eats its brakes! Or does it?

Well, I've been warned! Below is what I'm greeted with as I turn on the ignition, start the car, and drive off. Background story. Got this puppy back in 2018 with 100366 km on it and fresh brakes. Been using it mostly as my weekend and tow vehicle for most of that time, but for the last 3...
  3. TurboABA

Let's talk Compounds on the 3L using the CP4.2

Flame suit on. (I know the CP4 is junk, and everyone hates them) Yes, I want to know what kind of power the CP4.2 can support.... Yes, I want to talk about the compound option, because I have zero interest in a dyno queen or peak number.... I want area under the curve if anything. Talk to me!
  4. TurboABA

Buying back a "written off" vehicle from insurance....... anyone know how this can be done?

I just had my '10 Jetta destroyed yesterday morning.... it will be written off for sure, but it's full of good parts and I've had it since new, so I'd like to potentially re-acquire it to at least pull the motor and other stuff out of it for a potential swap into a small pickup\jeep for wheeling...
  5. TurboABA

2010 CJAA, DPF, CP4 - Expectations, maintenance, reliability VS real world!

For everyone stressing about all the design elements of these vehicles, I'd like to give you my opinion on it. With decent maintenance and care, it will most likely be something else that kills your baby.... just like this MOFO Cobalt got me yesterday! Got the Jetta new, planned on driving it...
  6. TurboABA

Resource Upload Section - additional options required

I just uploaded my first PDF resource to help someone and noticed that the required engine & model sections are very limited. In my instance, I was uploading a Touareg document, and I had to select a 2L CR engine as a "workaround". Could we possibly edit the options to add some more selections...
  7. TurboABA

VW History - If you care and\or have time to kill

https://www.volkswagenag.com/presence/medien/HN7e_www2.pdf
  8. TurboABA

I LOLd

Spotted this today! Respect!
  9. TurboABA

Classic sticky RCV symptoms - Intermittent, slow to kick in A/C on hot days

On my 2010 with 180k miles on the clock, I'm starting to experience "delayed" A/C performance on some hotter days...... Eventually, the systems starts performing well, and although I haven't actually monitored\logged any measuring blocks and\or vent temps, I'm fairly confident at this point that...
  10. TurboABA

2014 TDI CNRB - overheating "allegedly"

My '14 started running hot according to the cluster temp gauge on a 1.5 hr drive in hot ambient temps (90f), on cruise at 60mph. The guage read a consistent 220-230 for most of the trip. I tried running the cabin heat on full, turning the A/C off, slowing down, etc. Even sitting at a traffic...
  11. TurboABA

Don't buy\own fixed 2010 Jetta TDI..... pure lemon!

Today, I had to replace my original driver's side rear blinker.... what a heap..... I bet if VW hadn't done the emission fix on it, it would've lasted another 10 years!
  12. TurboABA

2010 Jetta - 01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64): Electrical Fault in Circuit

Here we go again.... damn gremlins! So as some of you may already know, I recently addressed a wheel speed sensor issue and managed to clear all the ABS faults. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/2010-jetta-driver-side-wheel-speed-sensor-issues.512487/ I have since been driving DTC...
  13. TurboABA

2010 Jetta - Driver Side wheel speed sensor issues

On my 2010 Jetta TDI manual transmission, I'm battling a wheel speed sensor on the front driver's corner. I've already replaced the sensor and I've read\logged it's output. It does not read constantly.... it reads the speed but drops to zero multiple times a second. I know my wheel bearing is...
  14. TurboABA

FS: 2005-2010 Mk5 Complete Brake Rotors/Pads kit - Kitchener/Guelph, ON - $250

SOLD........ thanks for looking. Details 288MM FRONT ROTOR DIAMETER 260MM REAR ROTOR DIAMETER Front and Rear Ceramic pads as per attached link. Fitment Volkswagen Jetta 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2009 Volkswagen Jetta 2008 Volkswagen Jetta 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2005 Visual...
  15. TurboABA

2010 mk5 TDI - SGII 3.17 xGauge help

I've got a ScanGauge running on firmware 3.17 I've been successful in programming the xGauge to read water temp and pre-turbo EGT. I've been messing around trying to get some additional readings, but am unable to do so. Please let me know if you have any ideas or if you have been successful in...
  16. TurboABA

ScanGaugeII mount

So after toying with various ideas of where to install my gauge for the last 2 years or so that I've been misplacing it all over different vehicles or letting friends borrow it, I finally decided to make my first prototype today: I'm not really feeling the "mirror polished" finish, so I'm...
  17. TurboABA

Looking for MK5 Jetta windshield reccomendations

My windshield needs replacing.... I don't have any experience with this.... out of all the cars I've owned in my life, I've never had one replaced. Does anyone have any first hand experience with a certain shop or "chain"? I hate the idea of having a non-OEM windshield installed as I have...
  18. TurboABA

2010 Jetta - DPF Excessive Soot Acumulation

Hello all. I'm posting this in order to hopefully get some useful input, and at the same time to help potentially save others from having to deal with this BS that I'm dealing with currently..... LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES! History: I am the original owner of this car, and it's been great to me...
  19. TurboABA

SCANGAUGE question

Is anyone using one of these on the 2010s? Also, is there a good place to order from (Canadian) or does everyone just get them shipped out of the States? Any input is appreciated.
  20. TurboABA

FS: Brand New, Never Used - MKI Red/Clear Tails

Just thought I'd throw this on here too (even though bunnies are rare these days) http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-other-parts-accessories-Vw-MkI-GTI-Rabbit-Cabrio-Tail-Lights-Red-Clear-W0QQAdIdZ243739684 Thanks.