Search results

1. ABS

HVAC Hot to Cold Air Gate - No Cold Air

Hello all, I ran a search on this because I swore I saw something out here about 6 months ago regarding the HVAC system not switching between heat and cold. I have an 2014 TDI SE, so it has manual controls. Now that the weather has started to warm (the impending spring snowmageddon forecast...
  2. ABS

Attempting to calc DEF Consumption with SGII

Here's the definition for DEF level sensors as defined by SAE: "REAG_LVL shall indicate nominal reagent tank liquid fill capacity as a percent of maximum. For systems that have discreet level sensing, e.g. Full (100%, Low (20%) and Empty (0%), REAG_LVL shall indicate the actual level at each...
  3. ABS

Any One used Helicoil or Timesert for Spark Plug hole Repair?

I normally hang out over on the NMS Passat TDI side of the board, but recently blew a plug on my Brides Honda Odyssey. I am just curious if anyone has used a Helicoil or Timesert for a spark plug hole repair. Evidently the plug worked itself loose and stripped the head. A friend suggested an...
  4. ABS

EPA accuses VW of violating Emissions Standards..

I'll be curious to see if any more info becomes available... http://www.marketwatch.com/story/epa-volkswagen-cheated-on-emissions-standards-2015-09-18
  5. ABS

Help - Mirror to Base Mounting

Hey all, This may be a silly question, but I do not want to damage anything. Can you help instruct me on how to get my mirror seated into the base properly. Took some windshield damage, so I had it replaced. The installer failed to seat the mirror all the way and cracked the vanity surround...
  6. ABS

Soot Load

Hey all, I have read a bunch about monitoring options with the Scan Gauge II, but haven't run across an answer to this one... Can I add a gauge to measure DPF soot load? If so, what parameters are you using? Thanks!
  7. ABS

Oh Joy

So although its been cold as heck lately, to this point the snow has primarily fallen on weekends. Woke up to a few inches of fresh stuff this morning. I love the first commute on snow packed roads. ;) Cheers, Aaron
  8. ABS

Calibration...

Although this is a minor annoyance, I thought I'd post. Notice the picture and please excuse the poor quality. The display is indicating 68mph, yet my speedometer is indicating about 72. Is there a method of calibration with the VCDS cable to bring these two inline? In addition to the MFI...
  9. ABS

1 year/37K – Report on 2014 Passat SE TDI

So, I am almost to the one year mark on my 2014 Passat. I made the purchase October 28, 2013. Mileage as of 06:47 am today - 37,006. Yeah maybe I should have waited three more weeks, but I thought I’d post my year one review while I am thinking about it. For reference, I drive about 86...
  10. ABS

Letter from VW regarding Biodiesel Blends...

Received this in the mail yesterday... Although we speculated VW would extend coverage due to the new blending requirements in MN, here's our confirmation...
  11. ABS

Interior noise muting

Hey all, I have received several comments from folks about the background noise when I am on the phone while driving (using the cars hands free Bluetooth connection). I pair the car with my iPhone 5s. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar feedback and/ or any suggestions for filtering or...
  12. ABS

P3Cars Digital Vent Gauge - Anyone Using?

Hey all, been thinking about adding back in a Scan Gauge on my 2014 (had one in my 03). Anyway, received a "promo" email from ECS Tuning this morning highlighting the new P3Cars Digital Vent Gauge. See it here: http://www.p3cars.com/ I like the fact that is can be ordered pre-installed in a...
  13. ABS

3 Months 10,000 Miles

Since buying my Passat in October I've logged 10,173 miles and had the 10K service performed yesterday. Although there is not much to talk about this early in the game, here are a few details from the service: Ad-Blue fill took 2.7 gallons. Oil Filter is a royal PITA (Which has been mentioned...
  14. ABS

Has anyone installed a Clutch Stop

So for my fellow three pedal equipped NMS owners, have any of you installed a clutch stop? I installed one several years ago on my E46, and enjoy having a consistent and repeatable amount of throw in the pedal. After driving a hair over 6k miles, the Passat seems like it would be a good...
  15. ABS

Is it just me, or...?

So, not even close to breaking the new Passat in, but at 3,800 miles I am a little perplexed. Doing an unofficial experiment on using cruise control and not using cruise control... After two tanks of fuel, I am noticing a considerable difference in fuel economy. My commute takes me 85 miles...
  16. ABS

Car-Net.., do I bother with activating?

Hi all, Just picked up a 2014 Passat SE TDI. After reading several threads and the information booklet on the Car-Net system, I am wondering if it is even worth activating. I am not seeing the benefit, aside from it being "free" for the first 6 months. I already have AAA because my other...
  17. ABS

Passat vs Sportwagen

Hi All, I havn't been out here in a while (7 years). I sold my last TDI in 2006. I moved onto a BMW E46 (Love it, keeping it as a "date night" car) anyway, job change, plus the fact that its time for another car has me down to the Passat and Sportwagen. I average about 900 miles a week...
  18. ABS

Short dives

Short drives Hey all, I am wondering what the effect of using a TDI for very short hops would be. I'd be curious to know, as I am relocating back to the northcountry, and will be living lakeside within a few blocks of my office (my dream has been realized). My wife and I are thinking of getting...
  19. ABS

Recurring MIL Code - Cyl #3 Glow Plug Heater & another question.

Hey all, This code is occuring about evey 3500 miles lately. I replaced the Plug in Cyl #3 in February after checking it with a multimeter and finding it to be bad. I checked all four plugs again last night and they all read identically. So, am I to assume I have a bad harness? My...
  20. ABS

Airbag Indicator Lamp Came On - Help

My airbag light came on the other day. It corresponded to two things. The first was the fact that I carried a passenger in the front passenger seat for the first time in months, and the second was it occured shortly after 75K. Does VW use the airbag indicator lamp as a 75,000 mile service...