Search results

1. Purple Tom

x 2 sets of B4 TDi MFA Clocks (suit B4 Passat, Corrado, T4 etc)

Thanks for the info, didn't know they were available to be converted! Based on that, I am open to reasonable offers to get these shifted :-) Thanks Tom Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Purple Tom

Just to add - I am open to reasonable offers on these as I'd rather they went to someone who's going to use them than leave sat gathering dust in my garage. Thanks Tom Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Purple Tom

Hi, When doing my Corrado TDi in 2011 I became aware of just how rare the B4 TDi MFA clocks are - you guys in the USA didn't get them and I *think* it may have just been the UK cars. If the European cars had them then they'd be in KM/H rather than MPH. So anyway, on my travels I have...
  4. Purple Tom

FS - B4 Passat TDi genuine MFA clocks

Hi, After converting my Corrado to TDi in 2011 I became aware of just how rare the genuine MFA TDi clocks are. Only the GL TDi models in the UK got them, and they're hard to get hold of as VW didn't sell many of them in the first place. I'm not sure about the European cars but I imagine...
  5. Purple Tom

Issues with Teves 20 upgrade on Corrado

Problem solved - someone had cut the loom in the past and soldered the K-line wires back together the wrong way round.
  6. Purple Tom

Issues with Teves 20 upgrade on Corrado

Hi, I wonder if any of the knowledgable people on this forum would be able to help me with an issue I'm experiencing concerning a Teves 20 ABS upgrade that I'm in the process of carrying out on my Corrado VR6. To cut a long story short I carried out a TDi conversion on another Corrado...
  7. Purple Tom

PRA4WX's corrado

Yeah, the way I was going to do it (before discovering the useful built-in feature) was the way G60ING has just described. It's a piece of cake to do and you could of course utilise all of the original wiring easily. I would also have fitted an inertia switch into the system too, just to...
  8. Purple Tom

Project Tatty

Just to add a bit of an update to this thread, I've been driving the car for a month now and its been getting better all the time! Since its been on the road I've done a couple of jobs. Firstly I've changed the starter motor as the original one was very tired, making a horrible noise once it...
  9. Purple Tom

PRA4WX's corrado

I left the stock pump in place and fitted a 'H' fitting into the fuel lines, linking the feed and return pipes together with a tapered joint just after the tank. This provides plenty of pressure to the IP and any excess is fed through the tapered 'H' fitting back to the return line and...
  10. Purple Tom

Easy way to convert gas to diesel filler neck?

If its a plastic fuel restrictor (which it was on my Corrado and IIRC is the same on the B4) then it should just come out with a bit of persuasion with some long-nosed pliers. That's what I used, took about 15 minutes of gentle persuasion...couple of pics: HTH!
  11. Purple Tom

PRA4WX's corrado

You did, the link to the thread is in my signature. I found the wiring to be pretty easy to be honest. The most complicated part for me was the upgrade to the Teves 20 style ABS unit (can't see if your donor has that, but it's a worthy upgrade if you can be bothered) and the immobiliser. I've...
  12. Purple Tom

PRA4WX's corrado

Good plan :) I've done the same and its great! Good luck with it, its pretty straightforward.
  13. Purple Tom

Project Tatty

Once all of that was done and the car was running it was simply a case of a quick test drive to make sure everything was ok, which it mostly was! It needed the tracking doing because I’d disturbed the geometry when sorting the front suspension etc, and I used Vagcom to turn off the annoying...
  14. Purple Tom

Project Tatty

After rebuilding the front struts Mark come round to help again so we fitted the driveshafts and front struts etc. Got the O/S/F discs and pads on without a problem and then when I came to fit the N/S/F disc it just wouldn’t go on – major problem! Turns out that the ‘spare’ carrier which the...
  15. Purple Tom

Project Tatty

After rebuilding the front struts Mark come round to help again so we fitted the driveshafts and front struts etc. Got the O/S/F discs and pads on without a problem and then when I came to fit the N/S/F disc it just wouldn’t go on – major problem! Turns out that the ‘spare’ carrier which the...
  16. Purple Tom

Project Tatty

I then nipped over to my Dad’s industrial unit and he helped me press a new wheel bearing into the spare N/S bearing carrier that the previous owner supplied with the car. The spare carrier is what he said he’d removed from the car when he was having trouble with the nut coming undone. Got the...
  17. Purple Tom

Project Tatty

After lots of work, including removing the front suspension, driveshafts, exhaust, selector cables etc etc, we got the gearbox off: Obviously the car was fitted with a dual mass flywheel which was beginning to show signs of failing – a noticeable off beat judder at idle. The clutch was...
  18. Purple Tom

Project Tatty

While Steve was cracking on with the front end, I decided to change the rear springs, discs and pads and have a look at the rear shocks. Luckily there wasn’t too much bodgery at the back, just some very poorly bumpstops: I purchased some more of those and then fitted everything. I think...
  19. Purple Tom

Project Tatty

Sorry that I’ve been a little while updating this thread, its been a very hectic few weeks. The outcome is that the Golf is done, but there’s lots of pictures and bodgery so I think I’ll carry on where I left off ☺ You saw the state of the carpet, well the only real way to sort it (short of...
  20. Purple Tom

Project Tatty

Sorry that I’ve been a little while updating this thread, its been a very hectic few weeks. The outcome is that the Golf is done, but there’s lots of pictures and bodgery so I think I’ll carry on where I left off ☺ You saw the state of the carpet, well the only real way to sort it (short of...