Search results

1. A

Integrated Engineering Rods

Sure, now you find them.......after I just picked up my PD150 from the freight terminal. :D Trying to convince someone else to rebuild my old block with your rods, though. I don't think he'll bite.
  2. A

GTG: Milwaukee, WI @ West Allis Auto Club, *Rocketchip attending* - Sept 29, 2018

I plan on attending. Put me down for an update/upgrade to my existing tune please!
  3. A

What power mods ar available for the 5.0L V10 TDI

Or.....how much power will the transmission hold?? Or anything else behind the motor, for that matter.
  4. A

Is there an idiot proof egt gauge?

How about the back-side of your hand?? :D
  5. A

Is there an idiot proof egt gauge?

How about a block of wood under the go pedal? Actually, with the right tuning, you shouldn't really exceed your EGTs that easily. If you're running some REALLY BIG power, you might have some serious safety issues to worry about too.
  6. A

Why Don't I Have A Slipping Clutch?

Give it time, it will slip, especially as it gets colder out. If you're putting the clutch in yourself and you don't have a warm garage to work in, you want to do it NOW. As it gets colder, it will slip more and more. Mine was the exact same way.
  7. A

Boost issues after RC3, nozzles, gauge, and dawes!!!

A smelly situation?? I've never smelled anything funny. It just drips a little oil, unless you filter it before running the hose down to the belly-pan. The RC tunes certainly get you up to speed in a hurry. Upgrade your suspension, wheels, and tires, and the car feels very stable at high...
  8. A

I was advised to vent the CCV to atmosphere. Apparently at high RPMs that are sustained for a long time, the CCV has more positive pressure entering the turbo inlet than it was designed for. I think that might be one of the reasons I was told to avoid driving at 137 MPH for sustained periods...
  9. A

I run RC3 (Not RC3+). I hit about 19 PSI, and then immediately level off to around 17.5-18PSI. If I'm at WOT and in a higher gear, I can get it to start creeping into the PSI range until I let off the pedal. It at one point was referred to as "boost creep" on this forum. Jeff told me that...
  10. A

That's correct. The boost valve will work fine, but it could cause your boost gauge to read inaccurately when the valve opens, which makes tuning the boost valve even more difficult.
  11. A

Need help from diesel truck/crd owners!

http://www.thedieselstop.com http://www.thedieselgarage.com http://www.ford-trucks.com These would be all Ford sites. You might find that some sites permit more things to be discussed, while others restrict what can be discussed. Common-rail is pretty neat. You can get some really good...
  12. A

PP764's

Yeah, I don't think you'll ever see a VW make one of those clouds. I've heard of some small clouds when they've been on a dyno. Also, the engines don't really move that much air, as they're only 1.9L. I've got RC3 on my car with B203s. I can make a puff of smoke everytime I hit the pedal -...
  13. A

GTG at Dieselgrandads, Fond du Lac, WI?

Or, alternatively, put a whole bunch of Cowboy stickers and window decals all over your car so you can show that you're a REAL Wisconsin Cowboy. That's worse than all the ricer stickers, if you ask me. Actually, I find window-tint MANDATORY on all of my cars. It's just a lot easier to sit...
  14. A

And don't forget, to make that car even more efficient, you need the sport suspension, racing wheels, window tint, bigger turbo, huge nozzles, HIDs, and a stonger clutch too. :D How many PSI do we figure that HUGE turbo on that Detroit would be good for??? :D
  15. A

You do mean NEEDS, right?? I believe yesterday's quote of the day was: "Need is such a funny little word" (FixUntilBroke) I had a great time yesterday. It was good to see everyone again, and meet new faces. I didn't have any work or upgrades to do this time, although that Garrett...
  16. A

Summer GTG for Milw/Chicago TDIers

Mmmmmmm.....homebrew. That makes it worth coming right there.
  17. A

Summer GTG for Milw/Chicago TDIers

I'll come if I'm not busy. A non-wrenching GTG would be fun. Considering the food at normal GTGs is outstanding, I'd imagine it'd be even better if we put all our efforts into the food!
  18. A

Will anyone have the bit for changing the tranny fluid on an A4 manual? I've wanted to do this for a while now, but I can't find the necessary giant allen-wrench socket anywhere.
  19. A

Does the house have air? = Does it have compressed air available?