Search results

1. J

2006 Jetta TDI

Anyone in the know care to share info on TDI availability in the new Jetta V? I'm just wondering if VW plans t offer the new Jetta with a TDI option. If so, when should we expect to see it in the US, and will a manual transmission be offered? Thanks.
  2. J

Strike shuts down VW's Puebla, Mexico plant

Strike shuts down VW\'s Puebla, Mexico plant http://money.cnn.com/2004/08/18/news/international/volkswagen.reut/index.htm Strike shuts down VW Beetle plant Thousands of Mexican workers walk out on the only Volkswagen plant to make the new Beetle. August 18, 2004: 5:09 PM EDT PUEBLA...
  3. J

2006 (A5) Jetta--not available with manual tranny

Over on Vortex, there is a VW sales consultant in Texas who can see the A5 Jetta on his order system. This is what he sees available: A5 JETTA 2.5L SEDAN BASE STD A5 JETTA TDI SEDAN AUTOMATIC A5 JETTA 2.5L SEDAN AUTOMATIC A5 JETTA 2.5L SEDAN PZEV AUTOMATIC A5 JETTA GLI 2.0L TURBO SEDAN I hope...
  4. J

Changes for '05

Changes for \'05 Anyone have the scoop on what changes we can expect on the '05 TDI Jetta/Golf/NB?
  5. J

Sedan or wagon?

I'll be placing my order for an '05 Passat TDI within the next week or so. I need some advice on wether I should order a sedan or wagon. I don't necessarily need a wagon, but I think the resale on a wagon will be higher than a sedan. I just don't know if a TDI wagon will always command that...
  6. J

Speechless......

Ripped from vwvortex..here is a quicktime clip of the V10 Touareg going full throttle from a stop. http://www.fw.hu/ave/videok/VWTouaregV10TDI.mpg
  7. J

non-PD Mk4 with Automatic tranny and Upsolute?

I am contemplating a move over to the dark side. I mean buying a TDI with an automatic rather than a manual. I have yet to drive an auto TDI, so I have no basis for comparison in this matter. What I'd like to know is if chipping an '03 TDi with auto will produce the feeling of similar power...
  8. J

Why is "Accidental death" thread is locked....?

Why is \"Accidental death\" thread is locked....? I think I know why, but I will not make a gross assumtion like a certain member in the "Accidental death" thread. I have been noticing more and more frequently in the Forum that members are jumping to conclusions, and making assumptions that...
  9. J

Should I wait?

I want an '04 PD TDI, but I have been spooked a little by a lot of the problems my fellow TDIClub members have been having. My '03 has been rock solid with no problems and 44,000 miles. I unfortunately had a momentary lapse of sanity, and traded her in. I cannot live without a TDI! I know...
  10. J

Short review '04 Jetta TDI: Car & Driver Mar 2004

Short review \'04 Jetta TDI: Car & Driver Mar 2004 http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=16&article_id=7817&page_number=1 Text: Volkswagen TDI The only diesel engine you can buy right now. BY FRANK MARKUS PHOTOGRAPHY BY AARON KILEY March 2004 As we go to press in early...
  11. J

Diesel's Last Stand: Car & Driver March 2004

Diesel\'s Last Stand: Car & Driver March 2004 Great Article in the Mar issue of Car & Driver. http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=7816&page_number=1 Text: TECH STUFF: DIESEL’S LAST STAND? Diesels now offer superior performance, fuel economy, and longevity...
  12. J

Diesel Smiles on Us

Yesterday I recieved my January 12 copy of AutoWeek magazine. On page 11, Denise McCluggage has written a superb peice on biodiesel. I can't remember reading such a concise, accurate, or well written article on biodiesel. It is rare to find articles on biodiesel that are not peppered with...
  13. J

There people are crazy!!

I just got off the phone with Classic VW in Orlando, FL, and I was told the PD will not be sold in the USA until '06! ***?? Who are these people pretending to be salesmen? I was speechless. I said "thank you" and hung up. Has VW released any official communication to their dealers about the...
  14. J

Tired of defending your diesel?

This article has some great ways to illustrate the superiority of a diesel. The Q&A in this article has some great comebacks to those tough questions or comments our anti-diesel friends like to fling at us: http://www.fauk-customerservices.co.uk/newstool/ShowNewsStory.asp?NewsUniqueID=246
  15. J

Diesel is cheaper than gas!!

For the first time since I've owned my TDI (7 months now), Gas is more expensive than diesel at most stations! Wu-hoo! I paid $1.49/gal for the D, when everyone at the gas island was paying $1.52 for reg unleaded. Since I have owned my car less for than a year, I'm wondering if there are...
  16. J

NB TDI vs Golf 4 TDI

Hi all, I own a 2003 Golf GLS TDI with no engine mods, and I love the level of performance I get from my car. I recently drove a used 2001 NB TDI, and the experience was WAY different than my Golf. While driving the NB, much more engine noise made its way into the passenger compartment, the...
  17. J

FS: '03 Jetta Golf alloy wheels SOLD

FS: \'03 Jetta Golf alloy wheels SOLD Set of 4 used 15" alloy wheels that came off an '03 Jetta GLS. 2 wheels are perfect. 2 have scrapes/scratches. The tires are Michelin Energy MX4, and have about 80% tread left. Tires alone are almost $400 new. $550 shipped to US or Canada. Here is the...
  18. J

FS: 1989 VW Jetta diesel - **SOLD********

For Sale: 1989 Jetta non-turbo diesel. 1.6L 4 cyl 5 speed with 173,700 miles when the ODO stopped working. New in the last 2 years: F & R Wheel bearings F & R Brakes (rotors, pads, shoes, drums) Glow Plugs Heater Core Muffler Parking brake cables Left tie rod end Oil pump rear shocks The...
  19. J

1989 Jetta diesel *DELETED*

Post deleted by jchag75
  20. J

Possesed Radio tuner

I have an '03 Golf with the factory non-Monsoon stero. I live in SE Massachusetts, and I can regulary tune into FM stations brodcasting from Manchester NH and Hartford CT among other far away places (I was listening to a Syracuse NY FM station last night). I am quite impressed with the tuner's...