Search results

1. R

Trading up?

BTW, is yours a wagon or hatch? The wagons have another cause of sunroof leaks that doesn't seem to be as widely known as the hatch's tray cracks and projecting weld issues.
  2. R

Trading up?

Regarding the click/snap and, possibly, the clunk, you might look at the LCA rear bushings. Because you replaced these, its unlikely that this is the problem (and definitely not the problem if you have TT bushings), however the click/snap is the exact description of a dry and hardened LCA rear...
  3. R

CRUA Turbo upgrade

I see that you are (or were) using an 8-bolt 5-cyl. DMF with the SRE PP. Does that have better shudder resistance with increased torque than the SRE (or stock) DMF?
  4. R

2015 Sportwagon TDI - Sunroof leaked, now electronics are going wonky. How screwed am I?

While there is a special VAG tool for this purpose, this works just as well.
  5. R

Tell me more about the stock CCV puck

I think it's named correctly as an oil separator, not a pressure regulator. It's perfect for an open CCV system with its easily accessible filter element, but not appropriate for a stock closed CCV system unless you accept the risk of a runaway caused by a (unlikely) blocked/restricted air intake.
  6. R

Tell me more about the stock CCV puck

Just aftermarket or OE dealer units too?
  7. R

Rear Wiper Washer

Timeless wisdom from "The Gumball Rally"...
  8. R

Need advice for 2015 tdi golf wagon

Mine did NOT have oil temp coded, but DID have DTE coded. Go figure.
  9. R

Coolant loss and overheating, what's the solution?

Interesting data point; 1st leaking head gasket report I've seen.
  10. R

Need advice for 2015 tdi golf wagon

You have to add the option to your MFD settings menu in the MFD (NOT instrument cluster display) via VCDS if it hasn't already been added. To check if oil temp has been added to the menu: in MFD, car/setup/multifunction display/oil temperature (make sure it's checked). In VCDS: Instruments-17...
  11. R

Burning smell from heat

Melted DPF pressure sensors?
  12. R

Guess what? P02149 code has reappeared once again....

And show them specifically where it is likely chaffing per the video.
  13. R

Fuel filter interval for '15 GSW??

Perhaps the online system doesn't distinguish between gas and TDI models and I don't believe there is a specified factory interval for the gas models and so maybe the dealer is specifying what they think it should be: 60K. 20K for TDIs is, of course, factory-specified.
  14. R

CRUA Thermostat and Thermostat housing change

Yes, 3 pumps: main, IC and heater/EGR cooler. From the EA288 training manual... I don't believe that's a record number, though. Isn't there a VAG model with 4 pumps?
  15. R

Failed Inspection "readiness fail"

Some in this forum (like me) also own a Mk4 or 5 and I didn't want someone to take your comment literally and find out the hard way that their two readiness fails won't cut the mustard (the cheese, yes, but not the mustard :oops:). When it comes to public forums I think it always pays to be as...
  16. R

For 2007+ only. 1998-2006 allow no readiness fails.
  17. R

Actually, you want the OBD-ll module readiness. There is an engine module readiness also, but it doesn't correlate well to OBD-ll readiness, which is what the state inspection uses.