Search results

1. E

2005 Jetta Coupe.....

I doubt it would make much sense to design a coupe for one body year only to change to a new design the next year, in fact i would call it downright stupid.
  2. E

Fuel filter leakage problem

Problem was the Valve, the plastic cap came "Unglued" from lower plastic nipple allowing the fuel to leak out a few tablespoons a day. I replaced the valve on top of the fuel filter and its now fixed.
  3. E

Simple Green

Castrol super clean is extremely powerful, my wife was using it to clean the bathroom years ago, she left it out on the counter and went to the other bathroom to take a shower, my young 3 year old son woke up from nap, found the cleaner and thought it was spray bottle with water, decided to fix...
  4. E

TDI smokes an Acura

Yeah i saw that too, i can certainly understand their views on a stock TDI, but i cant believe that they dont think a properly modified TDI can be fast enough to take many other stock cars.
  5. E

As i posted above, i replaced the hose clamps with no luck, i have ordered the new T Piece, hopefully that will fix it up, i'm not sure if this is normal or not but the t piece comes apart very easily from the section that actually goes into the fuel filter with the o rings on it, i think that's...
  6. E

I raised the filter and put on some vaseline as well, no change, guess i'll have to special order that $17 T piece on the top of the fuel filter
  7. E

Y2K Jetta TDI Problems

The worst thing about the car has been its appearance, it must have a huge target on it that says, "hey i look nice, please bang with ur car door and bumpers", My wife's Jetta has about 6 dings on the passenger side and 1 or 2 on the driver side from careless jerks smacking it with car doors...
  8. E

TDIer test drives Civic Hybrid (61.6mpg)

a 2 seater vehicle is extremely undesireable for the vast majority of people, just because you drive alone maybe 50% of the time does not mean you dont need more space the other %50 of the time, unless ur a loser with no friends or family of course. Very few people can afford to have a commute...
  9. E

TDIer test drives Civic Hybrid (61.6mpg)

So u actually own an insight huh? butt ugly car aint it? lol, imho anyways
  10. E

Goodbye PRELUDE

My wife's stock 2k TDI Jetta tops out just under 120mph, that is running for at least a mile at that speed, it wouldnt go any faster at all, and yep it's dangerous, but at least it was on a deserted highway in the middle of nowhere.
  11. E

Y2K Jetta TDI Problems

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? I have 55K miles. YES YES and more YES 1. Air bag warning light comes every 15K miles or so for no apparent reason (cost $40 to reset happened 3 times) Mine happened under warranty a couple of times, dealer replaced the connector in the steering...
  12. E

Hello folks, long time no see, i havnt posted here in about a year or so. I need a little advice. I have a 2000 TDI Jetta, i changed the fuel filter and everything went fine, except--- now im leaking fuel from the top of the fuel filter, about 3 or 4 teaspoons per 50 miles. I bought new hose...
  13. E

M

Mine is a 2000 Jetta totally stock, it started doing the 10 yard shudder at about 20,000 I would guess, It now has almost 30,000 miles on it. It did it before and after I bought new tires. It happens when car is in or out of gear regardless of clutch position, my thought is that is has something...
  14. E

2001 TDI fest dates!!!

I'm assuming that the voting booth keeps track of you by your IP, so anyone could have just IPReleased and renewed and voted as many times as they wanted. I personally won't be going because of the late date, but oh well, maybe some other time. Eric
  15. E

Tire problems?

Here's the only way to fix it!! BUY ANOTHER BRAND OF NEW TIRES!!! The inside of all four of mine went bad, the inside tread all the way around was raised and lowered so only about half of the inside row of tread was trouching the road, it was really odd. I said screw it, I don't want them to...
  16. E

Golf cup holders

My rear cupholder got stuck in as well, replaced by dealer.
  17. E

rearview mirror

Make him take you for a ride in another diesel and see if it does it.
  18. E

Windshield Wipers Suck!

I couldn't agree more with the original post. I thought something was wrong with our wipers with the way they banged on the downstroke, but as you mentioned the dealer said it's normal, and the wipers certainly do throw half the water back on the passenger side of the windshield making it just...
  19. E

Let's talk about that 2 year WARRANTY !

Re: Let\'s talk about that 2 year WARRANTY ! If you want the piece of mind then go for it. I bought one from Allstate that starts the day you buy it and is good for another 75,000 miles. My Jetta is now covered up until 99,000 miles for just about everything. And no matter what people say-I...
  20. E

Let's talk about that 2 year WARRANTY !

Re: Let\'s talk about that 2 year WARRANTY ! If you want the piece of mind then go for it. I bought one from Allstate that starts the day you buy it and is good for another 75,000 miles. My Jetta is now covered up until 99,000 miles for just about everything. And no matter what people say-I...