Search results

1. Ironforger

FS Parting out 99 Beetle Tdi ALH. Many TDi parts ** SOLD OUT**

****************ALL OF THE PARTS IN THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN SOLD. ******************* Yea, all gone. EVERY single last TDi part I had is SOLD. (The only things I've kept are all of the special timing belt tools etc. Just in case friends need help with a timing belt job or in the unlikely event...
  2. Ironforger

Power steering High Pressure line banjo bolt sizes?

Hello, Getting ready to do a total ALH rebuild on my 99 beetle tdi. I just pulled out the engine and trans assembly. It was easier than expected, was just a matter of removing the entire front end first (bumper, fenders, radiator, etc). I was able to do this without opening/removing or...
  3. Ironforger

How to externally identify 11mm Inj pump

Ok, I found a good deal on a decent used Injection pump. Unfortunately the guy does not know if it's 10mm or 11mm. (yes I asked him if it was from an auto or 5sp. Dunno!) Does anyone know how to externally identify if 10mm or 11mm? Thanks!
  4. Ironforger

VNT-17 rebuild or parts optons

Hey folks, I just picked up a used ALH with about 110,000 miles on it. it came with a newer Garrett VNT-17 which itself has about 20,000 miles on it. Regardless, although the VNT-17 looks obviously newer, it has some shaft play. Figured I'd replace the entire turbo cartridge assembly and...
  5. Ironforger

Was running fine, then one day wont start

99 Beetle Alh 5 sp. 350k. Was running fine. Parked it, came out next day to start it, cranks/turns over but does not fire. Timing belt appears fine. Seems to me like it's not fueling at all. No smoke at all. Sure glad this happened in my driveway. But what to do next? simple first steps...
  6. Ironforger

Any advice for 99 beetle / early mkIV short shift kit?

Ok, so I've searched but Can't seem anyone who makes a short shift kit for the 99 beetle or early MKIV's. Any advice? My shifter is no damn good. Worn out! Thanks!
  7. Ironforger

New steel bottom oil pan. Will it work on the New Beetle?

Ok, I was about to buy the steel bottom oil pan, http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1746 But then I read "This pan is considered a retrofit upgrade as it may interfere with and require moving the power steering line and fitment is not guaranteed" Has anyone installed...
  8. Ironforger

Strange high pitched turbo noise and power loss

99 Beetle alh. 285,000 miles. Turbo was replaced in 2006 when the car had 101,000 miles. So, my current turbo has 184,000 miles. Just yesterday, suddenly noticed a power loss when attempting to get on it. Seems like it's not boosting and at the same time (when attempting to accelerate) the...
  9. Ironforger

New style steel bottom ALH oil pan. Has anyone tried this?

Ok, so I bashed my oil pan off roading again. Luckily it was just cracked. Dripping oil yea, but I managed to stop it up with an emergency JB-quick weld epoxy. (don't leave home without it!) OK one of these days im going to spring for the panzer plate. But in the meantime, has anyone tried...
  10. Ironforger

Wandering while driving on highway.

99 beetle 230k. All suspension components original except control arm bushings. (Installed the audi TT bushings earlier this year) Problem: Wanders while driving on highway. Not tremendously, just enough to irritate and i need constantly compensate. This has been gradually getting worse...
  11. Ironforger

where is the "sticker" in the jetta wagon? Supposed to be under spare but cant find?

where is the "sticker" in the jetta wagon? Supposed to be under spare but cant find? 02 jetta wagon I need to get the particular trans code from the "sticker" Usually it's supposed to be under the spare tire? Did they put it somewhere else in the jetta wagon? I can't find it! thanks
  12. Ironforger

New Beetle Fog Lamps - anyone know of any upgrades or mods?

Ok, so every time I get a new front fog lamp assy, I'm lucky if it lasts more than a year. Breaking, water infiltration, burned out bulbs, etc. So, I'm getting ready to buy new fog lamp assembly's again, but before I do, just wondering if anyone has attempted any mods or upgrades? Or...
  13. Ironforger

Dammit! Broke that plastic vacum bulb thing near the oil filter. What is it for?

99 Beetle mkIV. Messing around under the hood and I accidentally broke the hose nipple for this damn thing. What the hell is it for anyway? Vacum resevoir perhaps? Has anyone eliminated this? I just plugged up the vacum line, car seems to fun fine. Turbo boost response is all good. Thanks!
  14. Ironforger

Installing G60 clutch. Anyone in or around NJ have the clutch tools?

About to install a g60 clutch kit. Long overdue! RC chip tuning and pp520's has expectedly decimated my stock Luk clutch. Does anyone in or near NJ have clutch tools that I could borrow? Speciffically, (as shown here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=64235 ) the following tools...
  15. Ironforger

Installing G60 clutch. Anyone in or near NJ have the clutch tools?

About to install a g60 clutch kit. Long overdue! RC chip tuning and pp520's has expectedly decimated my stock Luk clutch. Does anyone in or near NJ have clutch tools that I could borrow? Speciffically, (as shown here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=64235 ) the following tools...
  16. Ironforger

WTB MK IV AC clutch or blown or used AC compressor with good clutch.

Looks like I'm not the only victim of this. AC clutch nut came loose and wiped out the splines on the AC clutch. My compressor is still good. If anyone has an old compressor laying around with a decent clutch, I'd like to hear from you. DAMMIT to hell since there is no good reason why a new...
  17. Ironforger

WTB MkIV AC Compressor clutch or trashed ac compressor (with good clutch)

Heard a funny noise when I turned on the ac, Well, the nut that holds the AC compressor clutch came loose, and it stripped the splines on my compressor clutch. AC input shaft looks good though. Anyone have a used MKIV ac compressor clutch? Or a trashed MKIV compressor with a good clutch? Thanks!
  18. Ironforger

Timing moved & noisy IP

I Noticed my IP was getting noisy, so I checked the timing, and it was too far retarded. I adjusted the IP sprocket, and got the timing back to dead on, but the IP is still noisy as hell. It just sounds way to loud to me, like a loud tapping racket. Also, the idle seems to flutter a little...
  19. Ironforger

timing moved again! Has this happend to anyone?

6 months and 11,000 miles ago, my IP was very noisy and the car was hard to start when cold, so I checked the timing and it was WAY advanced. I adjusted the timing, and it fixed the issue. (For those of you who have adjusted the timing, you know how sensitive even the slightest movment of the...
  20. Ironforger

Unable to shift into 5th gear

99 NB TDI Today I noticed that it was difficult to shift into 5th. I was able to, and it drove fine, but as the day went on, it became more and more difficult to find 5th, now I cannot find 5th gear at all. It wont go in. Details: - Original transmission, with 125,000 miles. - No grind sounds...