Search results

1. X

LEDs bulbs for MKIV Jetta

This is a another way to deal with that pesky pin #7. Works on flasher units as seen in post 52, and ic board configs seen in post 65. The unit that is part of the hazard switch in the center of the dash. Likely easy to re-solder if you want to go back to regular bulbs. Flashing is a little...
  2. X

What did you do to your car today?

Dipped my car :P well.. on the weekend technically. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BybK3VR6LP3daXVpbURuVWFQNzg https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BybK3VR6LP3dLUZsaEo5LUxta00 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BybK3VR6LP3dZEVOSnlUeVlaYm8...
  3. X

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Installed Eibach 8575.680 - PRO-SYSTEM-PLUS Eibach 5.81340K - PRO-ALIGNMENT Kit kit comes with springs damper, front and rear anti roll bars. The alignment kit allows camber/caster changes. Everything went together nicely too. It lowered the car about an inch all around. was a bit...
  4. X

Ontario TDi owners listing

01) Jetta_Pilot / Toronto / None yet / Y 02) PharoahTDI / Alliston / General / Y 03) kayakkermit / Woodstock / General / Y 04) Kasper / Belleville / general / Y / bentley 05) decan / Toronto / none yet / N / N 06) BlueKnight / Waterloo / General / Y / bentley 07) Vik F / Bolton (GTA) / many / N...
  5. X

04 bew intermittent engine shutter when engine is warm

yes i have this problem with mine too. slight shutter at idle when warm. i was thinking dirty nozzles but it hasnt gotten bad enough for me to care yet. I have the digi-pd fuel amp from dieselpower which enhances this shuttering to make it noticeable when im cruising at highway speeds. With...
  6. X

Clogged EGR in only 5 months???

is the engine getting up to temp? lots of short hauls? The wetness im sure is a result of the rich fuel condition. 7500 miles on synthetic oil (if thats what you are running) is barely broke in yet. Might see an improvement with more miles. Clean and get your tune when you can then see...
  7. X

Time Belt Missing Teeth! 2005 TDI BEW

been a while but just a follow up on my original issue. put in a new tb kit from the local vender that advertises here and a near 3am i cant recall the name, but the parts are all from germany including the belt. Ive got 5000kms on since the tb replacement and the car is running strong. Cam...
  8. X

Eibach Suspension systems - 2005 MK4 TDI

greets all anybody out there installed one of eibachs suspension kits? specifically Eibach 8575.68? Tried to find possible threads dealing with this if there is one. just wondering how it performed. Eibach's web site lists two versions of MK4 jetta for the 2005 year but dont specify TDI. Is...
  9. X

Anti Theft Fuse Battery Drain?

Must be the time of year because ive run into a battery drain issue as well. I drive a truck for a living so my car can sit for a week or more at times. SO i understand if the battery gets a lil lazy over time.. Was dead when i headed home on friday. but its 2 hours to my house and mostly...
  10. X

Yes I know, but after numerous rotations (by hand) its lining up in the same place. each time. Might not be exactly four inches of missing teeth. Hard to tell with everything mostly assembled. I guess there must be at least a belt tooth catching the crank pulley on the leading and trailing...
  11. X

i got some pics ill upload later or in the morning. I put the crank to #1 TDC and went by the Bentley manual as for where the cam should be lined up in this position. Incredibly the cam is only behind about 2 teeth. I am trying to wrap my brain around why it is only off this little amount...
  12. X

I need tires!

I have these on my 05 tdi two seasons now and they are great. Wet and dry performance is well worth the money. Not sure about snow performance because i am a strong believer in dedicated directional snow tires for the winter. -X
  13. X

Got the valve cover off this morning,and had a look at the valve lifter tops. Tricky to see things, after a few rotations I found no spider cracking. The cam and lifters look to be in incredibly good shape actually. This spider cracking in the lifters.. is that something that will show up...
  14. X

105k kms.. that's only like 64k miles.. 5 years would have been up this august Its funny cause two weeks ago i decided i was going to do the belt again when i had some more time off. I drive a truck so i'm rarely home these days The kit i used was from diesel geek per recommendation from here...
  15. X

Yeah I'm not optimistic here. Semi hard acceleration from the lights today and the car felt like it went into limp mode.. No engine lights or anything, and i decided it would be best to pull over and give things a good look. Just as i was pulling over the engine died, but nothing sounded bad...
  16. X

Feels like a new car!

Ok im looking at the VR6 spring swap in my 2005 MK4 Tdi. I want some more ride height in the front and it looks as if i have to put in the wagon springs to keep the car on the level? Does anybody thats done this swap have a pic of the car from the side showing the profile? Can i just order...
  17. X

how are jettas in the snow?

I live in Northern Ontario and my round trip to work is just over 100kms. I am in a snow belt region here and i can tell you i have been in some severe storms with a 2005 Tdi, and directional tread snows all the way around. (i find directional tread snows give better control when you hit that...
  18. X

2005 BEW Vibrating Serpentine Tensioner

ok good then i just need to replace the pulley. Saw a reference to the metalnerd tool already too. Ty for all the help. -X
  19. X

ok so let me make sure i did this right cause i dont think i read it right the first time i went out and checked it today lol belt off.. screwdriver inserted into the rear blades of the alternator.. then try and turn the pulley ccw? If thats correct then its locked up tight as can be, and my...
  20. X

Yeah checked all the rotational parts in both directions. Well except the main drive off the Crank. hehe. All the accessories are nice and smooth, and spin true with no wobbles etc. -X