Search results

1. J

Missing my diesels.

So I bought a $750 1998 Golf 4dr with a 2.slow. I love the car but miss my diesel. I am tired of dealing with IDI issues (glow plugs in top shape, lack of power, lack of aftermarket support) but I don't want an electric TDI. So I am planning on building a M-TDI. I have a Cummins 6bt pump core...
  2. J

The Cummins 4bt VE and the TDI VE, fuel pressures

As I have read on here, the TDI VE is an electronic version of the Cummins 4bt VE. In fact, on older engines, the only difference I have seem to have found is the shaft size (IIRC, the VW VE is 15mm, the Cummins is 20mm). So for sake of argument, lets say they are mostly the same. The reason for...
  3. J

Moes Auction, Kansas City MO

(Mods, if this is the wrong section, please move it. I couldn't find a general topic section) My brother bought a 00 Jetta from a guy in KC. He said this guy performs all required maintenance before selling the cars. Had a ton of TDI's. My question here is, does anyone know him/know of him...
  4. J

WTB Jetta with a Auto

I am looking for a Jetta TDI with an auto.:o Wife refuses to drive stick and we would like to get an economical car. My brother has one (stick, 2000) and my wife loves it save for the manual. Looking to spend $5k. Located near Chicago. Willing to drive. Also, when I sell the truck, I will be...
  5. J

Hello! New and looking!

So I am looking for a TDI vehicle. To help with what I know.... I own a 1993 Dodge D250 Cummins auto... :D It has some mods but nothing too major yet. I have a 1993 Crown Vic that is old and high miles (200,000 + miles....) and looking for a replacement for my wife. Was there a golf TDI...