1. J

CTN transmission + TDI engine + PARTS

Ugh! Good luck my friend!
  2. J

Parting out 1998 Jetta TDI

How much for the engine complete?
  3. J

CTN transmission + TDI engine + PARTS

If long block falls through, let me know!
  4. J

Missing my diesels.

So I bought a $750 1998 Golf 4dr with a 2.slow. I love the car but miss my diesel. I am tired of dealing with IDI issues (glow plugs in top shape, lack of power, lack of aftermarket support) but I don't want an electric TDI. So I am planning on building a M-TDI. I have a Cummins 6bt pump core...
  5. J

Project: dz.day.c.rad..

Was the previous owner at the Scooters Meet in WI?
  6. J

500 hp tdi

There is someone in S. Il I believe that has a TDI where "1st is useless and 2nd is just like it" according to Diesel Power magazine
  7. J

Tuning

Yo bro! I know its hard to do, but keep that foot outta it! :D
  8. J

A turbo with larger compressor wheel, but lower allowed boost pressures... worth it?

You seem to be able to read well. Go to http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/tech_center/tech_center.html It helped me in sizing turbos for my Cummins. A turbo guru who helped answer many of my questions said BSFC was around .36-.52 depending on how much fueling was there.
  9. J

4BT pump mods

Things to do to the 4BT that worked on 6BT VE's. Tap the fuel inlet for -8AN or 1/2" line Make the high throttle stop screw MIA for full throttle travel 3.2MM cam plate Custom make a 6 blade vane pump KSB timing advance spacer to add more dynamic timing Run 15psi inlet pressure on stock front...
  10. J

VW TDI high performance and stock economy

K$N is the WORST filter for ANY turbo/supercharged engine. Look and read these 2 links. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest3.htm http://www.billswebspace.com/AirFilterTest.htm If you want to trash your turbo sooner, get the K$N. No matter their advertising in major diesel...
  11. J

Never seen a 5-600hp Cummins get 26mpg but 18-22 I have seen. The guys claiming 26 are Canadian or reporting what the lie-o-meter tells them.
  12. J

Diesel run lean, no matter the injector. Your primary MPG mod is the removal of the weighted right foot. Replace with a lighter model and you should be good .;)
  13. J

FS 2000 Jetta GLS TDI 5sp. $2200obo

Manual or auto?
  14. J

1996 Passat TDI sedan, $5600 in WI

Auto or manual?
  15. J

Cold weather low-compression starts, ideas?

Sorry whitbread, I thought you meant for him to use one of those without the glowplugs. My mistake. ;)
  16. J

Cold weather low-compression starts, ideas?

:confused: That is used to aid in cold starts, not replace the glow plugs. All 7.3L had glow plugs... And as for the Cummins intake heater, most have had not to remove it until 500+hp. Until that point, it is not a restriction. It can start a 5.9L in -20* in 2 revolution of the starter. I plan...
  17. J

The Cummins 4bt VE and the TDI VE, fuel pressures

I am talking about fuel pressures at the inlet, post filter. All I see is "Don't run more than 2-6psi". I am asking WHY no more than that?
  18. J

The Cummins 4bt VE and the TDI VE, fuel pressures

As I have read on here, the TDI VE is an electronic version of the Cummins 4bt VE. In fact, on older engines, the only difference I have seem to have found is the shaft size (IIRC, the VW VE is 15mm, the Cummins is 20mm). So for sake of argument, lets say they are mostly the same. The reason for...
  19. J

*** MK2 Rally Build with ALH TDI ***

How does one get started in rally racing?