Search results

1. D

FS: 2004 Passat (Ohio), 250k, $1500 OBO, manual swap candidate

I bought this car new and hoped I could go further with it. The transmission went into limp mode for the last 15 miles before I made it home. At that point I realized that it was quickly leaking fluid. It may be the just be the torque converter seals or something more, I have the error codes. I...
  2. D

passat manual transmission swap...or not?

I have a 04 passat tdi with 250k miles that I bought new. It's now our "second" car that hauls my dogs and 13' Scamp around. The transmission failed suddenly and I am 99.7% sure is toast with 4 error codes and dribbling oil, unknown to me, for 30 miles before I made it home. It has a geared...
  3. D

HELP! sudden loss of power on roadtrip

My 04 TDI wagon suddenly lost power during the last 500 miles of a 8k roadtrip. The car has 107k miles. The timing belt and the geared balance module were replaced about 9k miles ago. When the event happened there was some sudden noise, and intermitent hissing noise (turbo related?) when under...
  4. D

Balance shaft and cam

I have a 04 Passat wagon TDI that I bought new and now has 100k on it. I was going to start doing my own service on it starting with replacing a leaky AC condensor. I ordered that part but then began learning more about the vehicle problems by joining this site. I then learned of the BS module...