2. 04 passat

04 passat

3. 04 passat

04 passat

4. 04 passat

04 passat

5. D

FS: 2004 Passat (Ohio), 250k, $1500 OBO, manual swap candidate

I bought this car new and hoped I could go further with it. The transmission went into limp mode for the last 15 miles before I made it home. At that point I realized that it was quickly leaking fluid. It may be the just be the torque converter seals or something more, I have the error codes. I...
  6. D

passat manual transmission swap...or not?

I have decided to move on from the Passat. It's been a really tough decision. I was sure I was going to do the conversion. After watching an old episode of Kung Fu where a lesson was to be wise enough to know when let go of something before that thing possesses you. The Passat immediately came...
  7. D

Bbob203, why did you decide to get a used auto vs proceeding with the manual swap? If I thought I could find a used auto that had life left in it I would go that way. I just don't know how to evaluate one and most are without any warranty. I think my wife may not like the car as a manual at this...
  8. D

Thanks all for your replies. I count 5 yeas and 1 thoughtful maybe. The full cost will probably be closer to $2500+, I forgot about the $300 reflash. bbob203, I've replaced the cam twice, once at 100 and 200k when I did the timing belt replacements. A few of the lobes had most of the chamfer...
  9. D

I have a 04 passat tdi with 250k miles that I bought new. It's now our "second" car that hauls my dogs and 13' Scamp around. The transmission failed suddenly and I am 99.7% sure is toast with 4 error codes and dribbling oil, unknown to me, for 30 miles before I made it home. It has a geared...
  10. D

HELP! sudden loss of power on roadtrip

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience. I had the impression that that hose would have to be ordered so it might be days before I'd be driving it again. Just after speaking with you I discovered that the tube had ruptured instead of just a bad connection (probably still would require a...
  11. D

Thanks all Thanks for the input during my road emergency. I spoke with oilhammer after determining that the "s" hose from the turbo was loose. Actually, after speaking with him I found a hole had blown in it so it could open up to about the size of a half dollar once under pressure. He said...
  12. D

Thanks all Thanks for the input during my road emergency. I spoke with oilhammer after determining that the "s" hose from the turbo was loose. Actually, after speaking with him I found a hole had blown in it so it could open up to about the size of a half dollar once under pressure. He said...
  13. D

Just found out the dealer that I was going to take it to in the morning is in Macon GA, not Macon MO where I am now. I removed the top and bottom engine covers but have not found the source of the leak. If I place it in drive and hold the brake I can rev it enough to hear the hissing but am too...
  14. D

I forgot to add that during this roadtrip there was another time about 5k miles ago where power was also reduced to similar levels. No black smoke or other noises though. We pulled over and turned it off for about 10 minutes, restarted and once on the road, everything was back to normal. I...
  15. D

My 04 TDI wagon suddenly lost power during the last 500 miles of a 8k roadtrip. The car has 107k miles. The timing belt and the geared balance module were replaced about 9k miles ago. When the event happened there was some sudden noise, and intermitent hissing noise (turbo related?) when under...
  16. D

Balance shaft and cam

Thanks for everyone's input. I am not sure of exactly what kind of oil was used. I trusted the shop that I had taken my cars to for years.........not anymore. Ignorance was bliss. I wish I had known all the things I've found out on this site years ago. I am planning on doing the BSM and timing...
  17. D

Balance shaft and cam

I have a 04 Passat wagon TDI that I bought new and now has 100k on it. I was going to start doing my own service on it starting with replacing a leaky AC condensor. I ordered that part but then began learning more about the vehicle problems by joining this site. I then learned of the BS module...
  18. D

BS changed, timing belt, alternator...now what?

vibration and CVs This is my first post on tdi club. I have a 2004 passat tdi wagon with 99k miles. Bought the car new and planned on keeping it for a long time. Generally love the car. A recent change in finances has required that I do as much maintenance as I can myself. I began reading...
  19. dkiikka

dkiikka