Search results

1. U

Intermittent bucking jerking while driving

Hi Guys, I still have this issue! It was sort of resolved after I was at a loss and asked Darkside to have a look at it who assured me it was the air control valve. It was replaced with a new genuine part and the problem did dissappear, but not for very long. After a few months the bucking...
  2. U

Oil leak

Most likely the back of the valve cover, the rubber gasket can give way, or it could be the breather hose going into the turbo intake pipe from the valve cover which may be leaking - neither are a a major issue, just annoying.
  3. U

Frank thanks for the interesting insight. What is really bugging me is that the issue will completely dissapear when i disconnect the air control valve. I've had it disconnected for a week now and the car drives faultlessly, allbeit with the CEL light on and glow light flashing. This goes away...
  4. U

Anyone else? Today I started the car and on idle it was really jerky and suddenly cut out, did it a cuple of times and the only way to get around that or actually drive the car was to disconnect the air control valve. Can anyone shed some light on what this could be? Thanks
  5. U

Thanks Eddie, I don't think it is the lift pump...if it was then it doesn't explain why the problem goes away after unplugging the air control valve.
  6. U

Its definitely not a boost leak, I disconnected the outlet from turbo, capped other end at intake and used my mityvac to test it and it was good. No black smoke and no fault codes come up (apart from when I take the connector off the valve). Apart from the occasional bucking (as if it is...
  7. U

Hi Guys, I've been searching for weeks and tried a few things to sort this issue out but not really getting anywhere. I recently purchased a 2011 A3 2.0tdi 170 CBBB Black Edition. I test drove it on two separate occasions and all was fine, car had good and honest history. A few weeks later I...
  8. U

Breaking fully functioning mk4 Ibiza Cupra Tdi

Parts left: Gearbox Suspension Clocks inlet manifold I have a bunch of pd150 pistons in good condition too
  9. U

I don't have the ratios to hand but it is awesome! I think Ryan from darkside has it up on his gearbox conversion thread? I could supply you with the conversion, so gearbox, clutch FW, driveshafts and mounts.
  10. U

prices added and updated sold items
  11. U

It is a complete GUC box, IIRC the casing has a different code stamped on it. My GUC casing was destroyed due to a faulty clutch pressure plate, so I swapped everything into a like for like box casing. All gears etc were perfect. I recently had it services snd changed bearings etc. You looking...
  12. U

FS: Breaking fully functioning mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDI pd160 GTB turbo etc Hi Folks, I am sadly breaking my Mk4 Ibiza Cupra Tdi (now 2.0l) as I don’t use it much and would rather someone else benefit from all the MODs. The car has been very well looked after and most of the work completed by...
  13. U

Ticking Sound

do a quick timing check if you have vag com
  14. U

Timing Guru's please help

I had the exact same issue and I was like ***?!?! On the back of this thread I created another, and solved this issue. If you go through this you can rectify the issue. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=399202&page=4 Basically crank pulley is needing replaced. Cheers
  15. U

inner timing cover broken where the tensioner tab sits... questions

I recently replaced mine as I had the same issue. Few tips for replacing it...you will need to remove the tensioner and roller studs in the head and block, if you use the right stud extractor you'll get them back in no problem. A small part of the cover at the bottom sits in raised faces of the...
  16. U

Cannot rotate crank after TB change

Will do.
  17. U

04 golf bew tandem pump mismatch?

and yes there is a metallic gasket for that pump, make sure you use it, and don't get the wrong one :)