Search results

1. aydn

Trusted TDI Mechanics/Shops in the Vancouver (GVRD) Area

Hey there, tried your cell and gave you a PM a few days back - still available? Looking for help on the mother in law's 06 TDI in yvr :) -132K dsg fluid, fuel filter and oil change
  2. aydn

FS: TDI ALH parts - PD150+del Intake, 2256 turbo, 11mm pump, new PP764 injectors etc

Gauges sold, and price drop on the nozzles and other items.
  3. aydn

FS: TDI ALH parts - PD150+del Intake, 2256 turbo, 11mm pump, new PP764 injectors etc

Hello, performance parts for sale mostly for the ALH 99.5-2003 TDIs. Most things I brought back from Europe hand picked and very well padded during transport - unfortunately I didn't install before my car was written off here. The target was 30 PSI and 220 HP with the supporting mods. I'd say...
  4. aydn

Size of pin required to lock shifter in place?

Lol. Does he accept hipsters as a form of payment? There is an oversupply in East Van, I could even deliver them in this strange Dutch TDI Westfalia (syncro 16?) that is usually left unlocked.
  5. aydn

Thankfully Yes. I'm going to donate their value to Fred, so thanks for your signature, in addition to all the advice! Actually isn't Fred in Richmond? I'd love to avoid PayPal if I can.
  6. aydn

Thanks very much all! Shifts better than a Tesla now. T27 was the perfect fit. Also I just had to push the L pin in while pulling up. http://imgur.com/bRZ15iS could have probably afforded the factory pin for this investment lol
  7. aydn

Looks like I have bigger problems, the plastic L on the bottom of the chrome mass can't be pushed into the vertical position, and I'm paranoid of snapping it off with too much torque on it. Is it known to require a lot of force to get it locked?
  8. aydn

Just trying to realign the shift link/cables on my MK4 ALH. Can barely shift into first. I purchased 20d and 16d nails, which I think are equivalent to 20 penny and 16 penny nails. 20 penny is too big but 16 penny fits but gives slack - does it need to be a 100% perfect fit without movement...
  9. aydn

Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

Just to clarify you're running a 55W H1 bulb? About what did you pay for both?
  10. aydn

Clutch sunk, and now jammed!

Thanks! Just towed it into MB Euromotors a few hundred meters away. I really hope they're open to me ordering in a stage 2 clutch(Boraparts DC 450 ft lbs), so I can make the best of a bad situation. I may be better off towing it to a transmission shop or guru if I decide I can wait a half week...
  11. aydn

Clutch sunk, and now jammed!

(Car is a 99.5 ALH Jetta, new G60/VR6 kit installed 60k Km ago.) On a slight hill nearing a stop, the shifter got stuck somewhere between 1st and neutral - motor hummed around 1200 RPM before I realized I couldn't get back into neutral, and the clutch pedal sank to the floor, so I shut off...
  12. aydn

Everything is 30-50% off for Black Friday and 2 days at this HID place, free shipping to US, 20$ to Canada http://www.hidextra.com/universal-55w-hid-ballast-single/ Are there any better choices Jeff? (I emailed asking if they do have 55W mini H7 or if they're just 35W bulbs with the 55W ballast)
  13. aydn

Oh no, why didn't I get that! Where did you get the 55W from? Won't everything melt now? Edit : research says it cuts bulb life in half, so maybe I don't need those extra lumens after all.
  14. aydn

And here is also a well done PDF from ECS for the fog wiring installation. I like their built-in fuse. http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f3e01bf511d4da3315c66902d6.r6.cf1.rackcdn.com/ZizaHeadlightsJamesrevision2-10-2012.pdf Their kit is $40 however, and excludes the euro switch...
  15. aydn

I see myself getting busted in Canada with such yellow bulbs as highs. I think if they're even used as fogs when there is no fog that's a citation as well. So is anyone using their HIDs with 55W bulbs and ballasts? Is it a melt sentence?
  16. aydn

215whp 04 Golf TDI- GTB2260+Extra's

Sorry I didn't PM, my advisors are pushing me towards a local 09 335d for just over 20K. Plus i didn't realise how far we were, GL with the sale and marriage! Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
  17. aydn

The car I just spent 908$ on tires for, hahaha. I will PM you Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
  18. aydn

God that is way more affordable than building mine up lol. What kind of TDI are you interested in? Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
  19. aydn

I like to call ours Mexican BMWs;) plus you're overlooking the boost from holy spirits in these dark times Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
  20. aydn

HIDPOCALYPSE! Buy buy buy! Angle eyes mandatory.. Jk Congratulations Jeff Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk