Search results

1. E

I successfully lifted my B4V Passat about 3"

Phi1osopher could you please elaborate on the issues you ran into with your lift and what if anything you did to rectify it? Were you experiencing problems with the inner joint binding? or outer CV rubbing? Were the issues related to the driver side or passenger side, both? Did you removed the...
  2. E

2012 Passat Camshaft and Fuel Pump Torque Question

Can someone please verify that the initial torque on the three camshaft sprocket bolts is 20Nm (15ft/lbs)-same for the fuel pump sprocket? After timing is verified the three bolts on each sprocket should be turned an additional 90 degrees? Car driven approximately 30 miles after tightening...
  3. E

WTB ALH Turbo

Wanting to buy a stock turbo for an ALH TDI. Needs to be in working order without seal leaks or wobble of the turbine and preferably with low miles. Shipping would be to 61933 unless local.
  4. E

97 passat tdi complete coolant hose replacement sorce

Been trying to find the part numbers to a coolant leak that occurred at where the lower rad hose connects to the radiator on my B4. Thought I'd add these numbers to this old thread. Here is a link to a parts diagram from Jim Ellis VW...
  5. E

How-To B4 Radiator Replacement

Old post I wanted to add some info to. Lower radiator hose connection started leaking. Several parts mentioned without a PN.
  6. Lower Rad Connection

Lower Rad Connection

B4 Lower Radiator
  7. Lower Rad B4.jpg

Lower Rad B4.jpg

8. Lower Rad Hose B4 3.jpg

Lower Rad Hose B4 3.jpg

9. Lower Rad Hose B4.jpg

Lower Rad Hose B4.jpg

10. E

Flashing Glow Plug

Matt Thank you for taking the time to explain this. I will use VAG COM again and check group 6 to make sure the two digits are changing simultaneously when depressing the brake-hopefully an adjustment of the switches is all that is needed. Will research how to monitor the QA when "key on"...
  11. E

Flashing Glow Plug

I had a flashing glow light about a year ago on my B4 sedan which resolved after installing a new brake light switch. The glow plug started flashing again a month ago . Looking for suggestions on what to do or where to look for a solution. Here is what I've done so far. Haven't noticed any...
  12. E

Can't Depress Clutch-Help Diagnosing

Going to SMF from DMF Will have to take trans out! Am thinking either the fork, throwout bearing or dual mass flywheel (DMF) has failed. Replaced the leaking slave clutch and same issue continues to exist minus the leaky slave clutch. I have a single mass flywheel (SMF) from a 1Z engine that...
  13. E

Can't Depress Clutch-Help Diagnosing

Daughter's 2003 Manual Transmission Bug TDI.(130,xxxmi) She called yesterday stranded at side of road stating "can't depress clutch". Towed her back home and the pedal is very resistant. If I really stand on it I can depress it, battery seemed low or else I did not depress it far enough to be...
  14. E

intermediate shaft seal tore

Been there: Done that: This may help! http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=469828&highlight=shaft Info on bearings: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=198812
  15. E

Considering a NMS Passat-What SHould I Know

Oil Hammer thanks. A little confused in that I'm seeing 2014 Passats listed on Cars.com that are listed as manual trans-6 speed always an SE model. Is it not a true manual with a clutch? One of those clutchless shifters I've seen on rental cars. Kind of important as would like to maybe tow...
  16. E

Considering a NMS Passat-What SHould I Know

Very familiar with the 1z, AHU and ALH's but when looking online for another older TDI I see that VW is selling the TDI's that were in the buyback. I thought only the 2015's were being sold. Now am considering a purchase of a Passat. Mainly because I'm a big guy at 6'4" and 250#. Know nothing...
  17. E

Mechanical Timing Quandry

IP locked-Cam Locked-Flywheel on the Mark. Pay particular attention when putting belt on that you are tight between the crank and the IP. I need a helper when I do this but I advance the sprocket on the IP by 1/2 or one tooth- take the IP lock pin out after positioning the belt between the...
  18. E

Volkswagen exec reaffirms commitment to diesel: ‘Now it is absolutely clean’

I was online looking at TDI's yesterday and was very surprised to see 2012, 2013, 2014 TDI's being sold. I was under the impression that only the 2015 models had been OK'ed to resell. Is that the case or were the ones I saw not involved with the buy back program. Seemed to be pretty low...
  19. E

Help Identify This

While changing out the 109 relay this fell out under the dash and would like to know what it is. [/url][/IMG] Did a quick search and seems like this JBS technologies made remote start units but I don't have a remote for it. Is this something that VW put on the car. Thought perhaps it was for a...
  20. What is this?

What is this?