Search results

1. B

new skid plate

I second the vote on the Evolution aluminum skid plate. Saved my bacon. Story here: Skid Plate Saved My Car
  2. B

Put 17's on my jetta

Put 17\'s on my jetta They are BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW's
  3. B

Put 17's on my jetta

Put 17\'s on my jetta Actually I don't mind the "4-wheelin" all that much. I nail my skid plate enough as it is. Yeah, I'm the same about the thinner spoked wheels usually myself. The photo doesn't do it justice, but the spokes acutally look thinner than they really are. The edges of...
  4. B

Put 17's on my jetta

Put 17\'s on my jetta I decided I wanted to ditch the 15 inch steelies that were stock. Really never liked the look of them, and they handled just so-so (plus it was time for new tires anyways ) So I went with these At Italia 17 inchers. I didn't think that it would look THIS agressive, but...
  5. B

skidplates

My understanding is no, it won't void the warrenty since you arn't messing with anything mechanical. I too have the evolution import plate, and it was worth EVERY PENNY. Saved my bacon! Here's the story on that one: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showflat.php?C...part=1&vc=1
  6. Barrett's Jetta

Barrett's Jetta

A photo I took of the Jetta with the new wheels.
  7. B

California TDI Owners List

1. dlai, 2001 Jetta, South San Francisco 2. Peter Pyce, 2002 Jetta, Mountain View 3. Peter Cheuk, 1998 Jetta, Daly City 4. bogstomper, 1998 Jetta, San Francisco 5. Norman, 2000 Golf, San Jose 6. First D, 2002 Jetta, Anaheim 7. eetsoot, 2002 Jetta, Oxnard 8. Hesh, 2000 Golf, La Honda 9. NewTDI...
  8. B

Anyone unhappy with the full Al. Skid Plate?

Unless you're like me and let your friends talk you into driving it off road That linked post is mine, and I am SOOOOOOOOO glad that I have that plate. I was looking at the DG aluminum before I bought this one, but like you said, the holes in it scared me. Best purchase I ever made for my...
  9. B

Skid plate saved my car!

I'm going from what I remember reading on this when I did my research into buying a pela, so I wouldn't quote any of what I'm about to say as fact. There were two points that I think made buying the pela a resonable way to go. First, is that if you are changing your oil and filter regularly...
  10. B

Skid plate saved my car!

Well, I didn't post the video, only put the link in this thread. Poke around that site. There are a couple of other good videos on changing the air-filter, cleaning the snowscreen, and changing the fuel filter. For places on the web for a Pela, check...
  11. B

Skid plate saved my car!

BTW: if you need a how to video: http://pics2.tdiclub.com/video/cincitdi/oilextraction.html Gotta love the tdi-community!
  12. B

Skid plate saved my car!

Yeah, I use the pela 6000 for this. Easy to use. 1. Take the engine cover off. 2. Warm up the engine (drive around the block). 3. Take the dipstick out and open the oil cap on the engine block. 4. Stick the pela 6000 tube down the dipstick hole as far as you can (you'll hear it hit the...
  13. B

Skid plate saved my car!

I wouldn't bother acutally. If the skirts you have on the car right now are in good shape, just use those. The modification is VERY simplistic, even for me. Just drilling a hole in the side of each one, really.
  14. B

Skid plate saved my car!

Haha, yeah. There were quite a few white-knuckles in the car on those two drives. I remember hearing from the back, "OUCH!! Ok, that was a kidney-cruncher...."
  15. B

Skid plate saved my car!

If you do your oil changes from the underside of the car, then yeah, you'll have to remove the plate to do the oil changes (unless you do as couleekid did). Personally, I do all my oil changes from up top, using a pela oil extractor, so I don't have to worry too much about that.
  16. B

Skid plate saved my car!

The skid plate is really a top-notch piece of equipment. I was going to go with the diesel-geek steel one, but the thought of losing some clearance kind of worried me. (ESPECIALLY NOW!!!). Installation of the riv-nuts (to hold the skid plate up) was somewhat of a pain, but that was mostly...
  17. B

Skid plate saved my car!

Ok, here's the photos:
  18. skid plate adventure 2

skid plate adventure 2

What my skid plate looked like after an "unplanned" off-road trip
  19. skid plate adventure 1

skid plate adventure 1

What my skid plate looked like after an "unplanned" off road trip.
  20. B

Skid plate saved my car!

Just thought I'd tell people my most recent story: I purchased the aluminum skid plate from http://www.evolutionimport.com/ when my oem skid plate got nailed from a pot hole. I went camping with some friends this weekend. My roommate asked if we could take the jetta tdi, because of the...