Search results

1. For Sale items

For Sale items

Items for sale
  2. T

Cabin Air Filter Question

Hengst make great filters so it should work well.
  3. T

2005 MkV Jetta No crank no start

Did you charge the battery with an external (high current/quality) charger? I ask because if the battery was flat and you just 'bump' started it the alternator is not designed to charge a dead battery so it won't be fully charged which may lead you to think there's a parasitic drain...
  4. T

Electrical cable voltage drops

As mentioned previously, I suggest you focus on the voltage being produced by the alternator, it should be around 14.5-14.7V The voltage drops will be due to the resistance in the cables / terminations which may warrant investigation but i'd definitely start with the alternator.
  5. T

PD130 Vs 150

Those models weren't available in USA, the only PD engine was BEW (100BHP) which wasn't available in Europe, so you probably won't get much response to your question as this is a majority US forum.
  6. T

FS: 05 VW Golf TDi GLS 5 Spd

Price drop $6995 obo
  7. T

Due to unfortunate events the car is still for sale.
  8. T

No major issues, the last one I encountered was the sticking rear brake caliper but I replaced that. The rear passenger door lock can sometimes be sticky with the central locking but that's about all I can think of!
  9. T

I actually bought it in PA! I flew to Philly and drove it back to CO, got around 44mpg then. It will vary according to driving style but my average was about 47mpg. Highest I got was 53, lowest around 42 when I drove from Austin TX to Denver in under 12 hours!
  10. T

Still available.
  11. T

Great and well loved car for sale :( Met a girl from Denmark so moving over there :) It's in Aspen, CO. 81611 Some Pictures; https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6NfPlxX03g0a0JoU3lUcTFPcm8 This car has been very well maintained and i'm sad to have to sell it. Mobil 1 0W40 oil changed every...
  12. T

FS: Chicago Industrial 1/2" Electric Impact Wrench 240 ft lbs Torque. BNIB

SOLD Brand New In Box Chicago Industrial 1/2" Electric Impact Wrench. 1/2" square drive. 240 ft lbs Max Torque 120 Volt 7 Amp motor. Max Speed 2100 RPM Rocker switch for one hand forward/reverse. Comes In plastic carrying case. $40 + shipping (as it's heavy!)
  13. T

FS: Snap On Wheel Bearing Installer Tool 3420 For A4 Rear Wheel Bearing

SOLD As new condition. $20 Shipped.
  14. T

FS: BatteryMINDer Plus Model 12117 (12V 1.33A) Charger/Maintainer/Desulfator

SOLD Works well. great condition. High-frequency pulses safely remove sulphate from battery's plates that prevent the batteries from holding a full charge. Extends the working life of your car battery. Comes with both leads including croc clips. Added bonus i'll throw in a brand new Battery...
  15. T

FS: Metalnerd Timing Belt Tools for BEW/BHW

SOLD For Sale: Timing Belt Tools for PD engine TDIs, including A4 cars with engine code BEW and B5.5 Passats with engine code BHW. Used once, great condition, they work very well and make the job as easy as it can be. Not needed as I will be selling my car. $70 Shipped obo.
  16. T

VNT 17 install on 05 Golf PD BEW with GodSpeed SMIC and 1.8T Pancake pipe upgrade.

Everything is still going strong. The red pipe (THS213) did pop off the pancake pipe end once as I was going up a steep hill on cruise control with a heavily loaded car! Gave me a bit of a fright but got it back on and tightened it up and it's been all good again. Not sure the THS213/C is...
  17. T

Anyone do a 1.8T Pancake Pipe Upgrade for BEW

It's generally done when upgrading turbo and intercooler, that's when I did mine.
  18. T

Polyurethane rear trailing arm bushings.

I recently installed these; http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BTLMNO/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER Work well to remove rear end 'slop' and no issues so far.