Search results

1. B100

FS OEM front shock struts from 2003 Golf, in Berkeley

I pulled these off my barely new 2003 TDI the first year I had it, and they've just sat. What's a fair price? $50 plus shipping or local pickup in Berkeley/Oakland.
  2. B100

My new 2009 JSW

I saw this coming a couple years ago, and now it's happened. My father has decided to stop driving (at 89) and gave me his 2009 DSG SportWagen, with 101k miles and NO sunroof. It's quite nice to drive, very solid. He bought it after seeing how happy I was with my Golf, and when VW was bringing...
  3. B100

Bay Area interior lining restoration?

It's my turn... the Golf's interior lining is coming loose from the adhesive, after 16 years. Does anyone have a favored shop that can handle headliner, doors, and passenger sides?
  4. B100

WTB: Hubcap for 2003 Golf (15-inch steel wheels)

I lost a hub cap, and my wife wants it replaced. An exact match would be great, I would buy a couple of them, even. https://diesel.smugmug.com/TDI/Vanity-Pics/i-n5rSjRt/A I'm in Berkeley California, local sale preferred, but not required.
  5. B100

Blue Gum Eucalytptus takes out ALH TDI in Berkeley

Not for those with weak stomachs, the carnage is shown here in raw & gory detail... http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/01/27/photos-trees-fall-recent-berkeley-storms/ Noah, if you're on this site, sorry this tragic event came to pass.
  6. B100

Golf sudenly stopped shifting - symptoms, ideas

Golf suddenly stopped shifting - symptoms, ideas Yesterday, returning from family visit, on a lonesome country road... I had revved through 3rd gear (past 4k RPM), shifted to 4th, but felt the slightest something strange when it came out of 3rd, and I could not get the shifter into 4th, or into...
  7. B100

Fincher's in Healdsburg - any experience?

My Golf was towed to Fincher's, an generally well-recommended independent shop in Healdsburg, California. Anyone have experience with them, do they know VWs and TDIs? I probably need the clutch release lever replaced...
  8. B100

Clutch shuddder/lurching when cold

I have a SouthBend single-mass clutch on my 2003 Golf. When the car is cold, for the first few miles I feel/hear shudder when letting up on the pedal. Warmed up, no shudder, grabs smooth and fine. What could be causing the shudder? Fuel starvation? My wife insists it's just my heavy feet on the...
  9. B100

Anyone with VCDS in Denver area?

My father is in Centennial, south of Denver, and has a MIL on his 2010 Jetta TDI. Anyone able to look at his car with VCDS? He's headed back to California in a week, where I could scan it, but he's concerned about making the trip with the light on... Thanks.
  10. B100

Yokayo [Northern California] needs some help right now

Northern California biodiesel processor Yokayo Biofuels has hit a rough spot on the path to building out their larger processing plant. If you run their fuel in your engine, or care about the recycled oil as feedstock model for biodiesel, take a look at their website for information on what they...
  11. B100

My turn for a slipping clutch

I guess my luck ran out. I put 0.205 Bosch nozzzles on my '03 Golf eight years ago, when the car was just a wee pup. The jump in power was great, and made the car even more fun to drive. Although I kept the OEM clutch, it seemed to be holding up fine. Then last month, I had VWMikel do a tune...
  12. B100

Which Timing Belt kit?

I'm due for first TB change, on a 2003 Golf. The three vendors most seen here (DieselGeek, Bleached Bora, and IDParts) each have similar, but slightly different TB kits. Has anyone compared the three, and come away with strong opinions for one over the others? I'm having a west coast guru do the...
  13. B100

Penngrove Power and Implement Museum - July 10th

Penngrove Power and Implement Museum - Saturday July 9th 2011 Some of you must love old engines and machines as much as I do... if so, and you're near Petaluma (California) July 9th, consider making a side trip to Penngrove for the annual "Power-UP" at the museum. 10 am - 4 pm, and it's free...
  14. B100

Managing folders of subscribed threads

I just discovered that I can make folders for my "favorite" threads here on TDICLub. So much easier now, than searching all my hundreds of subscribed threads for the ones I can't remember the names of any longer, such as IP seal replacement. Maybe just a basic feature of vBulletin, but thanks...
  15. B100

I.P. seal replacement in Berkeley? Moooo...

Say, has anyone local replaced their injection pump seals, who would be willing to come over and watch when I do mine? I need to do this before a long road trip in March, so any weekend in February would work, I'm looking for a kindred spirit who might be willing to share insights, and follow...
  16. B100

Search Function

Search is weird. When I use it to search for a term in thread titles, it comes back with threads that don't have the search term in the title. :confused:
  17. B100

Dash lights for enviro controls on A4 Golf?

My 2003 Golf doesn't have illuminated heater controls. No lights for any controls below the radio... is this normal? Or should I be looking for a loose wire or bad fuse? Thanks.
  18. B100

Continent-wide, we're what... B1?

Does anyone have current data to support an estimate of the ratio of biodiesel to petro diesel consumed in U.S., or NA? I'm guessing it would be a stretch to think we're even close to B1 in our overall usage. As a secondary question, I have assumed that diesel consumed here is produced here -...
  19. B100

Big feet, small car, new Key-USB

I found out today that the Ross-Tech Key-USB is in the way of my left foot when I'm shifting. Has anyone ever put the end of the cable through a fairly tight bend, like a 1-inch radius, and taped it off to free up foot space, AND had the cable continue to work properly? I love being able to log...
  20. B100

Shocking Key Symptom

Sometimes I get a small shock when I put the switchblade key into the ignition. Not every time. VAG-COM shows no electrical faults. Anyone seen this themselves? Maybe it's the dry cold air... or maybe I have a short somewhere.