Search results

1. C

Loud Knocking from Passenger Side Dash Area

just chiming in that I had the same issue around 15k miles
  2. C

CEL P20E8 Adblue

Putting this here for posterity and hopefully will save someone in the future. I'm at about 39K miles and got a check engine light, shows code P20E8 in VCDS and ODBII reader. After taking to the dealer they say I have a small hole in the line that runs from the adblue tank to the adblue...
  3. C

Highest Mileage EA288's?

I'm at 33K. I had a ripped CV boot at 25K, replaced under warranty, otherwise just typical maintenance items.
  4. C

Rear view Camera for Golf TDI S

You don't need to turn around and look out the back window. I almost never do this anymore. Backing up requires your mirrors. The backup camera is really nice for backing into parking spaces.
  5. C

Replace New Beetle Alternator - a guide.

MoGolf pointed this out to me a few years ago when I had the same question, just passing on the knowledge :)
  6. C

1 being closest to the round part of the D and 2 being closest to the square side. Assuming your clip looks like this http://www.idparts.com/alternator-connector-a4-p-2340.html
  7. C

Noisy brakes while backing

I've owned many cars with disc brakes. I've never heard the unnatural dying whale noise my 2015 Golf makes when I reverse sometimes, typically in the morning, when its been slightly cold.
  8. C

the clip should say 1 & 2 on it. Blue is 1. The brown wire should have a red tracer line is 2.
  9. C

a/c recirc clicking

I'm at the dealer now for mine. Service manager told me its the second one he's had in for this issue this week, could be something to watch out for. They are replacing the recirc motor in mine, he said it's coming apart so the clicking is the gears not hitting as it opens up.
  10. C

a/c recirc clicking

mine just started doing this after 20k miles, will be checking with the dealer shortly
  11. C

rattling noise around 2000 rpm

on the outside/underside of the driver footwell? If so this could be my problem as well, I swear this is where I am hearing it.
  12. C

rattling noise around 2000 rpm

I'm hearing a noise at the same rpm's, generally when I'm on the highway. It pulses for me, a consistent pulse but does not increase/decrease with speed.
  13. C

What MDI cable came with your car?

I'm using one of these MDI to USB cables found on Amazon, it works great for charging, I've never tried to use it to play music or anything from my phone. I do everything over Bluetooth
  14. C

Rear view Camera for Golf TDI S

I don't have NAV and I have the rear view camera on my SE
  15. C

backup cam stops while backing up

I've had this happen a few times, I think it's when I go over 10mph in reverse. The camera turns dark, I believe its when I got 10+mph. It's nearly caused a wreck for me as I have a long driveway with high sides on it. Seems like a horrible "feature" to turn off the camera at high speed in...
  16. C

Noisy brakes while backing

same noise problem here with my MK7 with 6000 miles, I was thinking of taking it to the dealer but don't want to get the runaround for an issue that's hard to reproduce. Every time it rains/snows and i back out of my parking spot either outside or in the garage
  17. C

FlashT, I have a 98NB with a D style connector, my connector broke (the inside plastic that holds the wires in). Would this updated connector from idparts be a replacement? Just slide my existing wires in and plug into my alternator? The alternator has been replaced previously.
  18. C

TDIFest 2014 -Looking for Expressions of Interest

Yes that's how we worked it. From what I was told a lot of other fests were run the same way
  19. C

As one of the organizers of a past fest I can see why Chris Tobin is asking the question. Having an understanding of the profit goal helps when it comes to pricing the venue, event costs, food costs, etc. Like you found out Fred is an amazing guy, very nice, very personable and happy to spend a...
  20. C

Chris, just wanted to jump in and offer my $.02 TDIFest is what the organizers make it, personally I would love to have more vehicle and vehicle related activities, it just hasn't historically been the biggest part of the format. I've heard feedback from some less active TDIClub members that...