Search results

1. anahata

Touareg V10!!

After some concerts for kindergartners I left the building late and one of 2 vehicles in front was a '08 V10 Touareg idling with the owner inside. I listened and it was only a little different sounding barely detectable, so I checked the badge. Knocked on the driver's window and chatted him up...
  2. anahata

Electrical mystery strangeness

Car seems to do this in the rain. It happened a month ago and we had mild rain last night; though I do also remember this happening once a couple of years ago and I don't think it was raining .... A few blocks from home I noticed that the headlights and dash would momentarily dim appreciably...
  3. anahata

Warning lights go crazy! - any gurus help?

I seem to have a serious electrical problem. 2 months ago the turn signals and brakes triggered a pronounced dimming of the cluster and headlights. This happened only once and it has not returned. I should have had it checked out then. Three weeks ago the air bag light came on. A helpful VCDS...
  4. anahata

Saw my 1rst Tourag V10TDI

Ran into a guy parked in his new V10TDI and knocked on his window. Had a long talk with him. He had just gotten it and had recently attended a monthly biodiesel conference here in Tucson. He had not heard of Fred's and I told him to check out the page (and community ) as it is THE place for us...
  5. anahata

glow plug interchangeability?

I wonder if anyone knows if a 2001 TDI which originally had Beru glow plugs will function correctly with a complete set of the Bosches instead? I know that they CANNOT be used mixed together. What exactly is the difference between these plugs?
  6. anahata

OEM 6 disc changer for sale $180.00 or B.O.

I'm selling a 6 Disc changer which should fit Jettas from 99-01 in addition to some other A-4's. It is VW part/model# 3B0 035 111B. Check with VW parts to make sure this is the one can work in your car. Use your VIN# when you do this! They may give a number that superceded this one. This...
  7. anahata

driver's door hinge 'pop'

driver\'s door hinge \'pop\' My 'stealership' is Beaudry VW, Tucson, AZ. Took the car in and remarked on this hinge making a popping sound when closing the door. They said hinge was worn and out of tolerance. I find this strange at any mileage much less my mere 27+k! To their great credit they...