Search results

1. Ben Dur

clutch inspection?

I think the tune is somewhat tailored to the injector size; The size of the injector is not a steadfast determinate of what "tune" you can load. When i was tuned by Malone with a stage 2 i was running smog .216s and after loading the tune the smoke was not too excessive so we called it a day...
  2. Ben Dur

Boost tubing diameter and wall thickness diameter for 35 PSI

2.5 dp and 3" exhaust is probably ideal. 2.25" charge pipe would be my choice if its not inconvenient
  3. Ben Dur

Boost tubing diameter and wall thickness diameter for 35 PSI

On the exhaust 2.5 is usually considered plenty for the 4cyl tdi. Plenty of people pushing past 200hp with a 2.5 dp and exhaust. Fixuntilbroke did some data acquisition with stock, 2.5 and 3" downpipes and found that the 3 at least in his application actually produced a bit of vac. As for...
  4. Ben Dur

How to max out the vnt-15?

I would give your tunner a call and see what he sais, between charlie and paul you should get all the info you need, and they will definitely set you up right!
  5. Ben Dur

How to max out the vnt-15?

Max out a vnt15? id say 11mm pump and r520s... have them dialed back and tuned down (shortest injection window possible) 2.5" downpipe and exuast Piping and fmic Tuning (custom) I mean if you really wanna "max" out the vnt15 ported head and cam. Few people would care to spend soooo much on...
  6. Ben Dur

Best way to a 150 hp alh..

Sprint 520? Idk id go bigger but they may put out 150...
  7. Ben Dur

Porting an AFN head

Ive seen people use the copper nuts with and without the washer. No big deal, i do use the washer myself. As for the copper nut, they are magnetic. I think they are just copper coated to prevent rust. I use stainless studs, the hardened washer and copper nut, i never replace the nuts and i run...
  8. Ben Dur

Race520 with Stage5?

Yeah i agree. The 1722 while not a whole lot cheaper it is cheaper, and if you dont plan to build an engine it is that best choice. Save a little money on the tirbo itself, get everything you can without droppong money on the engine... and straightforward install
  9. Ben Dur

Race520 with Stage5?

Even with a 17/22 things can get expensive fast... if tune to its limits, it can seriously ***** an otherwise perfectly fine engine... and with that said it is not actually a great deal cheaper than a 1756vk. For instance i bought a 1722 and a downpipe, and an omi... 1400, 300, 150? 100-200 for...
  10. Ben Dur

My almost complete 3" intake

Makes sense. I always just thought it was an emission required "sensor" that proves to obd that the crank vent is plugged in. Which i always thought was quirky... hmmmmm
  11. Ben Dur

Of course you still need to do something with the crank vent. Or you get oil all over the engine bay.
  12. Ben Dur

I dont know. Mine is just pluged in and tucked away. It doesnt actually sense anything from what i understand, but if left unplugged it throws a check light. So i cut the tube off the old pipe, plugged it in and tossed it out of the way.
  13. Ben Dur

What nozzles are these?

Could be that they are checking IQ on a cold engine. The engine is ssupposed to be warm. If it is a cold engine i think you get precisely that, bouncing IQ. I may be mistaken on that, but i do know IQ is to be checked with a warm engine
  14. Ben Dur

HY 35 9cm on ALH

Ryan was that on pump fuel, bio, or syndiesel?
  15. Ben Dur

HY 35 9cm on ALH

Looks like greg has his work cut out for him. Well done ryan. Maybe greg should stop screwing around with the 'cute chick rookies' and get behind the wheel himself. If his car is so fast its a shame hes training inexperienced drivers with it. RyanP selected, built, and drove 146 in the mile. Im...
  16. Ben Dur

What nozzles are these?

As far as IQ mine doesnt bounce much at all... mine is set to about 6 and varies from about 5.8-6.2 if that. I dont think a 2 point bounce is too normal. What are the nozzles again? Were they professionally set, or thrown together?
  17. Ben Dur

What nozzles are these?

R520 all the way. Mine were set up by DBW at stg1 and they put out a bit more fuel than my .216's did. And seem to have a bit better (less) fuel consumption when im not being heavy footed. when and if* i ever get tuned, they will be going back to DBW for a stg3(standard) adjustment. (Depending...
  18. Ben Dur

The right way to clean a ALH TDI intake manifold?

i doubt your gunna come up with anything that works as well in 5 minutes as flaming it... 5 minutes with any kind of bush method will leave the thing completely nasty inside and all you have done is loosened up some big chunks to get sucked through the valves.
  19. Ben Dur

and tbh im not even sure if the () statement is true but it seems to be whats happening... regardless it hasn't failed me yet.
  20. Ben Dur

i just soak mine in diesel over night, knock out whatever is loose in the A.M. and torch it... i err on the side of caution because i dont have extras, so i usually torch less and let it rest more. (i wrap mine in a wet towel -rag- it seems to retain the heat which makes the temp fluctuation...