Search results

1. N

Anybody tried this ECU/Injector Upgrade?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I found this auction on Ebay this morning and thought it interesting since I've never heard of it before. Any warnings? Experience?
  2. N

Changing Lowbeam Light Bulbs in Golf?

I apologize if this has been addressed. I tried a search and came up with zip, nada, zilch. I need to change the low-beam bulb on the driver's side of my Golf. (It's made it 24K miles!). Are there any major tricks/obstacles I should look out for? Thanks, Nusswag
  3. N

Solar-Powered Trickle Charger

Has anybody tried one of these? I saw a couple for sale at a local auto parts store. I would think that this would definitely be beneficial for those of us that live in cold climates and have relatively short commutes (<20 miles). It would be nice to know that your battery would sustain...
  4. N

Convincing/Interesting Statistics about Biodiesel

Ok biodiesel geeks, I have a question for you. I am not entirely new to the concept of bio-D, and I have ran a few tanks of varying ratios (B20-B100). Basically, I am convinced that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. However, I am a high school chemsitry/physics/biology teacher and...
  5. N

Just Completed 20K mile Maintenance - Questions

Ok, well thanks to the local TDI club in Madison (MADASS - Madison Area Diesel Addiction Support Society), I completed my 20K mile maintenance Tuesday night. The way I figure it, I saved $150-200 by doing the following myself: oil/oil filter change fuel filter change pollen filter change tire...
  6. N

Tuning Boxes and Retail Pricing

I'm having a hard time finding retail prices for Upsolute tuning boxes. Is there a website that lists those? I'm interested in the 1 POT, 3 POT, or no-POT boxes. Also, what's a good deal on a VASB? I know there are a lot of threads about the various pluses and minuses of these, but I...
  7. N

1.9 TDI engine w/ 5K miles FS on Ebay

I thought some of you may be interested in this. I am not the seller so I can't give you too many details, but I thought somebody on this site would be interested. Click here for the auction. I'm not sure if that's too pricey or not but I would think that there MUST be a lot of salvageable...
  8. N

A4 Golf owners- Help With New Wheel Selection

Ok, I'm overwhelmed! I have a 2003 reflex silver 4-door Golf GL TDI which means it came with steel wheels and wheel-covers. I'd REALLY like to upgrade to some classy/sporty looking alloy wheels. I've looked at countless posts both here and over on Vortex and for the life of me can't seem to...
  9. N

Spilled Powerservice - Performance on Carpet

I need advice on how I can remove the nasty smell of Powerservice Performance formula from the carpet/spare tire cover in the hatch of my Golf. Yes, I spilled some when filling up with fuel about 2 months ago. I've already removed the carpet/cover, swept it and shampooed it. I've let it out...
  10. N

A question for those of you with 5-speeds

Last night I was be-bopping around town (yes, some people do be-bop) and I noticed, not that I do it this often, that when I slightly depressed the clutch just until I met resistance the clutch pedal vibrated..a lot. This occured when the transmission was engaged or in neutral. Granted, one...
  11. N

Add-ons for A4 Golfs

In the picture above, taken from the "pictures" section of the Forum, the rear of the car shows to add-on pieces to the hatch. First of all, there is the "wing" at the top which I've seen before. Does this help reduce road-grime collection? Will it impact fuel mileage? Where can it be...
  12. N

HELP WITH RATTLE!!

Ok, here are the facts: 2003 Golf TDI 4dr 5 spd 8K miles Within the last day or two car/engine has developed a very obnoxious rattle that resonates when the engine is at 2000 rpms. Doesn't seem to matter whether the engine is fully warmed up or cold and the rattle is very specific to a narrow...
  13. N

Delvac and Bio-D in Madison?

Just moved to Madison, WI saturday. I'm about 1500 miles away from my 10K mile oil change and would like to find a source of the following: 1. Delvac 2. Standadyne performance formula 3. Good fuel or bio-D Thanks
  14. N

Can't find Bio-D!

Can\'t find Bio-D! Anybody out there have a clue as to where one might be able to find Bio-D in central Indiana? I would love to run the stuff, maybe B50 right now, but I can't find it anywhere. Is there a website with links to distributors? Any help would be appreciated. It's a little...
  15. N

HELP! Electronic Gremlins!

Ok here are the facts that I know so far: 2003 Golf GL TDI 4 door 5 spd 2700 miles 1. Rear hatch will not lock consistently 2. Door Ajar - idiot light on intermittantly 3. Liquid present around rear hatch - appears to be windshield washer fluid My working hypothesis is that the rear...
  16. N

How can I find BioDiesel?

I'm sure this has already been covered, but quite frankly I'm a little too lazy to look through a ton of old posts. Is there a common website that I could use to locate BioDiesel? I currently am living in Indiana (Corn-Soybean belt) yet I don't know of one place where I can get biodiesel...
  17. N

03 Golf rear bumper cover/protector

I know that somebody on here must have a cover/protector for the rear bumper of the Golf. Where can I find one? How much do they cost?
  18. N

Two basic questions.

First of all, I'm in love with my car (2003 Refelex Silver Golf TDI GL 5-spd black interior) which I picked up 2 days ago (450 miles on the odo). I'm at work right now, and all I want to do is come up with some excuse to go drive it...somewhere, anywhere!! This is awful!! Now for the...
  19. N

Advice for a Newbie

First of all, let me just say that I was very excited to find this group on-line. My wife and I have plans to drive up to Madison, WI tomorrow to trade in our 1999 Toyota Tacoma and 1996 Honda Civic on a new Golf TDI. I guess you could say I'm getting the last minute gitters about trading in 2...