Search results

1. ksing44

Sad realization about my 2010 MK6 Golf TDI - Mice, hydrolock, and a dead battery!

It wasn't a good day for my 2010 MK6 Golf TDI with 200K+ miles that I now park outside because I bought a newer 2019 MK75 Golf R. I've been trying to drive the TDI more than my newer Golf R, but little things mostly kept me out of the TDI for the last couple of weeks. First it was a bulb out for...
  2. ksing44

Headliner falling down?

My headliner is falling down all around in my 2010 Golf TDI with 199K miles. It seems sudden, 1st in the front but now also in the back. My car is parked outside now, since I bought a used 2019 MK7.5 Golf R a year ago. Do the headliners just fail? Nothing seems wet, but could it be the sunroof...
  3. ksing44

Think my clutch finally died - 2010 Golf TDI with 194K miles

Yesterday morning my car wouldn't start. It almost started, but then suddenly stopped with a thud. Then it wouldn't turn over. I thought maybe the battery was weak, so I connected my trickle charger until I had a full charge. I had more trouble getting the thing started, different lights popped...
  4. ksing44

Does timing belt have to be removed to replace water pump?

I know the water pump is replaced when the timing belt is replaced. In fact mine was replaced on 9/27/17 @153,289 miles. I have 191K miles now and I'm afraid I might have a leaky water pump, although the dealer just replaced the thermostat so something could be a miss there. I'm preparing just...
  5. ksing44

Does bad thermostat, lower operating temperature, significantly decrease MPG?

The operating temperature on my car has decreased. The last 2 days, on a 4-hour drive each way, the temperature was lower on the OEM gauge and measured ~155 degrees F on my supplemental gauge. My MPG for the trip was at least 5 MPG less than expected. I wonder if maybe the lower MPG is because...
  6. ksing44

p0638 - New throttle body covered by warranty

Just an FYI - I experienced flashing glow plug and check engine lights with a service now message in the center display. I scanned the car with VCDS and found the p0638 code below. The dealer is replacing the throttle body and said it's covered by the extended warranty from dieselgate. My car is...
  7. ksing44

Imploding CP4 HPFP in the news!

GM being sued over imploding Bosch fuel pumps in Duramax diesel trucks
  8. ksing44

Clogged DPF!

I have 161,000 miles and had the fix ~8000 miles ago, I got a check engine light and a P2002 code and the dealer says I have a clogged DPF. It's covered under warranty! But I think it's interesting and wanted to share with all of you. The service writer indicated he typically sees this on the...
  9. ksing44

Broken Parcel Shelf Holding Strap Holder?

One of my pegs broke off in the hatch. It sounds like it's integrated into the plastic on our cars and you need the entire panel, but previously you could easily replace them. I'm thinking I could drill a hole and use the part from a previous model or different car, e.g., the Polo as the one...
  10. ksing44

Is P2105 covered under new warranty?

As the title indicates, does anyone know if the intake manifold thing (P2105) is covered under the new extended warranty? I know about the dieselgeek fix, but I wondered if it is now covered under the warranty. Thank you
  11. ksing44

Combustion engine to be outlawed!

Reuters news about carmakers "minds focused by government pledges to outlaw the combustion engine" "push by some lawmakers to ban diesel and eventually all engines"
  12. ksing44

Stupid me, left car idling for 16+ hours!

:o I have a lot on my mind and I messed up. Lately the timing of the regens has been making me a little crazy. It seems like it's always happening after a long ride on highway, just as I get close to home. Usually I drive around the neighborhood, but this time I left the car idling outside the...
  13. ksing44

Speculation about no fix, ever

autoblog - settlement eliminates need for tdi fix That would stink for me. I was hoping to keep the car, but wanted the cash to help going forward. Of course I can also keep the car without any cash, but then I'll feel like I'm missing the benefits that many others are getting. My issue with...
  14. ksing44

Crank sensor band after timing belt!

Crank sensor bad after timing belt! What a $%#@! I had the timing belt done just a couple of months ago and now my crank sensor is bad! The timing belt has to come off and it's a not cheap. I wish they recommended replacing that thing when the belt was off. What a pain! I'm wondering now if I...
  15. ksing44

That's what I'm talking about!

Dieselgate: The End Is Nigh! “At some point in time, there will be the question whether we should continue to invest a lot of money into the further development of the diesel powertrain,” Müller said. “To clean the diesel exhaust will become involved, and expensive,” Müller told the...
  16. ksing44

Intermittent antenna 1 (ANT1) and no AM reception

When I press and hold the set-up button, I can get to a screen that lets me check the signal for the radio. I have a more rare RNS-510, but I think it also works for the RCD-510. Checking that screen for two days now, it seems I have an intermittent ANT1. It was "off" yesterday with no AM...
  17. ksing44

Suddenly have bad/no AM reception?

I have a 2010 Golf TDI with an RNS510 and I suddenly have bad AM reception. The AM reception became very poor or nothing, while FM and Sirius are fine. I held down the setup button for a long time and on both AM and FM it says "ANT1: Off" and "ANT2: On" And ANT1 is poor or weak with AM, but good...
  18. ksing44

Timing belt 120K or 130K?

Are the parts and belt the same for a 2010 and 2011 Golf TDI? I have a 2010 Golf TDI. The maintenance schedule indicates 120K for my car, but it changed in 2011 to 130K. I suspect there is nothing different about my 2010, so I wonder if I could wait until 130K like the 2011 and all cars after...
  19. ksing44

deAutoKey Reverse Lights!

I just put in some of the CREE LED Reverse lights from deAutoKey. They are awesome! They're like little headlights for your reverse lights. They have them for both the Euro tails or stock. I'm not associated with them in any way. I just think they are so bright and wonderful that everyone show...
  20. ksing44

Cheap OEM parts from trusted source?

I need a new rear view mirror for my son's 2010 Jetta 2.5L gasser, VW part number 3C0857511J9B9. The VW dealer wanted $210. ECS has it for $122. I like ECS very much and that's not really a bad price compared to the dealer, but wondered if you guys have a better idea. I looked at the vortex...