Search results

1. M

MIL went off-> DTCs (2015 Golf Sw)

the MIL (a couple of days after ad blue message appeared) came on. I’ve been taking the car to a non VW specific mechanic, he checked DTCs and followed VW’s procedures. codes he got were: P205B ( ran test, marginally point to a failing DEF pump, electrical resistance on all circuits at top of...
  2. M

Crowd sourcing advice re my 05 Jetta (PD)

I am the 2nd owner (2009) of a 05 Jetta Gls TDi (5 spd). The bulk of the 200k miles I put on the car came before 2019 (retired). Total mileage on the car 277K miles. Current annual usage is less then 5k miles. Engine has a Rocketchip stage 1 tune with erg delete. Custom cam shaft and timing belt...
  3. M

2015 Sportwagen AdBlue message

I have had AdBlue added during regular maintenance in the past. The indicator warning that it will need AdBlue in the next 1200 miles came on. I added 90% of the 1/2 gallon container I had on hand (threaded cap, it stopped draining in so I stopped, not wanting to overfill). The message still...
  4. M

2015 SportWagen AdBlue indicator message

I have had AdBlue added during regular maintenance in the past. The indicator warning that it will need AdBlue in the next 1200 miles came on. I added 90% of the 1/2 gallon container I had on hand (threaded cap, it stopped draining in so I stopped, not wanting to overfill). The message still...
  5. M

VW A4 body style power seat (driver's side) SE PA

Driver's side power seat, black leatherette, with wiring harness I have had this in my garage for 5 years or more. Still driving the Jetta but I recognize I'm not going to install this. You want it ? Come pick it up, it's yours FREE Zip code 19086 (southeastern Pa, 15 miles south on 95) PM or...
  6. M

Mud flaps

searched and couldn't find an answer Per my local dealer, VW doesn't offer oem mud flaps for my A4 body style 2005 Jetta. Besides junk yard pulls is there another source that is made to fit ? Marco
  7. M

what all season tires are recommended for 2015 GSW

My buy back came with a set of 225/40/R18 Pirelli Cinturato. I have tended to run Continental Pure Contacts BUT, that would have been on a sedan or hatchback (lighter weight ?). I've got tread left but planning ahead. I could buy two and put them on the front with the best of the original 4 on...
  8. M

Power Seat installation

I've been driving my 05 for 11 years now, always toying with the idea of upgrading. Come to realize I really like this car and the "upgrade" I want is power seats. Searched this section and see it CAN be done but, sorry to admit, it is beyond my capabilities. Any body geographically close to me...
  9. M

2012 thru 2015 Beetle TDi

Considering replacing my 05 (A4 body style) Jetta with a Beetle. Not putting the miles on that I used to but still like the torque. Curious if there is any model year that should be avoided or should be searched for ? My wife had a 2013 Beetle TDi, put close to 50K on it before the buy back, so...
  10. M

FS: 2004 Jetta wagon 5 spd Charleston SC

For Sale: 2004 Jetta wagon, 5spd, 160K miles. 2nd owner (since 2009) with detailed service history. asking $7K This is my son's car (While he is not a forum member, I am) See his post on Craigslist for details and photos...
  11. M

WTB: 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL (PA)

WTB: 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL trim light color exterior (White or Silver or ?) light interior (Biege or Quartz Gray), automatic (DSG) TDi or TSi I am in southeastern Pa, willing to have car shipped if necessary PM me or email gios DOT torino AT verizon DOT net thanks Marco
  12. M

Suggest a "new" ride

Long time VW/Audi driver here. Since 2002 I have been driving an A4 Jetta manual, 1st 350k miles was an 02. In 2009 I replaced that with an 05 (90K on it), now at 255K. I'm about to give VW my 2013 Beetle TDI (DSG) back so I"ll have that cash to put into a new ride.I've enjoyed the Beetle for...
  13. M

Charleston/Mount Pleasant SC

Looking for a mechanic (A4 Jetta wagon) for regular service pm or email me giosDOTtorinoATverizonDOTnet
  14. M

Charleston?Mount Pleasant SC

Looking for a mechanic (A4 Jetta wagon) for regular service pm or email me giosDOTtorinoATverizonDOTnet
  15. M

205/55/R16 winter tires ?

I have a set of Audi wheels from a 1999 A6 wagon that have winter tires (size 205/55/R16) mounted on them. Will these fit/work on my 2013 Beetle TDi ? thanks
  16. M

Why do i like this car so much ?

I considered myself too jaded to admit liking a car as much as I like the 2013 Beetle TDi, but after 5K miles I'm still grinning. Recent car history is this: in 2002 I replaced a 96 Audi A4 (5spd)(185Km) with an 02 Jetta 5spd. I knew I would be putting high mileage on the car and decided to go...
  17. M

WTB 2006 Beetli w dsg southeastern Pa

I am looking for an 06 Beetle with automatic,heated seats. If you've stayed on top of the maintaining the car and have the receipts to prove it, mileage won't be a problem. Hoping to find something within 200 miles of Philadelphia. PM me, I will get back to you quickly. Thanks
  18. M

2011 A3 or Golf ?

I am replacing my wife's Prius. Car will be driven between 10K and 15K miles per year but her daily drive is short.Has to be an automatic and have heated seats. I've had three Audis, and 5 VWs over the past 30 years. Never drove a Audi over 200K miles although the 95 A6 manual was still going...
  19. M

suggest an alternative diesel to a VW owner

long time VW driver, with 3 different Tdi's in the family(02, 05 jetta, 03 jetta wagon). Looking for a "different" ride. I am thinking of selling a 07 Prius and putting that money into a diesel. As this will be my wife's primary vehicle, it has to be 1) an automatic, 2) equipped with heated...
  20. M

Recomend a mechanic in southeastern pa

Bob at Greenroad Inc in West Chester has decided to take an extended break. He and I became friends and I think for the past 4 months I have been in denial that he's not going to be available. But I continue to roll up miles on my TDi and it's time to find a place to have it serviced. I'm near...