Search results

1. The Horak

Can't turn off AC on defrost

Yeah, that makes sense, but is it normal for the AC to always run on defrost, whether the button is pressed or not?
  2. The Horak

Can't turn off AC on defrost

Hey guys. I'm just curious if this happens with you too. My Jetta turns on the air conditioner automatically when I set the climate control to defrost. I know that it does that. But when I click the button to turn off AC, the light turns off. The AC still runs, though. Whether or not the light...
  3. The Horak

I gave too much throttle in reverse

Hey guys. I had my 2004 Jetta 5-speed in reverse today and I gave it more than I should have. Now my reverse gear is noticeably louder and putting the shifter into 1st is stiffer. The other gears are fine. Nothing grinds and none of the gears pop out with too much throttle. I just don't know...
  4. The Horak

Golf Mk 4 TDI Tire Pressures

Very true. It's not the same for every tire model. Find what you like. Are you a spirited or relaxed driver?
  5. The Horak

Rear Axle Bushings

Yep. I'm not hearing any bad noises, and let's face it, I don't have a real racer. I'm content.
  6. The Horak

Suspension rebuild equals terrible alignment

So, for the sake of anyone who reads this and wants to know for themselves, if you do suspension work and then think your tires look like they got into a bar fight, no worries. I tried to get to VW, but it was too far away. As I started driving there, my right tire was squealing and wearing out...
  7. The Horak

Yep. I'm in NH, not home at PA. I'll be looking it over once I'm home.
  8. The Horak

I put on Koni STR.T with Eibach Pro springs. I have gotten an alignment or two with what would likely be worn components. I didn't think about that. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to drive it as it settles. The VW dealer isn't all that close. That will help settle everything in. I feel...
  9. The Horak

Yeah, I've got an appointment with VW for an alignment. Thanks for humoring me with my question, guys.
  10. The Horak

Yeah. In my defense, I did the job yesterday, and I have a work van. Haha
  11. The Horak

Cool, thanks for the responses guys. I mean, in the end I have to get it aligned no matter what. The fact is, it's not a very difficult job. Everything is bolted on and torque to spec. So what else is there? Unless something isn't settled right... I can check the upper and lower strut mounts at...
  12. The Horak

No, I didn't touch the subframe. But I didn't reuse my control arms either. They're new.
  13. The Horak

Hey guys, I'm sure this is a no-brainer, but is it possible that steering alignment can be unbelievably terrible after a front-end rebuild? I'm talking bad. Positive camber that's noticeable on the driver wheel negative camber and toe out that's very noticeable on the passenger wheel. Granted, I...
  14. The Horak

Has anyone used this strut tool?

Long story short, good not great. Because it's a cutout on the side, you can't keep turning the socket. It gets annoying. But it does the job for sure.
  15. The Horak

Rear Axle Bushings

What would you consider to be the right tools, and how long would you expect a job like this to take?
  16. The Horak

Rear Axle Bushings

Hey guys, I've got an '04 Jetta. I am redoing the entire suspension, so I was thinking that the rear axle bushings would be a good thing to change, as well. After doing research online, it looks like it could be a terrible job to get involved with. Now, I don't have any noticeable issues with my...
  17. The Horak

04 Jetta TDI EGR?

Personally, if I were to make a suggestion, I would suggest the delete. Pay the $100 for the ECU program. You could also make block off plates at home if needed to save $. Once you mess with the EGR system, you run the risk of the upper or lower pipe constantly cracking on you. Much more...
  18. The Horak

Has anyone used this strut tool?

Agreed. Great for removal though. I got them in and they seem legit. I'll let you guys know how they work, but I'm happy to have a good setup for the torque wrench. QUOTE=najel;5271062]Never personally seen these, but I wouldn't say they seem too cheap by any means. Only thing is aren't those...
  19. The Horak

G40 and G28 issues

So I have replaced both sensors. The Cam sensor has definitely been dead for years. The car starts up super quick now. I don't remember it ever doing that. The Crank sensor was bad wiring. But the wiring issue was between the sensor and the connector for it. If I bent the right spot the right...
  20. The Horak

***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

Does that go to Whitedog, too? haha.