Search results

1. resto1975

T5 2.5tdi Misfire strange Idle IQ now getting desperate !!!

ECU no3 made no difference, going to feed the tandem pump from a remote pressurised supply to see if that makes any difference if not it is back to the start and maybe looking at the new head for faults although we have never had an issue with the AMC heads and have fitted a fair few
  2. resto1975

New crank speed sensor made no difference. Just purchased ECU no 3 just in case a fault with the van damaged both of the previous ones before loom replacement. Next stage matches 🔥
  3. resto1975

The cylinder head is brand new and all the intake side was cleaned. I removed the fuel rail from the head and checked for a blockage on Monday but all seems fine. There is very little smoke at idle like the fuel is not being injected which is why I replaced both the injector and main loom even...
  4. resto1975

Anyone selling any decent ~0.230-0.240 nozzles on bodies?

Still playing with your VE motor then Ben, my 2.0 AFN will be up for sale soon 😉
  5. resto1975

1.6 TDI & Clutch Torque limit for 5-gear manual transmition

I am running a 170bhp turbo with 2.5" free-flowing exhaust on standard fuel system @ 220bhp and 410Nm on a 5 speed. Not sure it will hold forever but I will upgrade to a 6 speed if it fails. No issues for a year but I don't dump the clutch at the lights 😉
  6. resto1975

Had the same thought this morning, pulled the sump which is a PITA pickup ring is good have a new sensor coming next week which means front off power steering pump, air con, engine mount etc. I hate 2.5 T5's
  7. resto1975

Always stays on No5 cylinder
  8. resto1975

I have a 2.5Tdi PD AXD that has been giving me a headache for months. It has a misfire at idle on No5 cylinder and the injector balance numbers are maxxed out for that cylinder +2.99Mg/str all the other cylinders are -2.99Mg/str. IQ at idle is 18Mg/str and unstable so it is lime the ECU is...
  9. resto1975

Mk4 Golf max 150pd conversion

Crank and rods are stronger in a pd150, not sure what the safe limit for a pd100 bottom end is
  10. resto1975

mafless tune

You really need to sort out the tune, if the pump voltage map is properly calibrated then tuning without a MAF sould be fine. PV maps are the difficult bit !! don't be hammer modding the pump a properly tuned PV map will sort the smoke !
  11. resto1975

Group011 - Logs - Not meating request boost low down

Just make an adapter to fit into the manifold and use a glycol damped pressure gauge, use a 2 bar one and then you can just mount it in the cab temporarily while tuning. I built a gauge panel with 2 in side by side one for boost and one for EMP I us when setting up the engine so you can...
  12. resto1975

Group011 - Logs - Not meating request boost low down

You could shorten the rod as you have plenty of duty left at the top of the rpm range but you really need to be measuring emp at the same time and your fueling will have a big effect on spool, are you getting smoke at low rpm ??
  13. resto1975

TDI Transporter 68bhp now 200+ I hope !!!

If i remember correctly i used a G60 gasket but had the piston crowns machined to obtain the correct protrusion as there are no thickness choices available for the petrol gaskets
  14. resto1975

PD or VE ?? May be time for a change

I have various tunes and it will make 200whp 240-250bhp. Smoke free would be nice ������
  15. resto1975

I must admit I am not a fan of the drive of the T5 but i always put it down to the gearboxs. I had an AXG setup in my other van which i tuned to just under 200bhp which i loved the delivery was smooth and endless. I am going to start having a look at a few files to see where there is room for...
  16. resto1975

Ben if the engine comes out it will be for sale ?
  17. resto1975

link to the original build thread. Very little has changed except the management system is now EDC15VM+ http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=342416
  18. resto1975

I need help making my mind up, I have been running a fully blueprinted 2.0ltr AFN engine in my T4 camper at about 180whp for a few years now that has been great but I fancy a new challenge. I have various PD bits so I am looking to build a new motor based on an ARL block the plan being to also...
  19. resto1975

Mk3 AAZ/AHU 2.0L (81mm headgaskets)

No all good from memory, if it was the case it hasn't cased any issues.