Search results

1. R

Beetle belly pan - Picture

Mine disintegrate about 5 years ago. A auto shop shopped around for the OEM one, and the best price he could get was like ~700 dollars for a used one and 1200 for a NIB one. I went with a cheaper alternative to the panzer plate at the sametime, and its the single best investment i have put into...
  2. R

2DR seat latch broken?

Alright i got everything detached from the seat, and found that the cable on the side that doesnt work is disconnected from the mechanism. The mechanism is hidden. Is this repairable if i take the seat apart?
  3. R

2DR seat latch broken?

The passenger side seat latch to fold the seats forward does not work. How does one access the cables that run behind the fabric? I can see its attached to the lower mechanism on the right side, but does not move. The left side functions correctly. I understand i need to take the fabric off but...
  4. R

WTB:Shift box/Shift Cables

Yeah I got their kit and it was a immediate improvement. I have a shift box somewhere that I don't need if you want to buy it though. Won't ship till around holidays though.
  5. R

WTB:Shift box/Shift Cables

Try looking at the diesel geek shift kit, I think you can replace all the bushings.
  6. R

Wtb upgraded turbo for alh

Looking for a mild upgraded turbo for the alh engine. Vnt17 or 17/22, preferable used but a known brand(garret, etc)
  7. R

Wtb alh injectors!

Looking for a used set of injectors shipped to 12302.
  8. R

WTB - ALH timing belt tools - SF Bay Area

No, it's a metalnerd cam holder, amazon tensioner, and Amazon cam sprocket holder. The pin you can use anything that fits, cheap drill bit etc.
  9. R

WTB - ALH timing belt tools - SF Bay Area

I have a cam lock, cheap tensioner tool and cheap counter hold cam sprocket tool that I used earlier this year. Looking for 65 shipped for it.
  10. R

WTB New beetle head unit!

Still looking
  11. R

WTB New beetle head unit!

Looking for a good used headunit for a new beetle, non monsoon. cd/cassette i dont care either or.
  12. R

MK4 New beetle power steering line hose

Hey all, When i did my 5 speed swap i got a used power steering line that seemed to work with the smaller alternator (90A). I am replacing my alternator, and after fighting with it for over a hour i got it in place. I had to undo the hard power steering line thinking it was just in the way...
  13. R

wtb alh timing belt tools-monteal

Got a idparts cam holder, and a tensioner tool if you want, and a cheap Amazon cam sprocket holder as well, 50 shipped. All I used on mine when I did it a month ago.
  14. R

WTB ALH alternator Auto or Manual

Looking for a alternator for my 5 speed swapped beetle. Would prefer the extra amps but can live without as it was a auto so do not need the extra 30 amps for the coolant glowplugs. Looking for one ASAP!
  15. R

Wtb new beetle headunit

Regular I believe, is monsoon plug and play?
  16. R

Wtb new beetle headunit

Looking for a oem radio for new beetle, I have a 2000.
  17. R

FS: Alamogordo, NM - ALH Parts

Interested in the alternator!
  18. R

Timing belt DIY

If you want a cam lock, camshaft counter hold tool, and tensioner tool let me know, i just finished my first one two days ago and wont be needing these for a long time. Thats all the tools i needed, and i barely needed the counter hold, i just tightened the cam as much as i felt comfortable...
  19. R

Injection pump loosing prime, thermostatic tee?

Thanks for the feedback, This is what i initially thought was going on with the car and was worried. I was able to get it primed by a Poland spring bottle and the mity vac on the output side. I used a 50cc syringe to force diesel through the IP initially and hot swapped it with vacuum pulled on...
  20. R

Injection pump loosing prime, thermostatic tee?

Appreciate the response I will try and run it off a different supply source and see what the deal is, it must be a leak in the fuel lines I replaced, was running fine prior. It just feels like the pump inside isn't pulling fluid, but I have not been able to get a stream of fluid out of the top...