Search results

1. Beowulf

Rear Wheel Bearings - Packing with Grease after pressed into drum?

Thanks again. I was able to remove the rubber seal and pack the bearings by hand.
  2. Beowulf

Thank you very much for the advice everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.
  3. Beowulf

Hi tdidieselbobny, Thanks for the reply. My limited understanding is that the outer bearing is not pressed into the center of the hub, but the races and the inner (bigger) bearing are pressed in. Is the "wheel seal" the rubber grease seal that goes onto the back of the hub? If so, it sounds...
  4. Beowulf

The machine shop didn't pack the races and inner bearings with grease before pressing them into the hub. What is the best way to pack the bearings with grease now that they're in the drum. The instructions I've been able to find assume the bearing is packed with grease before being pressed in...
  5. Beowulf

How to video: On car VE injection pump seal replacement video

Thanks for the comments.
  6. Beowulf

FS: Good fuel pump from 96 1Z TDI $200

OK, thanks. I've been doing the research and I'm going to try to reseal my pump on the car using the how-to videos on youtube that dieselgeek uploaded. If I end up having to remove the pump, I will hit you up to see if your leaky pump from the 97 Jetta is still available. Thanks, Steven
  7. Beowulf

How to video: On car VE injection pump seal replacement video

Thanks to runonbeer and dieselgeek for creating the video and to everyone who has commented on this thread to add their advice. I'm planning on doing this job next weekend, so doing my research now. I've put together (what I think is) a complete list of tools and parts needed and grouped all 7...
  8. Beowulf

FS: Good fuel pump from 96 1Z TDI $200

Interested in the non-leaky pump. Will the injection pump for the 1Z will mate up to a AHU in a 98 Jetta?
  9. Beowulf

FS: 2x AHU Injection pumps

It looks like you're in Canada. Was the complete pump for a TDI with engine code AHU or for one of the older indirect injection diesel engines? Will you ship to the US?
  10. Beowulf

'98 Jetta / AHU Parts / Corrado Parts

Got it. Bump to let you know I've replied. Thanks.
  11. Beowulf

'98 Jetta / AHU Parts / Corrado Parts

Hello sir, Please let me know if this is still available and what shipping would be to 20180: >>Center Console/heat switches/ash tray unit thingy- nothing busted - $20 + shipping Thanks, Steven
  12. Beowulf

WTB 14" or 15" 4 lug corrados for B4 1996 Passat TDI

So, according to the ECS tuning "application guide" these 15" wheels will fit onto a Mk3 Jetta TDI with the 4x100 lug bolt pattern. The OEM setup with 14" wheels on the Jetta 3 is 195/65 R14. What size tires would one fit onto these Corrado wheels? Thanks, Steven
  13. Beowulf

Part out 98 ahu

I'm looking for a fender mounted radio antenna, the wiring from the antenna to the head unit, and an OEM VW head unit (with the radio code). Do you have these parts? If so, how much with shipping to 20180? Thanks, Steven.
  14. Beowulf

Complete 1998 Jetta TDI Part Out, Full running swap available...FL

I'm looking for a fender mounted radio antenna, the wiring from the antenna to the head unit, and an OEM VW head unit (with the radio code). Do you have these parts? If so, how much with shipping to 20180? Thanks, Steven.
  15. Beowulf

Part out 98 ahu

16. Beowulf

Part out 98 ahu

17. Beowulf

Full part out of 98 Jetta TDI AHU running a Garret GT20

Hi schmietdi, I'm looking for a fender mounted radio antenna, the wiring from the antenna to the head unit, and an OEM VW head unit (with the radio code). Do you have any or all of these parts available?
  18. Beowulf

1996 B4 Passat... where's the thermostat?

Hi Tony, Thank you very much for the reply. Is that in addition to A, J, and F, or instead of?
  19. Beowulf

1996 B4 Passat... where's the thermostat?

I'm hoping for some advice. I'm trying to replace my thermostat (it's failed open and my car never reaches operating temp now). I removed the belt, and removed bolts A and J. I removed F, but that did nothing to loosen the power steering pump. I then loosened I. THis allowed the power...
  20. Beowulf

DC/MD/VA Fall 2012 Get-Together

October 6th looks good for me. Other weekends are out for me, though. I will be sure to bring my KII-USB VAG-COM scan tool and laptop for anyone needing codes read from older model TDIs (familiar with scanning Mk3s mainly).